Fender Bender
3588 posts

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

May 22, 2013

that reminds me btw, there was this kid, a dutch kid, spoke the same language as me, he sounded very young, he was not one of those rage kids you know who use bad language, it was a nice kid, but he was only 7 years old, and he had a brother of 3 years old, both playing uncharted, so I said to my buddy how parents could allow such things, why let a kid of 3 and 7 play a game in which you kill people and is meant for 15 years or older, but the mother of the kids was listening to me (probably had headset output from the tv) and she took the headset from her son and began raging about what the heck I had to do with how she raised her kids, it ended up being a 15 minute long discussion about how to raise kids, funny stuff Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 50 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

@Yems: Don't ask.  

@Matt: You have resolve. I would of told her a few choice words and muted her. 15 minutes listening to a "I'm a good Mom" speech would of rotted my ear off.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 22 of 50 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 22, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
@eyecue - what are u talking about?

You payed old people to buy a game for you ergo you payed above MSRP!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 23 of 50 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11615 posts

May 22, 2013
^You can't just start something and leave it open. It needs closure. Just spit it out.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 24 of 50 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11615 posts

May 22, 2013
@eyecue - And? A person gotta get games somehow

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 25 of 50 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

May 22, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

I saw that at the EB Games the other day. The boy was like 10-12 years old. 

The Mom went up to the register and asked the boy what game do you want sweetie? 

"Black Ops 2" Easy as that. She didn't even ask about it. That's real parenting.

Wish my parents were like that, it was like an interrogation when I went to get a game. Millions of questions. I just wanted Smash Bros Melee. Animated Violence was too much for my child eyes apparently.  

Oh right. I predict.... 3.5 - 4 million sales. At best.

it's sad that I once was such a kid, my parents wouldn't allow me to buy such games though, but when I was 18 years old, I bought call of duty 5 just to **bleep** them off, and friends told me it was a good game (should have never believed them), I ended up pretending I liked it because I didn't want to feel like I wasted my money, at least I learned from it though to never believe someone else on which games are good, because I have a complete different taste...

it's also sad that this unfortunate event has still burned it's way into my trophy list, wish I could delete it, but I can't, so I tried to get some trophies for it, I completed the single player on veteran (people said that it was pretty hard, so I thought maybe I enjoy the challenge, and even if I'm not into first person shooters I did completed it on veteran pretty easy, sure I died a lot, but I never really got stuck), and I noticed that the zombie mode was pretty fun, so I kept playing that for a while, then I got bored and stopped playing it, and I never intend to buy any first person shooter again, ok, maybe just killzone shadow fall for the nice graphics, and it's probably a lot better than cod Smiley Happy

Lol Matt, you were one of those kids?

(I'm having such a sh*tty time)  *Here comes my friend*  

"WHHOOOOOO! Yeah! Best game ever! I love it"  

(God this sucks).  Shadow Fall does look good though. PS4 in general looks real good.

sadly yes, but I must also blame the fact that I got heavily bullied from 6 years old to 19 years old, I'm currently 23 and it's now over and I have nice friends and stuff, but those times were a nightmare, and if you have in those times only 1 or 2 good friends and they both like call of duty, then of course you want to buy that game too so you can play more with them and feel less lonely when at home, **bleep** times, really **bleep** times, glad it's over though, I learned how to be myself, find friends who like you how you are, so it's a lot better now Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 50 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 22, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Amazon+Free Shipping

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 27 of 50 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

May 22, 2013

I pre-ordered The Last Of Us at EB Games (gamestop) and they never asked to see any ID or have my parents buy it, lol. I'm 16. Though I hope they won't ask for that when I'm actually picking it up...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 28 of 50 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11615 posts

May 22, 2013
@eyecue- When I was under 17? Yeah right...

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 29 of 50 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

May 22, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

I pre-ordered The Last Of Us at EB Games (gamestop) and they never asked to see any ID or have my parents buy it, lol. I'm 16. Though I hope they won't ask for that when I'm actually picking it up...

I doubt they would give up a sale for some stupid guideline following.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 30 of 50 (84 Views)
0 Likes