Last Guardian
9938 posts

Re: TLOU Part II will have Druckmann's POLITICAL, LOL!

Jan 25, 2017

NightD720 wrote:
Political statements are in all types of games. Specially war games. Look at war of mine,valient hearts, hell even the lord of the rings has political statements on the progress of war and the decimation of the world because of it. Cause and effect.

It comes with the Games are Art argument...

Same with any writing, the author is limited by their worldview...

Message 11 of 17 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56979 posts

Jan 25, 2017

I've seen political views in the games I've played for sure but to openly and outwardly say you are going to put them in a game is new, to me anyway. 

Message 12 of 17 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5990 posts

Jan 25, 2017

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I actually didn't enjoy TLOU's gameplay, at all.   Great story/presentation but the gameplay wasn't my thing. 

Shh, quiet, you're on the fanb, er, PS forums...

TLoU is one of the few games I'd consider a masterpeice.

I will, however, **bleep** on Knack all day long.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cptkrby kirby photo ROFLkirby.png
Message 13 of 17 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
412 posts

Jan 27, 2017

This will end well.

Message 14 of 17 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
407 posts

Jan 29, 2017
I think political politics or whatever you want to call them has been in games for quite a while, however subtle. Whether it is a good thing or bad thing is a whole different topic... What I don't understand is how people adamantly INSIST on Ellie being a lesbian? In all seriously, how is she gay? Because she kissed a girl? She's 14 and she lives in an apocalyptic world to say the least. Im all for representation and whatever, but: She's not gay. Nothing's ever been confirmed a s concrete evidence.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 15 of 17 (228 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Feb 2, 2017

I have to agree with you, I´ve watched a lot of interviews and none of them seemed to have confirmed anything. I admit they´ve used the term "Gay" but it seems to me they have used it for left behind only to left it open to interpretation whether she is a lesbian or bisexual. Yes she was in a relationship with Riley, but that don´t means she is in Girls only. I think a lot of people tend to label her as a lesbian based on that what they´ve saw first. For example it thought my cousin were hetero while i saw her in a relationship with a guy, based on that what i´ve saw first. After a year or so she had a Girlfriend. Furthermore i think the people using the term gay to determine the sexual orientation of someone regardless of other preferences. Correct me if i´m wrong, but i think this will be still a big topic in the next years unless we get a official confirmation whether she is lesbian or bi. I don´t care too much about the gaygamer "interview", because there are more interviews on IGN, Kotaku, or the Reddit AMA which seems to me more believable. It´s not Druckmanns point of view only, it is Straley´s in there too.

I myself would be a little bit dissapointed if she is a lesbian, because I saw the whole story through Joel´s eyes and he was like a father to her.

This is what i would feel like a father. Of course i would be happy if i saw my Girl happy with another Girl, but at the same time i would be sad because she wouldn´t never have the pleasure to be a parent too.

If she is bisexual, that would be believable, i think if i would live in a world like this and the only connection i ever made were with Guy i would fall for him too. It would be believable if Ellie falls in love with people regardless of gender or race, that would be understandable.

But it wouldn´t be understandable to make her a lesbian, this decision were made for political reasons only. And it would be a bad move of the minority to force the majority their point of view. Almost no one has a problem with homosexuals, but i don´t want to be forced to like it.

All i want for the sequel is a believable and intensive story, just like part 1. If they build up another lovestory between Ellie and another Girl, i want them to take their time and not to put it in just to have it in. Please a good story, not just a story infested by political issues.

Message 16 of 17 (207 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Feb 8, 2017

Neils stament makes sense. He is a brilliant writer. The Last of Us is in my humble opinion the best fictional tale ever told. That being said, its far from perfect. I have mixed feelings on left behind. I'm worried that tlou pt 2 will be to much like left behind. I understand the tweeters comment as well. He was just worried about that the quality of the story telling me be diminished. Story telling is  slippery slope. At the end of the day, it is Neils story, and he has the right to tell it the way he wants to. But I also think he should take care with its execution. 

Message 17 of 17 (149 Views)