Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 18 2012
By: Helder-x3 Splicer 69 posts

The Last of Us Character Joel Took Inspiration From Josh Brolin

2 replies 1356 views Edited Jan 18, 2012

Source & Full Story: http://playstationedge.com/ps3/the-last-of-us-character-joel-took-inspiration-from-josh-brolin/

In the latest issue of EDGE, has revealed quite a lot of new details for the high anticipated third-person survival horror game The Last of Us.

In the magazine, a part from Q&A with Troy Baker, voice actor of Joel (an adult male survivor appears to be middle-aged), revealing behind the inspiration of Joel’s voice.

The Q&A can be found at below:
Did you draw any inspiration from any specific sources?

Yeah - I’m a thief, I think it was a really good meeting of minds where the game was pulling its inspiration from Children of Men, No Country for Old Men. I think that Josh (Brolin) is an incredible actor, and what he did specifically in No Country was flawless. Intrinsically, any time you watch something you absorb that, and whether you’re conscious of it or not you’re me that Steve McQueen on The Great Escape came back with the script on the first day of shooting and had scratched out 60 per cent of his lines. And he said, “I’ll give you eyes, I’ll give you emotions, but I’m not going to talk. I don’t need to talk.” That’s a great choice. That’s the kind of person, the kind of actor, I want to be. Someone who says a lot without saying anything . So I think I pull inspiration from anywhere and anything that I can, and I bastardise it.

Source & Full Story: http://playstationedge.com/ps3/the-last-of-us-character-joel-took-inspiration-from-josh-brolin/

Message 1 of 3 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Re: The Last of Us Character Joel Took Inspiration From Josh Brolin

Jan 20, 2012

As a stage actor I agree totally that less is often more not Hammily with over arched eyebrows etc but you can say so much without actually articulating as we see in the trailer where Joel looks at Ellie before he cocks the gun, that exchange of looks and a gentle nod is superb especially in a rendered video game.

Message 2 of 3 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Re: The Last of Us Character Joel Took Inspiration From Josh Brolin

Jan 22, 2012

so if they ever do decide to make a TLOU movie, we have our actors/actresses.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 3 of 3 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes