Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 20 2013
By: TheLastLiquid Hekseville Citizen 329 posts

SPOILERS. Question about Ellie?

7 replies 200 views Edited Jul 20, 2013
I think this has been discussed before but I never got an answer. Ellie carries the Cordyceps fungus but can she still infect other people? Like when she bit David, did he become infected?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: SPOILERS. Question about Ellie?

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

Yes, since the fungus is still in her she can still infect you by cut, bite.

Probably even kissing(not really an expert on that so bare with me if I'm wrong).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

Yeah, I think he was. In fact, his sudden, erratic behavior in the restaurant could possibly be attributed to him beginning to fall prey. True that he was always a lunatic, but the fungus would assuredly put him over the edge. 

And, unfortunately, it seems that Ellie can not have any relationships with some other surviving boy (there goes a sequel opportunity :smileywink: )

*EDIT*

I gave it more thought, and I feel like if her body was able to "stop" the infection, it's also possible that the whole strain in her is kind of dead. Maybe she's full of the fungus, but it's now benign. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4158 posts

Jul 20, 2013

timo352 wrote:

Yeah, I think he was. In fact, his sudden, erratic behavior in the restaurant could possibly be attributed to him beginning to fall prey. True that he was always a lunatic, but the fungus would assuredly put him over the edge. 

And, unfortunately, it seems that Ellie can not have any relationships with some other surviving boy (there goes a sequel opportunity :smileywink: )

*EDIT*

I gave it more thought, and I feel like if her body was able to "stop" the infection, it's also possible that the whole strain in her is kind of dead. Maybe she's full of the fungus, but it's now benign. 

No idea if she was really able to infect others, or just trying to scare David.

Regardless, I don't think him possibly being infected had anything to do with his behavior in the end.

That was just him not-playing-nice anymore.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jul 20, 2013
That sucks for Ellie then :/.

I wanted to hope she couldn't infect people, but I don't think it's' possible she couldn't. Reminds me of the ending of 28 weeks later -_-
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 20, 2013

Soo.. what if Ellie kisses Joel on the forhead or somthin and then an infected starts growing out of his head?! Thats gonna be the story line for the sequel I bet..

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jul 20, 2013
Nah only if Joel had a cut on his forehead and she kissed it.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jul 20, 2013

It is not known if she can pass on the Cordiceps virus, becuase every person she has bitten was killed before the 2 day period of gestation.

David was already unstable from everything Ellie had done to his group of survivors.  Remember, he had given her so many chances to just talk to him and even tell him her name and she broke his fingers by tricking him with sincerity.  He had enough and lost it becuase even his men wanted to "vote him out" after they found Ellie and were going to killed her.  He gambled on making her his pet and lost the trust of his men for it.  I'd say that going a little nuts at that point was fully warranted for taking such a chance on her and losing everything he had for it.

I think she used the "I'm infected!" line as a lie or ruse to get them to stop chopping her up and it worked.  I think she used it as a last-ditch effort to hold them from cutting her up.  And then she kills his right-hand guy right in front of him (when she rolled off the table) which would just add to his unstable attitude.  (His best man was killed by her in front of him)

He even said to her, "I don't believe you're infected, no one that's infected fights this hard to survive".  He's just livid that he lost everything and so many of his fighting-men (his army is obliterated from her and Joel) so he's going to kill her slowly for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes