Highlighted
Jul 06 2013
By: Ramify Lombax Warrior 136 posts

The Last of Us Single Player Is Uncut! (No Censorship)

[ Edited ]
19 replies 4659 views Edited Jul 6, 2013

Article here: http://www.movie-censorship.com/news_en.php?ID=5704

movie-censorship wrote:

Let's look back one week. On June 27th, 2013, we released the news that Naughty Dog's newest game The Last of Us is not fully uncensored in its European version, unfortunately. There are differences in the game's multiplayer mode regarding violence. As promised, we thoroughly checked the single player mode just in case and can assure the gaming community that we could not discover any differences between the EU and US versions of the game. The gameplay as well as the cutscenes are identical. Sony's announcement that the single player mode is not affected by the censorship measures can be validated. A report that documents the censorship in the multiplayer mode is currently in the works. If you're solely interested in the game's single player mode, you can rest assured and grab the EU version, as well. It can be ordered at Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.

I have a created a thread that has some comparison GIFS from the multiplayer: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Updated-The-Last-of-Us-Censorship-...

Message 1 of 20 (4,659 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Re: The Last of Us Single Player Is Uncut! (No Censorship)

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Europe is wack , they let but f'ers run around  but cencor games ? Moraly flawed hahaha ? 

Message 2 of 20 (4,625 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jul 6, 2013

frogmanlego wrote:

Europe is wack , they let but f'ers run around  but cencor games ? Moraly flawed hahaha ? 

Not Europe, Germany. They just cba to make two version so screwed the rest of Europe, Australia & New Zealand.

Message 3 of 20 (4,606 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 6, 2013
I wish Naughty Dog were more transparent with their Europe and Australian customers.
Message 4 of 20 (4,552 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

I will definitely consider my options before getting any EU version of a Sony published game, since GoW Ascension and TLoU both were censored like this, i guess it will be a trend now.

LAZY SONY! LAZY DEVS!

HOW **bleep** HARD IS IT TO MAKE A GERMANY SPECIFIC VERSION AND LEAVE THE REST OF EUROPE UNCENSORED???

LAZY!

Edit: profanity removed

Editor/Organizer
Message 5 of 20 (4,501 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Jul 6, 2013
I'm kinda getting sick of people complaining. I live in australia and the multiplayer is censored here too but does it change the gameplay? The story? No so get over it seriously it's just getting annoying.
Message 6 of 20 (4,477 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Censorship is just plain stupid. It's like telling a grown adult, they can't eat steak, because a baby can't chew it.

Message 7 of 20 (4,448 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jul 6, 2013

chrispy365 wrote:
I'm kinda getting sick of people complaining. I live in australia and the multiplayer is censored here too but does it change the gameplay? The story? No so get over it seriously it's just getting annoying.

Don't read the posts then if they annoy you that much. Just because you are happy to bend over and take crap like this, doesn't mean everyone else should.

You must have been well annoyed that all the complainers finally got you your R18+ rating for games. **bleep** those complainers, actually changing something.

Message 8 of 20 (4,370 Views)
Sackboy
613 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

I'm glad that SP is uncut, but I can't stand that MP is dumbed down!!! It looses it's realism, and immersiveness. EU players have bodies that are made of some rubbery steel material. Shotgun to the head..? **bleep** please, my body is suuuper awesome to fall apart Smiley Tongue

Edit: profanity removed

Message 9 of 20 (3,984 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Jul 21, 2013

UK versions isnt censored...   Smiley Happy3v83m3.jpg

Spoiler

Message 10 of 20 (3,802 Views)
0 Likes