Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 4, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:
It doesn't look too much like Joel and Ellie. They have the general look down though.

Yeah the head size on both is off and the faces look a tad weird.


Yeah and for the reported $200(loakum) pricetag that's unacceptable.


Yeah. Ellie's face doesn't look so messed up anymore though. In the original gamespot pic she looked really, weird.


Joel doesn't look much like himself though. He looks older and more gaunt. Ellie still looks off. $200 is a lot to pay for these things, and people should expect perfection at this price point.


Yep. Exactly why I didn't think this was worth it. For the amount of money you have to dish out I want the faces to look the same as in-game. Not slightly irregular faces.  

 

But, the OP is happy so that's good. Smiley Happy


Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 31 of 43 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
96 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 4, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

How much bigger is it than a PS3 game?


Here you go dude.

Night time with the flash sorry, but you get the scale roughly.

DSCF0308.JPG

 

I am, I will always be..
Linconan
Message 32 of 43 (345 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
870 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 4, 2013
^Wow, that thing is big. I need to see where I'm going to display it at. Maybe next to my Freddy Kruegers. Thanks for the pic.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 43 (327 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
96 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 4, 2013

No problem Smiley Happy

Sorry for the Night shot with the flash though,lol, it's throwing of the levels with light, shadow, depth and angle,lol.

He looks like he's crosseyed, LOL..but no.

 

It's perfect.

 

I'll take some extreme closeups tomorrow if i got time (Mates and State of Origin tomorrow! F YEAH!), under better natural lighting.

*cue austin powers*

"yes,yes,yes..NO, NO"

 

^And yeah, it does look like Joel and El.

Joels face is abit slimmer (depending of angle) and El's looks abit more wider in the cheekbones etc (depending of).

Some people expect lifelike, picture perfect, 100% replica statues..yeah well, that's not gunna happen.

They're statues.

And they're great!

And, they look like as such.Not perfect no, but seriously, this isn't hollywood budget for wax museum. LOL

 

Does it look like Joel and El.. F YEAH

..and if it was any more detailed then they are. They'd make a movie with it.

Smiley Tongue

I am, I will always be..
Linconan
Message 34 of 43 (315 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 4, 2013

Linconan wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:

How much bigger is it than a PS3 game?


Here you go dude.

Night time with the flash sorry, but you get the scale roughly.

DSCF0308.JPG

 


Yeah that's BIG.....but won't be the biddest Tri Force figure in my collection...

 

BL6rN6rCMAAyMJe.jpg



.
Message 35 of 43 (286 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
96 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 4, 2013

Oh..My..

And i thought my 12" one was big, LOL

 

Thats wicked Smiley Happy

I am, I will always be..
Linconan
Message 36 of 43 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Linconan wrote:

Oh..My..

And i thought my 12" one was big, LOL

 

Thats wicked Smiley Happy


aw thanx man. I love the fact it also talks *in Freddy's voice* it says "welcome to my nightmare" and "why won't you die"  (both recorded from that Freddy vs Jason flick.  I was surprise that Freddy is even much bigger than my Aliens Queen action figure.  Smiley Happy



.
Message 37 of 43 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 4, 2013

Linconan wrote:

No problem Smiley Happy

Sorry for the Night shot with the flash though,lol, it's throwing of the levels with light, shadow, depth and angle,lol.

He looks like he's crosseyed, LOL..but no.

 

It's perfect.

 

I'll take some extreme closeups tomorrow if i got time (Mates and State of Origin tomorrow! F YEAH!), under better natural lighting.

*cue austin powers*

"yes,yes,yes..NO, NO"

 

^And yeah, it does look like Joel and El.

Joels face is abit slimmer (depending of angle) and El's looks abit more wider in the cheekbones etc (depending of).

Some people expect lifelike, picture perfect, 100% replica statues..yeah well, that's not gunna happen.

They're statues.

And they're great!

And, they look like as such.Not perfect no, but seriously, this isn't hollywood budget for wax museum. LOL

 

Does it look like Joel and El.. F YEAH

..and if it was any more detailed then they are. They'd make a movie with it.

Smiley Tongue


OWNED.

 

It's possible.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 38 of 43 (265 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
96 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 4, 2013

Some would argue that Johnny Depp looks like a doll in real life though. LOL

 

But seriously, that looks cool!

 

I am, I will always be..
Linconan
Message 39 of 43 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: Recieved My Statue :)

Jun 5, 2013

Linconan wrote:

Oh..My..

And i thought my 12" one was big, LOL

 

 


That's what she said.

sig.png

Message 40 of 43 (198 Views)