Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 22 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Host 8258 posts

Predict the Last of Us sales!

[ Edited ]
49 replies 354 views Edited May 22, 2013

How many copies do you think TLOU will sell within a one year period? Based on the hype and everything, I'll put it at 4 million sales, including downloadable.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 50 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Re: Predict the Last of Us sales!

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

Within 500k and 10 million :smileytongue:

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 50 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 22, 2013
Probably around what Uncharted Drake's Fortune did. You have to factor in that this game is rated M and you need a valid ID to purchase it in stores.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 50 (344 Views)
Fender Bender
2841 posts

May 22, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
Probably around what Uncharted Drake's Fortune did. You have to factor in that this game is rated M and you need a valid ID to purchase it in stores.

kids just bring mom with them to buy it for them, mom knows nothing about games so just buys it so the kid shuts up about it, mom happy, kid happy, everyone happy, except me because I have to play multiplayer matches with kids who don't use their brains, anyway, I'm buying all games for the single player, so it's not really a loss for me...

I once saw a mom buying call of duty for her son, I so wanted to talk her out of it, but I didn't, next time I see it, I'm going to start a chat about it xD

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 50 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

kids just bring mom with them to buy it for them, mom knows nothing about games so just buys it so the kid shuts up about it, mom happy, kid happy, everyone happy, except me because I have to play multiplayer matches with kids who don't use their brains, anyway, I'm buying all games for the single player, so it's not really a loss for me...

I once saw a mom buying call of duty for her son, I so wanted to talk her out of it, but I didn't, next time I see it, I'm going to start a chat about it xD

It's still going to cut into sales. Not every parent is like your hypothetical one. Nate3963's parents probably wouldn't allow this.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 50 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

I saw that at the EB Games the other day. The boy was like 10-12 years old. 

The Mom went up to the register and asked the boy what game do you want sweetie? 

"Black Ops 2" Easy as that. She didn't even ask about it. That's real parenting.

Wish my parents were like that, it was like an interrogation when I went to get a game. Millions of questions. I just wanted Smash Bros Melee. Animated Violence was too much for my child eyes apparently.  

Edit: Might I add, I WAS BUYING THE GAME MYSELF. Lol. My Mom still gave me a hard time.

Oh right. I predict.... 3.5 - 4 million sales. At best.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 50 (300 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

May 22, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I saw that at the EB Games the other day. The boy was like 10-12 years old. 

The Mom went up to the register and asked the boy what game do you want sweetie? 

"Black Ops 2" Easy as that. She didn't even ask about it. That's real parenting.

Wish my parents were like that, it was like an interrogation when I went to get a game. Millions of questions. I just wanted Smash Bros Melee. Animated Violence was too much for my child eyes apparently.  

Oh right. I predict.... 3.5 - 4 million sales. At best.

Same, my mom would ask me thousands of questions right on the spot, it was so embaressing. I'm not 18 yeat, so I'm still planning some way to fish out of it when I go to pick up my copy of TLOU.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 50 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 22, 2013

I luckily just turned 18. I remember I tried to pre-order at a Game Stop a month or so before my Birthday. The guy gave me such a hard time. "Sorry, it's just the rules man. If it was up to me.."

What an up-tight establishment.  

Glad it closed down. :smileyhappy:

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 50 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2535 posts

May 22, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

I used to host a BF3 server and had one of the rules as "no puberty = ban"

Worked. lol.

relevant to op - I'll predict 5 million. Miiiiiiiiiiillllliiioooooon.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 50 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 22, 2013
Just be honest with her man, I was with my mother & she was kind enough to buy it for me when I was younger. If she says no ask an uncle, aunt, or cousin it shouldn't be that hard.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 50 (268 Views)
0 Likes