That sounds like a very logical thing to do lol I'm definately going to try it

P-O-O-P
Message 11 of 15 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Re: Survivor+ Hotel Basement Help

Jul 20, 2013
Yeah man I had listen mode off so I had no clue where that BIG jerk was at! He'll just wait upstairs until you make enough noise for him to come down...my first try he stood behind a corner and just ripped my face off! Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 15 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Jul 20, 2013

Lmao poor soul I don't have listen mode anyways the whole time I was trying it I didn't see the bloater untill I tried opening the door before you get to swipe the cars and by the time I got to slide the card he had already thrown enough of those spore bombs to kill me

P-O-O-P
Message 13 of 15 (115 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Jul 20, 2013
Never use a third party controller. I learned that lesson in the Ps2 days.
Message 14 of 15 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jul 20, 2013

My tactic was:

First grab the keycard then run out and turn right to box yourself into a corner.  The Stalkers will come at you one at a time in that corner (4 of them).

Since you had no weapons, I'd take a quick run around the area before grabbing the keycard and check for bricks that are on the floor and grab one.  Remember where they are.  There should be at least one above the generator area near where you can open a bunch of drawers, and one in the bathroom near the dead end where you make your stand.

Take out the 4 Stalkers and then run to the door to check that it's locked (this will finish the Joel animation where he sees that the door is locked, this will save you time when trying to swipe the keycard because he always has to check the door first before being able to swipe the card).

Start the generator then run back to the dead-end area where you first fought the 4 Stalkers.  Count to 30 and check in the distance to see the large outline of the Bloater making it's way to you past the double doors (if you don't see the Bloater he took the 1st floor pathway and should be close to you so just run staight for the double door past the drop off).  If you do see the Bloater walking past the doulbe door past the drop-off area, give him another 10 count to move further from that double door area then SPRINT YOUR @$$ off and jump over the drop-off and go through the double door and turn left.  Sprint for the keycard panel and swipe it quickly (a Stalker may be waiting for you, hit him and just run, don't spend time punching him becuase the Bloater is now after you)  

This is how I worked both Survivor and + on my play-thru's.

Message 15 of 15 (108 Views)