Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

May 22, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I luckily just turned 18. I remember I tried to pre-order at a Game Stop a month or so before my Birthday. The guy gave me such a hard time. "Sorry, it's just the rules man. If it was up to me.."

What an up-tight establishment.  

Glad it closed down. Smiley Happy

That's really petty. People lost their jobs man. Believe it or not it's pretty hard nowadays to find one.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 11 of 50 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

May 22, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:
Probably around what Uncharted Drake's Fortune did. You have to factor in that this game is rated M and you need a valid ID to purchase it in stores.

kids just bring mom with them to buy it for them, mom knows nothing about games so just buys it so the kid shuts up about it, mom happy, kid happy, everyone happy, except me because I have to play multiplayer matches with kids who don't use their brains, anyway, I'm buying all games for the single player, so it's not really a loss for me...

I once saw a mom buying call of duty for her son, I so wanted to talk her out of it, but I didn't, next time I see it, I'm going to start a chat about it xD

The kid would hate you for the rest of his life. lol

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 12 of 50 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11595 posts

May 22, 2013
I almost never bought games from Gamestop, but when I did, I did it through bribing old guys to buy the game for me. I always get my games from my secret shop. They dont care for ID nor tax.p

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 13 of 50 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 22, 2013

@D: Puberty or **bleep**? Lol. 

Yeah because a bunch of hormonally crazed, confused, voice-cracking teens is alot better than some hyper-active kid. Smiley Tongue

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 14 of 50 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 22, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
I almost never bought games from Gamestop, but when I did, I did it through bribing old guys to buy the game for me. I always get my games from my secret shop. They dont care for ID nor tax.p

Something about this... just isn't right.  

We should get extra security at our retirement homes. Quickly.

Message 15 of 50 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11595 posts

May 22, 2013
^What seems wrong? It's a legitimate business strategy

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 16 of 50 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

May 22, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I saw that at the EB Games the other day. The boy was like 10-12 years old. 

The Mom went up to the register and asked the boy what game do you want sweetie? 

"Black Ops 2" Easy as that. She didn't even ask about it. That's real parenting.

Wish my parents were like that, it was like an interrogation when I went to get a game. Millions of questions. I just wanted Smash Bros Melee. Animated Violence was too much for my child eyes apparently.  

Oh right. I predict.... 3.5 - 4 million sales. At best.

it's sad that I once was such a kid, my parents wouldn't allow me to buy such games though, but when I was 18 years old, I bought call of duty 5 just to **bleep** them off, and friends told me it was a good game (should have never believed them), I ended up pretending I liked it because I didn't want to feel like I wasted my money, at least I learned from it though to never believe someone else on which games are good, because I have a complete different taste...

it's also sad that this unfortunate event has still burned it's way into my trophy list, wish I could delete it, but I can't, so I tried to get some trophies for it, I completed the single player on veteran (people said that it was pretty hard, so I thought maybe I enjoy the challenge, and even if I'm not into first person shooters I did completed it on veteran pretty easy, sure I died a lot, but I never really got stuck), and I noticed that the zombie mode was pretty fun, so I kept playing that for a while, then I got bored and stopped playing it, and I never intend to buy any first person shooter again, ok, maybe just killzone shadow fall for the nice graphics, and it's probably a lot better than cod Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 50 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 22, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Lol you payed above MSRP for games!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 18 of 50 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

I saw that at the EB Games the other day. The boy was like 10-12 years old. 

The Mom went up to the register and asked the boy what game do you want sweetie? 

"Black Ops 2" Easy as that. She didn't even ask about it. That's real parenting.

Wish my parents were like that, it was like an interrogation when I went to get a game. Millions of questions. I just wanted Smash Bros Melee. Animated Violence was too much for my child eyes apparently.  

Oh right. I predict.... 3.5 - 4 million sales. At best.

it's sad that I once was such a kid, my parents wouldn't allow me to buy such games though, but when I was 18 years old, I bought call of duty 5 just to **bleep** them off, and friends told me it was a good game (should have never believed them), I ended up pretending I liked it because I didn't want to feel like I wasted my money, at least I learned from it though to never believe someone else on which games are good, because I have a complete different taste...

it's also sad that this unfortunate event has still burned it's way into my trophy list, wish I could delete it, but I can't, so I tried to get some trophies for it, I completed the single player on veteran (people said that it was pretty hard, so I thought maybe I enjoy the challenge, and even if I'm not into first person shooters I did completed it on veteran pretty easy, sure I died a lot, but I never really got stuck), and I noticed that the zombie mode was pretty fun, so I kept playing that for a while, then I got bored and stopped playing it, and I never intend to buy any first person shooter again, ok, maybe just killzone shadow fall for the nice graphics, and it's probably a lot better than cod Smiley Happy

Lol Matt, you were one of those kids?

(I'm having such a ****** time)  *Here comes my friend*  

"WHHOOOOOO! Yeah! Best game ever! I love it"  

(God this sucks).  Shadow Fall does look good though. PS4 in general looks real good.

Edit: profanity

Message 19 of 50 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11595 posts

May 22, 2013
@eyecue - what are u talking about?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 20 of 50 (99 Views)
0 Likes