Reply
May 22 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11013 posts
Online

Predict the Last of Us sales!

[ Edited ]
49 replies 406 views Edited May 22, 2013

How many copies do you think TLOU will sell within a one year period? Based on the hype and everything, I'll put it at 4 million sales, including downloadable.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 50 (406 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/17/2012
Offline
1747 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

Within 500k and 10 million Smiley Tongue

1



This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 2 of 50 (402 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

May 22, 2013
Probably around what Uncharted Drake's Fortune did. You have to factor in that this game is rated M and you need a valid ID to purchase it in stores.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 3 of 50 (396 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3482 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

May 22, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
Probably around what Uncharted Drake's Fortune did. You have to factor in that this game is rated M and you need a valid ID to purchase it in stores.

kids just bring mom with them to buy it for them, mom knows nothing about games so just buys it so the kid shuts up about it, mom happy, kid happy, everyone happy, except me because I have to play multiplayer matches with kids who don't use their brains, anyway, I'm buying all games for the single player, so it's not really a loss for me...

 

I once saw a mom buying call of duty for her son, I so wanted to talk her out of it, but I didn't, next time I see it, I'm going to start a chat about it xD

Message 4 of 50 (363 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:
Probably around what Uncharted Drake's Fortune did. You have to factor in that this game is rated M and you need a valid ID to purchase it in stores.

kids just bring mom with them to buy it for them, mom knows nothing about games so just buys it so the kid shuts up about it, mom happy, kid happy, everyone happy, except me because I have to play multiplayer matches with kids who don't use their brains, anyway, I'm buying all games for the single player, so it's not really a loss for me...

 

I once saw a mom buying call of duty for her son, I so wanted to talk her out of it, but I didn't, next time I see it, I'm going to start a chat about it xD


It's still going to cut into sales. Not every parent is like your hypothetical one. Nate3963's parents probably wouldn't allow this.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 5 of 50 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

 I saw that at the EB Games the other day. The boy was like 10-12 years old. 

 

The Mom went up to the register and asked the boy what game do you want sweetie? 

 

"Black Ops 2" Easy as that. She didn't even ask about it. That's real parenting.

 

Wish my parents were like that, it was like an interrogation when I went to get a game. Millions of questions. I just wanted Smash Bros Melee. Animated Violence was too much for my child eyes apparently.  

 

Edit: Might I add, I WAS BUYING THE GAME MYSELF. Lol. My Mom still gave me a hard time.

 

Oh right. I predict.... 3.5 - 4 million sales. At best.


Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 6 of 50 (352 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
349 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

May 22, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

 I saw that at the EB Games the other day. The boy was like 10-12 years old. 

 

The Mom went up to the register and asked the boy what game do you want sweetie? 

 

"Black Ops 2" Easy as that. She didn't even ask about it. That's real parenting.

 

Wish my parents were like that, it was like an interrogation when I went to get a game. Millions of questions. I just wanted Smash Bros Melee. Animated Violence was too much for my child eyes apparently.  

 

Oh right. I predict.... 3.5 - 4 million sales. At best.


Same, my mom would ask me thousands of questions right on the spot, it was so embaressing. I'm not 18 yeat, so I'm still planning some way to fish out of it when I go to pick up my copy of TLOU.


Message 7 of 50 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

May 22, 2013

I luckily just turned 18. I remember I tried to pre-order at a Game Stop a month or so before my Birthday. The guy gave me such a hard time. "Sorry, it's just the rules man. If it was up to me.."

 

What an up-tight establishment.  

 

Glad it closed down. Smiley Happy


Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 8 of 50 (331 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

May 22, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:
Probably around what Uncharted Drake's Fortune did. You have to factor in that this game is rated M and you need a valid ID to purchase it in stores.

kids just bring mom with them to buy it for them, mom knows nothing about games so just buys it so the kid shuts up about it, mom happy, kid happy, everyone happy, except me because I have to play multiplayer matches with kids who don't use their brains, anyway, I'm buying all games for the single player, so it's not really a loss for me...

 

I once saw a mom buying call of duty for her son, I so wanted to talk her out of it, but I didn't, next time I see it, I'm going to start a chat about it xD


I used to host a BF3 server and had one of the rules as "no puberty = ban"

 

Worked. lol.

 

relevant to op - I'll predict 5 million. Miiiiiiiiiiillllliiioooooon.

Message 9 of 50 (327 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/17/2013
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

May 22, 2013
Just be honest with her man, I was with my mother & she was kind enough to buy it for me when I was younger. If she says no ask an uncle, aunt, or cousin it shouldn't be that hard.
Message 10 of 50 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes