Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Re: The Last Of Us from a kid's prospective

Oct 6, 2012

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 11 of 17 (324 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I'm pretty sure this game is going to be M rated, even if it (probably) has content/language filter it will be rated w/o those filters.

How old is your bro? If he is old enough then have him buy that game for you. If not, then try to ask your parents to buy you that game. The key to have your parents buy you stuff you like is be good to them, do good in school and explain to them very well that the games you play does not and will not affect you in any way how you behave in real life. That you are mature enough to know that the (BAD) things you see in video games shouldn't be replicated in life.

TL;DR version:

To have your parents get you M rated game:

be good to them,

do well in school (in my case it did matter),

earn their trust that you are mature enough that things you see in video games shoudn't be done in real life.

(a long discussion/explaining stuff with your parents might be needed on this one lol) Tell them that it might have gratuitous amount of violence, but if you focus on the story and the characters on the game and not on the violence it has, you will see that the game's story actually teaches a moral lesson.(*note:i don't know the story of tlou, i'm just assuming the game will give us a somewhat (might be just a little) moral lesson in the story lol)

telling them in advance (months or weeks ahead) that you want this game might help.

+============================================================+
Message 12 of 17 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Oh you see i told my Dad to buy it on NEwegg at 48 but he said wait till it comes out to buy it, so there i am good. I get all A's except in Math where i get B's, but i a one grade ahead in math though. I guess i'm good to them. Although the problem is my Dad doesn't let me watch SOME PG-13 movies and R rated movies don't ask. I wanted to go see The Dark Knight Rises and he read parental reviews and said no to me. I wanted to read The Walking Dead COMICS and he said no. I hope it's rated T or has a HUGE content filter for me to play it. 

Message 13 of 17 (277 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Also my bro is 19 but he is a HARDCORE Xbox gamer. There is no chance there.

Message 14 of 17 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Hate to break it to you kid, but you saw that demo gameplay and I can not see a way in heck that the game will be rated T

R.I.P POGO
Message 15 of 17 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Oct 19, 2012
Adult trrrrooooolllllllllllululul
Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 16 of 17 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Oct 21, 2012

loves_videogames wrote:

Oh you see i told my Dad to buy it on NEwegg at 48 but he said wait till it comes out to buy it, so there i am good. I get all A's except in Math where i get B's, but i a one grade ahead in math though. I guess i'm good to them. Although the problem is my Dad doesn't let me watch SOME PG-13 movies and R rated movies don't ask. I wanted to go see The Dark Knight Rises and he read parental reviews and said no to me. I wanted to read The Walking Dead COMICS and he said no. I hope it's rated T or has a HUGE content filter for me to play it. 

Congrats to that (your dad getting you the game) and doing great in school. Prepare some "back up" reasoning once your dad (or if he ever) finds out how violent/bloody this game willl be and decides not to get it for you lol.

+============================================================+
Message 17 of 17 (207 Views)
0 Likes