Highlighted
Feb 17 2013
By: werget I Only Post Everything 1160 posts

Soundtrack?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 331 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

It just struck me, even though all of this is old news now. So remember that "Sights and Sounds Pack"? Comes with a digital copy of the soundtrack and everything? In the latest gameplay preview, apparently(according to Greg Miller of IGN), the game is very quiet and the soundtrack is almost non-existent(That's not exactly what he said, but you get the point). I was just thinking if background music will become a rarity, what exactly will be in the soundtrack? Also, it would be nice if they include the song from the Gamescom trailer, "Alone and Forsaken", and the instrumental played by Gustavo Santaolalla in the VGA 2012 trailer. Did I miss any other tracks?

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 1 of 6 (331 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Re: Soundtrack?

Feb 17, 2013

You forgot the track from the ant trailer. It was on the extended demo too. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

You forgot the track from the ant trailer. It was on the extended demo too. 

I love that theme. Eerie ambiance yet kind of soothing.

There's also the violin sounds that play when Joel and Ellie find the decomposed bodies in the bath tub in the hotel. Not sure if that counts, but I hope to hear more of that. I really love that sound. Also there is the small beat that plays when the hunters first see Joel in the E3 demo. I would imagine that like all soundtracks, even if the full track is not in the game we'll get the full original score on the soundtrack. Plus we haven't really seen much of the game at all. I'll bet most of the soundtrack is in cutscenes/more cinematic moments that we haven't seen yet.

Message 3 of 6 (310 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
787 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I have no doubt in my mind the main soundtrack will be the instrumental one by Gustavo Santaolalla. So far we've seen it in two trailers (the very first announcement and the story trailer) and it was also performed by Santaolalla at the live opening for TLOU.

Hank Williams' Alone and Forsaken, will be unlikely, Naughty Dog don't own the rights to it.

There should be other soundtracks to accompany certain cutscenes or gameplay segments so they could be included as well.

Message 4 of 6 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Hey guys, I was watching interviews between Troy and Ashley today and noticed this video had this truly beautiful track playing at the beginning. Can anyone help me identify it? I'm wondering if it is from The Last of Us as it sounds similar to Gustavo's work that we've heard so far. I hope that's a TLoU score because that just sounds perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwScc9VeRMY

Message 5 of 6 (199 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Sound track is nice

Message 6 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes