Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 16 2013
By: Mwames Lombax Warrior 86 posts

Sparing Other Survivors?

6 replies 397 views Edited May 16, 2013

Would you like to be able to spare the lives of the other survivors that you face? A good example would be the guy at the wrong end of the shotgun during the E3 demo. What happens if you don't shoot? I think it could be an interesting dynamic with different outcomes varying on the individual.

1. He comes at you again, resulting in another struggle.

2. He flees, never to be heard from again.

3. He flees, but brings his buddies to come after you you later on.

Those are just ideas. Would you like to see something like this implemented? Do you think ND worked this idea in?

================

Excuse my horrible Photoshop with the "One"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (397 Views)
Wastelander
604 posts

Re: Sparing Other Survivors?

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

That's actually a pretty good question mate, I honestly couldn't be sure either scenarios 1/2 seem likely. As for scenario 3 I don't think the game would punish you like that. I think he'd go for a grab at the shotgun and try to fight you again, or Joel might just automatically shoot.

But I feel as though it will be like a moment in Max Payne 3, where you're walking through a burning building and a guy lying on the ground takes out his pistol to shoot you - if you don't notice or do anything you die pretty fast, or you can just gun him down. Another Max Payne moment is where an enemy runs in and witnesses the death of all of his buddies so he drops his weapon and gets on his knees. First time I shot him and the second I left him, I assume he just-despawned after I'd run off so I imagine TLOU works like that, he probably just stays on the ground cowering or something.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

May 16, 2013

...I wish I had a "The Last of Us" sig as nice as Lt_K4RL0S...if somehow, someway...I could talk him into making me one..

*looks starry eyed*

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 16, 2013

I've been thinking about this alot actually. I think all of your options are quite likely.  

I think it should depend on the status/rank of the hunter.  

Old Bald Pipe Weilder: I think in that situation the old man would try to negotiate and leave.  

Where as the the guy in the demo seemed like the leader and quite aggressive, so I'd like to think that he'd either attack you again or like you said try to re-group and fight you once more.   

I guess it would depend on the hunter. Some would be more weak and willing to give up, while others will just fight it out.

I hope something like this is in the game. 

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 16, 2013
I would shoot them in the head or balls and not spare them. Better to not take any chances.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 30, 2013

you guys probably know this already, but naughty dog took the thought of sparing the hunter or somebody cause thats just how it has to be apperently.

PSN: ALPHA-GHOST-187

add me anytime
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 30, 2013

alphaghost775 wrote:

you guys probably know this already, but naughty dog took the thought of sparing the hunter or somebody cause thats just how it has to be apperently.

This reminds me of how Bioware took away my ability to give my Shepard a unique ending.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (209 Views)
0 Likes