Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/17/2010
Offline
299 posts
 

I think it's time they stop multiplayer and focus on just...

Dec 12, 2011

I think it's time they stop multiplayer and focus on just single player. Why does everyone want multiplayer so much. Just play the game, enjoy it. Like we did with Drake's Fortune.

Message 11 of 52 (618 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
349 posts
 

Re: Maybe they mean it wasn't announced yet...

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012


Kallusiive wrote:

I don't think it will have multiplayer... (seeings as it says "no network play")


     fadi002 wrote:

        Maybe they mean it wasn't announced yet...


     

Well they already confirmed a multiplayer  Smiley Very Happy


Message 12 of 52 (617 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/04/2010
Offline
2480 posts
 

Re: Then it's a good thing this game isn't called "The L...

Sep 28, 2012

fadi002 wrote:

 


TheMaddHater wrote:

 


Naughty Dog wrote:

I hope The Last Of Us will have a multiplayer if the genre is capable of having one..


 

If it is indeed Survial Horror-type, I'd hope that it'd be something like Left4Dead.

 

I've always wanted a Left4Dead-type on PS3, but have been disappointed with Dead Island, Dead Nation, Dead Rising, Dead Block, and all other Dead crap that's NOT Left 4 Dead.

 

Honestly, Dead Island was closest, but still had some elements missing and could've been a lot more polished... (I love being able to BE the zombie in L4D - but that's not my only gripe).


Then it's a good thing this game isn't called "The Last Of The Dead" :smileytongue:

 


If I ever make a game, I will call it that.

 

It should be about a world where no-one can die. No-one but "the last of the dead".

Already gives me the chills

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 13 of 52 (612 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5481 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us™ Online Multiplayer

Sep 28, 2012
Haha, making TLoU like Left 4 Dead is the worst idea I've ever heard.
Message 14 of 52 (600 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us™ Online Multiplayer

Sep 28, 2012

I really hope they carry all the singleplayer mechanics to multiplayer. By that I mean bring the same pace, close combat moments, and the strategy used. You should be able to sneak up on people online and use the enviorment as your advantage instead of running around shooting your pistols and shotguns like in Uncharted. Atleast Naughty Dog is taking their time in developing multiplayer ideas which is a good sign in my book.

Message 15 of 52 (589 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/23/2011
Offline
578 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us™ Online Multiplayer

Sep 30, 2012

personally i LOVE the multiplayer aspect and because ND have proven they can do it so well (with the Uncharted series) I really think they should have a full multiplayer with TLOU. Particularly because it has a much more adult theme to it and the possibilities with the multiplayer become really interesting.

 

dadypain

BIG2KREW

Message 16 of 52 (559 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
349 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us™ Online Multiplayer

Sep 30, 2012

dadypain wrote:

personally i LOVE the multiplayer aspect and because ND have proven they can do it so well (with the Uncharted series) I really think they should have a full multiplayer with TLOU. Particularly because it has a much more adult theme to it and the possibilities with the multiplayer become really interesting.

 

dadypain

BIG2KREW


DADYPAIINNNNNNNN Smiley Very Happy

 

And I agree, something like a competitive and a CO-OP like uncharted, they could get more sales that way because a certain amount of people are gonna buy the game for multiplayer and if its only co-op their gonna skip it (they don't really care for the story), although if it has a competitive they can enjoy it and the people who want co-op can enjoy co-op, it allows replay value to last longer, because only co-op or competitive really makes the game stale.


Message 17 of 52 (544 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5481 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us™ Online Multiplayer

Sep 30, 2012

iqbal64255 wrote:

 

And I agree, something like a competitive and a CO-OP like uncharted, they could get more sales that way because a certain amount of people are gonna buy the game for multiplayer and if its only co-op their gonna skip it (they don't really care for the story), although if it has a competitive they can enjoy it and the people who want co-op can enjoy co-op, it allows replay value to last longer, because only co-op or competitive really makes the game stale.


 

I disagree completely. Uncharted-style multiplayer for TLoU would be absolutely terrible. It needs to be something very different to keep the survival feel of the game.

Message 18 of 52 (542 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
349 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us™ Online Multiplayer

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

calcunnon wrote:

iqbal64255 wrote:

 

And I agree, something like a competitive and a CO-OP like uncharted, they could get more sales that way because a certain amount of people are gonna buy the game for multiplayer and if its only co-op their gonna skip it (they don't really care for the story), although if it has a competitive they can enjoy it and the people who want co-op can enjoy co-op, it allows replay value to last longer, because only co-op or competitive really makes the game stale.


 

I disagree completely. Uncharted-style multiplayer for TLoU would be absolutely terrible. It needs to be something very different to keep the survival feel of the game.


No no no, I didn't mean Uncharted-like type of multiplayer, I don't want this game anything like uncharted. The last of us is its own game and can stand on its own feet without anything from uncharted, what I meant is something like what dadypain said, a full multiplayer like coop and competitive but nothing like Team death match or that type of stuff but completely new modes that would make sense for a survival game, I think the game will lose players quicker than uncharted if it only has co-op or competitive, uncharted though has both


Message 19 of 52 (539 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5481 posts
 

Re: The Last Of Us™ Online Multiplayer

Sep 30, 2012
Oh, then I apologise and agree Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 52 (522 Views)
Reply
0 Likes