Reply
Highlighted
Apr 16 2014
By: auburntiger92 Lombax Warrior 128 posts
Offline

The Last Of Us unconfirmed release date

[ Edited ]
10 replies 427 views Edited Apr 16, 2014

I'm not sure if it has been posted yet but supposedly the release date is June 20th. According to Best Buy, Gamefly and Target. Hasn't been confirmed yet but I think it's safe to say that it's the correct date. I hope so at least! It would make a great birthday gift!

 

Edit: Moved from PS General

Message 1 of 11 (427 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/20/2014
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 16, 2014

That is almost (maybe even) quite literally right when summer officially starts. But the hopeful in me was hoping for a May release. Nevertheless, got my copy already pre-ordered and paid for in full and can't wait to try it after hearing and reading so many good things about the game.

Message 2 of 11 (423 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/08/2013
Offline
2023 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 16, 2014

Yuri_Rayne wrote:

That is almost (maybe even) quite literally right when summer officially starts. But the hopeful in me was hoping for a May release. Nevertheless, got my copy already pre-ordered and paid for in full and can't wait to try it after hearing and reading so many good things about the game.


Yeah. The Last of Us is one of the best games you can play in this world Smiley Happy



LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 3 of 11 (386 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 16, 2014

They'd have to release it sometime before the Fall because in September, Destiny releases and thats going to overshadow pretty much every game's sale for the rest of the year. And then you have The Order: 1886 which is rumored to release at the end of the year.

If it was up to me, I'd certainly release it in May or June to maximize the stagnant wait for true next-gen games before other game releases overshadow it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 11 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/20/2012
Offline
128 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 17, 2014

I agree. I was hoping for a late May/early June release date but I can live with June 20th. Watch Dogs releases on May 27th so fingers crossed that that can hold me over until it releases!

Message 5 of 11 (295 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/20/2012
Offline
128 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 17, 2014

Personally, it's my favorite game. It has everything I could want in a game. Also, if I could have chose one game to ported over to this gen it would've been The Last Of Us! I know there are plenty games like the Bioshock series and a few other series that I would definitely buy again if they got ported over, but The Last Of US was just everything I wanted in a game and it's awesome that it's coming to PS4. I'm hoping that it looks as good, if not better, then Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. My God that was a gorgeous game.

Message 6 of 11 (293 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/20/2012
Offline
128 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 17, 2014

Yes, I believe The Order: 1886 is being released this year. But part of me wants to say that it got oushed back to early 2015? I could be thinking of a different game though. And I agree with what you said about Destiny. Easily my mosy anticipated game this year! Right behind it is Evolve, Batman Arkham Knight, and it's a toss up between The Evil Within and Watch Dogs!

Message 7 of 11 (292 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/12/2013
Offline
1642 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 17, 2014

darkforcegod wrote:

Yuri_Rayne wrote:

That is almost (maybe even) quite literally right when summer officially starts. But the hopeful in me was hoping for a May release. Nevertheless, got my copy already pre-ordered and paid for in full and can't wait to try it after hearing and reading so many good things about the game.


Yeah. The Last of Us is one of the best games you can play in this world Smiley Happy


One of the best? It's THE best game you can play Smiley Tongue I think it might come out June 14th still, just to mark the one year anniversary of The Last of Us. 

 

By the way dude, nice sig. Nigri FTW

_______________________________________________________________
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 8 of 11 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11613 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 17, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Yuri_Rayne wrote:

That is almost (maybe even) quite literally right when summer officially starts. But the hopeful in me was hoping for a May release. Nevertheless, got my copy already pre-ordered and paid for in full and can't wait to try it after hearing and reading so many good things about the game.


Yeah. The Last of Us is one of the best games you can play in this world Smiley Happy


One of the best? It's THE best game you can play Smiley Tongue I think it might come out June 14th still, just to mark the one year anniversary of The Last of Us. 

 

By the way dude, nice sig. Nigri FTW


FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 9 of 11 (252 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/12/2013
Offline
1642 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us release date.

Apr 17, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

Yuri_Rayne wrote:

That is almost (maybe even) quite literally right when summer officially starts. But the hopeful in me was hoping for a May release. Nevertheless, got my copy already pre-ordered and paid for in full and can't wait to try it after hearing and reading so many good things about the game.


Yeah. The Last of Us is one of the best games you can play in this world Smiley Happy


One of the best? It's THE best game you can play Smiley Tongue I think it might come out June 14th still, just to mark the one year anniversary of The Last of Us. 

 

By the way dude, nice sig. Nigri FTW



 

_______________________________________________________________
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 10 of 11 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes