Jun 16 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

The Last of Us, multiplayer confirmed. (Updated with video)

52 replies 754 views Edited Jun 16, 2012

Maybe 2 player MP, or an actual co-op/competitive MP. 

Also, some new story elements have come into light...apparently there may be other characters you play as.  There will be different factions and Ellie is the daughter of one of Joels friends and he asks Joel to taker her out of the quarantine zone. 

There are other factions, like what we saw in the E3 gameplay demo, but not every faction will want to kill Joel and Ellie. 

I don't have the video, but I do have a thread that has the video in it...I'll be looking for it to post in here...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-last-of/731522

Message 1 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Re: The Last of Us, multiplayer confirmed. (Updated with video)

Jun 16, 2012

This is really cool, but now we know why it won't be releasing this fall

hopefully the multiplayer is worth the wait?

oh well, i'm going to be buying only for the single player anyways    

Message 2 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Yeah, I was hoping there wasn't going to be a MP, unless it's all co-op.  Like a survival mode, or missions or just parts of the story mode.

Kind of sad, that it's only going to be as long as the uncharted games...but that's fairly long...like 12 hours I believe?

Message 3 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 16, 2012

I hope there will not be MP too, but if that's confirmed... It would totally kill the game for me. If that's some deathmatch were you kill other players, we'll have weapons (while in the game, you killed for 2 bullets). Same thing if you've got to fight infected (even worse). I guess the MP would be the plague!

Message 4 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Jun 16, 2012

How can a multiplayer killl a game? It just adds for posibilities and replay value!

Message 5 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Hopefully just co-op. Splitscreen would be awesome in a survival game like this.

Message 6 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Yes, maybe "kill" is a bit violent, but what I mean is that when a game has MP, a lot of things are built only for MP, which finishes to became the most important part of the game. Example with Uncharted: in the 2nd, there was a new MP, the game was long, there was no problems. But then came the DLC, all about MP, and, finally, in the 3rd, the MP was as important as the SP and the SP suffered of it (don't know for you but I thought the 3rd was a bit short.). So yes, it adds replay value, but when the game comes out, there's nothing done anymore for SP, which was the heart of the game. And that's sad since a lot of people can't play online. I like the uncharted MP (and specially because of the lack of MP trophies) but now, I have to say, the SP only game are quite rare. ND said they want us to live a unique story experience with TLoU, but I guess MP, unless eventually coop, won't make it possible.

Message 7 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20408 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

and Ellie is the daughter of one of Joels friends

My fantasies are now crushed. Thanks for that.

Message 8 of 53 (754 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

and Ellie is the daughter of one of Joels friends

My fantasies are now crushed. Thanks for that.

---------------------

t'was going to happen one way or another. 

Message 9 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 16, 2012

julien-brethiot wrote:

I hope there will not be MP too, but if that's confirmed... It would totally kill the game for me. If that's some deathmatch were you kill other players, we'll have weapons (while in the game, you killed for 2 bullets). Same thing if you've got to fight infected (even worse). I guess the MP would be the plague!

This game feels way too slow paced for a competitive MP.  The build is exactly like Uncharted, but from the looks of the demo it's somewhat clunkier, slower and the gunplay looks slower as well.  Though  most of this seems on purpose. 

With gameplay like this, I'm sure any kind of co-op MP (with missions or just a survival mode) would be out of the question.  Unless of course, the game was played the way it was to keep up the feel of the atmosphere.  It wouldn't have been as cool (or even lasted near as long) if they had just ran everywhere. 

Message 10 of 53 (754 Views)
0 Likes