Feb 09 2013
By: a20198610 Wastelander 775 posts

Survival/ Horde more in TLOU

[ Edited ]
6 replies 472 views Edited Feb 12, 2013

I woud really like to have in this game type of co-op arena, where we need to survive ways of enemies and defend house/ restaurant/ gas station/ armory, as character from campaign who we choose:

I talking about something like This:

Jump to 2:30

- 2 to 3 people
- always low ammo

- making barricades and using tools to make them!
- using white weapons (axes, baseball bats, etc.)
- sub bosses
- armored infected (infected soldiers or police officers who have body armors/ armored legs etc.)
- random/ diffrent type of enemies (maps where we could defend ourself only against Clickers or only against Runners, or only against human bandits, or against mixed types of Infected. etc.

- night and day time.

At least 4-5 really good maps would be great.

Plus co-op adventure mode where we need to have some story line (like we have in Uncharted 3), stealth elements etc.
What do you think about this?

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 1 of 7 (472 Views)
Naughty Paw
11897 posts

Re: Survival/ Horde more in TLOU

Feb 9, 2013
This has been discussed in other topics, but yes, I presume that something like this will be available in the game.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 7 (460 Views)
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Feb 9, 2013

I want something like this too. I know the Infected will definitely play a role in MP somehow. I'm sure of it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 7 (411 Views)
I Only Post Everything
788 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I have no doubt there'll be a survival mode, but I hope it's just way more superior to Uncharted's. Sure shooting dudes mindlessly can be fun for a while but it gets boring, quickly. I hope we have the opportunity to stealth, enemies should lose track of you

Message 4 of 7 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

I have no doubt there'll be a survival mode, but I hope it's just way more superior to Uncharted's. Sure shooting dudes mindlessly can be fun for a while but it gets boring, quickly. I hope we have the opportunity to stealth, enemies should lose track of you

I can't help but feel that killing clickers and runners or even hunters mindlessly would greatly take away from the theme of the game, even if it's in MP bonus content. I hope they are a little more creative in their gamemodes honestly.

Message 5 of 7 (263 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 11, 2013
The problem with a lot of horde modes is that it becomes too repetitive because there's often a single strategy that, once players discover it, becomes universally exploited. After that, it just becomes a routine of hiding in the same corner, using the same weapons, doing the same stuff over and over again.

I would love a horde mode that does more than just overwhelm you with a ridiculous amount of enemies. Randomize the layout of maps and weapons and enemy spawns, keep the players on the move. Make it so not acting as a team will be the downfall of you. Make it truly hopeless, so that players actually feel like every moment could be their last.
Message 6 of 7 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

A-Likely-Story wrote:
The problem with a lot of horde modes is that it becomes too repetitive because there's often a single strategy that, once players discover it, becomes universally exploited. After that, it just becomes a routine of hiding in the same corner, using the same weapons, doing the same stuff over and over again.

I would love a horde mode that does more than just overwhelm you with a ridiculous amount of enemies. Randomize the layout of maps and weapons and enemy spawns, keep the players on the move. Make it so not acting as a team will be the downfall of you. Make it truly hopeless, so that players actually feel like every moment could be their last.

It's all depend of player. For example I still love to play in U2 survival or gold rush only. I still like to play in co-op arena in U3 (but less...)

If we could have:

- ability to making barricades in diffrent places (not enough materials to make them everywhere where it's possible)

- random/ diffrent type of enemy (maps where we could defend ourself only against Clickers, or only against Runners, or only against human bandits, or mixed types of Infected. etc.

- some boosters and mods for guns

Then we could have pretty good alternative from COD zombies or Horde from Gears Of War series Smiley Happy

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 7 of 7 (202 Views)
0 Likes