First Son
5 posts

Re: The Last of Us ending leaked online!

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

I know, I know, it's silly. But I'm sorry, I thought it was funny! It was a quirky edit, take it for the laugh that it is.

Message 31 of 37 (733 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Feb 1, 2013

joelio13 wrote:
@matthijs_17 http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/prince-of-persia-franchise-paused

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Smiley Sad

ok, now I'm in for a rant:

I am sick of the fact that the videogame market is full of **bleep** games like shooters and other crap, and because all those 13 year old kids prefer to play call of duty or battlefield or medal of honor or other crap like that, the big publishers (EA, ubisoft, activision) don't make quality games anymore, with the exception of activision who never actually published a quality game at all...

at least we got Naughty Dog (Uncharted and The Last of Us) or Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls) or Media Molecule (Little Big Planet) or Sucker Punch (Sly and Infamous) to make quality games for us, but even the smaller studios want to join the shooter market, look at Insomniac, the developers of Ratchet and Clank, the latest 2 games were crap (All 4 one and q-force aka full frontal assault) because they prefer to make shooters too, so they can sell more copies of there games, **bleep**...

Message 32 of 37 (723 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

joelio13 wrote:
@matthijs_17 http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/prince-of-persia-franchise-paused

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Smiley Sad

ok, now I'm in for a rant:

I am sick of the fact that the videogame market is full of **bleep** games like shooters and other crap, and because all those 13 year old kids prefer to play call of duty or battlefield or medal of honor or other crap like that, the big publishers (EA, ubisoft, activision) don't make quality games anymore, with the exception of activision who never actually published a quality game at all...

at least we got Naughty Dog (Uncharted and The Last of Us) or Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls) or Media Molecule (Little Big Planet) or Sucker Punch (Sly and Infamous) to make quality games for us, but even the smaller studios want to join the shooter market, look at Insomniac, the developers of Ratchet and Clank, the latest 2 games were crap (All 4 one and q-force aka full frontal assault) because they prefer to make shooters too, so they can sell more copies of there games, **bleep**...

Trust me, I know. It's irritating.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 37 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I must be the rare breed who thoroughly enjoys both fast paced FPS games as well as craves a good story driven game Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 37 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Feb 1, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I must be the rare breed who thoroughly enjoys both fast paced FPS games as well as craves a good story driven game Smiley Happy

*keeps ranting about* yes you are, and you should be ashamed Smiley Tongue

anyway, all joking aside, you can like what you want, but you can't disagree there are to much shooters on the videogame market, and that's very annoying for people who thorougly dislike shooters (like me) Smiley Wink

Message 35 of 37 (695 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

*keeps ranting about* yes you are, and you should be ashamed Smiley Tongue

anyway, all joking aside, you can like what you want, but you can't disagree there are to much shooters on the videogame market, and that's very annoying for people who thorougly dislike shooters (like me) Smiley Wink

Oh, no, I totally agree, and IMO the only real great shooter still out there today is the Battlefield franchise, what with teamplay focus and great atmospheres. BC2 and BF3 are two of my all time favorite online games. I still don't really get the hype for the CoD games, though.

What is annoying to me is that a shooter game can be fantastic, there's still potential there. The developers of said popular shooters seem more focused on making money instead of making a fantastic game, pumping out game after game on the same outdated engine and releasing unfinished MP experiences with countless DLC packs and a crap single player that nobody plays anyway. Yeah, from my perspective that's frustrating as hell when they could spend those years building an amazing finished product. With that said it's really no surprise to me that so many gamers don't like the shooter market.

Over the two though, I'd still prefer a story over a shooter any day.

Message 36 of 37 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Lulwut?

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 37 of 37 (615 Views)
0 Likes