Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9792 posts

Re: The Last of Us, multiplayer confirmed. (Updated with video)

Jun 17, 2012

actually L4D 2 has a competitive MP, and it sucks a lot. 

Message 21 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Thats because L4D's gameplay sucks.

Message 22 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Well, when i heard how TLoU will be, i thought "I hope they dont put MP on this one". I really enjoy MP (especially the Uncharted ones), since it significantly increases the replay value, but lately, game producers are making it more important than the good old SP. But later, i knew about Day Z... man, this completly changed my mind! Search about Day Z on YouTube. If TLoU MP will be something like this, it will be just amazing!

PS: Sorry for my English, i'm from Brazil.

Message 23 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9792 posts

Jun 18, 2012

I looked up the video..that's pretty cool. 

I think a red dead redemption style MP would definitely be cool with a game like this.  I really like MPs that are like this...I've always wanted to play the GTA IV MP, but never actually owned the game. 

It's be cool to play a MP like this, but I think TLoU is too linear for something like this sadly.  It looks too nice to be a huge open world game like this. 

One thing I don't like about the vid, is the guy runs for 13 minutes before he even encounters any living thing.  (the vid I watched) that'd get hella boring.  A "party chat" feature would go great with a game like this though. 

Message 24 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Jun 18, 2012

Competitive could be cool... But they would have to implement key The Last of Us features to make sure it is not just Uncharted with different skins and maps. For example, have a mode where the infected pour into a building and both teams have to escape. You can kill the other team on the way down, or try and subdue them so they are taken by the Infected. The team that escapes with the most members wins. How sweet would that be? Of course ND would not be able to implement it now but I can imagine that being such a fun and crazy mode!

Message 25 of 53 (100 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9792 posts

Jun 18, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Competitive could be cool... But they would have to implement key The Last of Us features to make sure it is not just Uncharted with different skins and maps. For example, have a mode where the infected pour into a building and both teams have to escape. You can kill the other team on the way down, or try and subdue them so they are taken by the Infected. The team that escapes with the most members wins. How sweet would that be? Of course ND would not be able to implement it now but I can imagine that being such a fun and crazy mode!

That reminds me of a game mode in kain and lynch 2.  It's cops vs robbers (literally) and you get money by killing the other team (as robbers) and you can kill your own team mates so that your cash reward gets bigger.  But if people notice you doing this, most of the time they step in and say "uh no, you're the one that's dying"  It was pretty fun, but had a horrible online (lag)

I'm really liking the "day z" and red dead mp style... that'd be so sweet.  Very doubtful it'll happen though. 

Message 26 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jun 19, 2012

This sounds like the perfect excuse to have a MP/4 Player Survival Co-Op Online! Imagine the possibilites!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9792 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Yeah, the possibilities are nigh endless at this point.  Mostly because nothing has been announced though. 

Whatever choice they make, I hope it fits TLoU better than it would Uncharted. 

Message 28 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Yeah, the possibilities are nigh endless at this point.  Mostly because nothing has been announced though. 

Whatever choice they make, I hope it fits TLoU better than it would Uncharted. 

exactly...

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 29 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jun 20, 2012

Dunno if it's been mentioned but I reckon the FFA should be exactly how the single player is....eg, take the e3 demo you have the whole area as a map, 8 players spread across the map. You don't start with a weapon, instead you have to scavenge for weapons and you can create cocktails, medi packs ect..1 life....elimination style. So it would be a FFA survival elimination match. 1 request. Keep the melee as it is in single player. It would force you to use it wisely instead of every time your in CQC.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - miloandtheminors
Message 30 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes