Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14139 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

May 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Darthmaul1309 wrote:

I ordered the post pandemic edition from game stop for 159.99 and I can't wait to get it, and play it, and display that awesome statue.   I do believe it is going to be my game of the year by far.  Naughty dog is my fave developer and they have yet to let me down.  My only complaint is that I see there is a season pass on sale for 19.99.  How come the post pandemic edition that cost over $160 with taxes, come with the season pass?? I have to shell out another 19.99 for the season pass now?? Doesnt seem right to me....


ND is following in EA's footsteps.


Meh, more like it's become and industry standard. 


ND is supposed to be "different" from EA and other greedy companies. Remember?


1) ND are way "greedier" than EA.

 

2) It may take them some time to cacth the amount of milking Capcom do though.


1) Maybe you are right. Temporary DLC (aka tournament tickets/rewards) is probably the WORST form of DLC I've ever seen in my entire gaming career.

2) Don't worry, Eric-ND* used to work at Crapcom until August 2011. Smiley Wink No wonder they started adopting money-grubbing practices since UC3 MP...

 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericmonacelli


LOL. Explains everything.

 

 



Message 11 of 31 (181 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Darthmaul1309 wrote:

I ordered the post pandemic edition from game stop for 159.99 and I can't wait to get it, and play it, and display that awesome statue.   I do believe it is going to be my game of the year by far.  Naughty dog is my fave developer and they have yet to let me down.  My only complaint is that I see there is a season pass on sale for 19.99.  How come the post pandemic edition that cost over $160 with taxes, come with the season pass?? I have to shell out another 19.99 for the season pass now?? Doesnt seem right to me....


*raises hand* because the retail value of the Tri Force Joel & Ellie statue alone is $199, also take into account the game $60 and the 2 dlc packs you get with that edition (approx $40) and you're looking at a total of $300 worth of content for only $160.  The very much optional season pass ($20) is a means to cover the ever-increasing development costs to make games in this HD age, and to keep the retail version of games, at the $60 range.



.
Message 12 of 31 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

May 30, 2013

loakum wrote:

the retail value of the Tri Force Joel & Ellie statue alone is $199


Said who?

I could make a digital turd and claim that its retail value is $4999, just because I said so.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 13 of 31 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

the retail value of the Tri Force Joel & Ellie statue alone is $199


Said who?

I could make a digital turd and claim that its retail value is $4999, just because I said so.


Ohhh....I'm sure your digital turd costing either $4999 or just 2 cents would sale the same amount of copies regardless. anyway, to answer your question, here: http://us.playstation.com/games/the-last-of-us-post-pandemic-edition-gamestop-exclusive-ps3.html



.
Message 14 of 31 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

May 30, 2013

loakum wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

the retail value of the Tri Force Joel & Ellie statue alone is $199


Said who?

I could make a digital turd and claim that its retail value is $4999, just because I said so.


Ohhh....I'm sure your digital turd costing either $4999 or just 2 cents would sale the same amount of copies regardless. anyway, to answer your question, here: http://us.playstation.com/games/the-last-of-us-post-pandemic-edition-gamestop-exclusive-ps3.html


And you completely missed my point... just because someone claims that a product costs $$$$$, it doesn't mean that it's necessarily true.

 

For all I know, it could be a cheap plastic statue made in China and manufactured by 14-year old Chinese workers getting paid $150/month. It's the same thing with Nike shoes made in sweatshops for $4 and sold for $200. Open your eyes and don't be so gullible. Smiley Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 15 of 31 (112 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

the retail value of the Tri Force Joel & Ellie statue alone is $199


Said who?

I could make a digital turd and claim that its retail value is $4999, just because I said so.


Ohhh....I'm sure your digital turd costing either $4999 or just 2 cents would sale the same amount of copies regardless. anyway, to answer your question, here: http://us.playstation.com/games/the-last-of-us-post-pandemic-edition-gamestop-exclusive-ps3.html


And you completely missed my point... just because someone claims that a product costs $$$$$, it doesn't mean that it's necessarily true.

 

For all I know, it could be a cheap plastic statue made in China and manufactured by 14-year old Chinese workers getting paid $150/month. It's the same thing with Nike shoes made in sweatshops for $4 and sold for $200. Open your eyes and don't be so gullible. Smiley Happy


You're obviously unaware about Triforce. Go to their website (project triforce), and then tell me they sale "cheap plastic statues." *sigh*



.
Message 16 of 31 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

May 30, 2013

loakum wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

the retail value of the Tri Force Joel & Ellie statue alone is $199


Said who?

I could make a digital turd and claim that its retail value is $4999, just because I said so.


Ohhh....I'm sure your digital turd costing either $4999 or just 2 cents would sale the same amount of copies regardless. anyway, to answer your question, here: http://us.playstation.com/games/the-last-of-us-post-pandemic-edition-gamestop-exclusive-ps3.html


And you completely missed my point... just because someone claims that a product costs $$$$$, it doesn't mean that it's necessarily true.

 

For all I know, it could be a cheap plastic statue made in China and manufactured by 14-year old Chinese workers getting paid $150/month. It's the same thing with Nike shoes made in sweatshops for $4 and sold for $200. Open your eyes and don't be so gullible. Smiley Happy


You're obviously unaware about Triforce. Go to their website, and then tell me they sale "cheap plastic statues." *sigh*


Are you saying that Triforce manufactures their products in the United States of America? Because most goods these days are made in China.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 17 of 31 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

May 30, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

loakum wrote:

the retail value of the Tri Force Joel & Ellie statue alone is $199


Said who?

I could make a digital turd and claim that its retail value is $4999, just because I said so.


Ohhh....I'm sure your digital turd costing either $4999 or just 2 cents would sale the same amount of copies regardless. anyway, to answer your question, here: http://us.playstation.com/games/the-last-of-us-post-pandemic-edition-gamestop-exclusive-ps3.html


And you completely missed my point... just because someone claims that a product costs $$$$$, it doesn't mean that it's necessarily true.

 

For all I know, it could be a cheap plastic statue made in China and manufactured by 14-year old Chinese workers getting paid $150/month. It's the same thing with Nike shoes made in sweatshops for $4 and sold for $200. Open your eyes and don't be so gullible. Smiley Happy


You're obviously unaware about Triforce. Go to their website, and then tell me they sale "cheap plastic statues." *sigh*


Are you saying that Triforce manufactures their products in the United States of America? Because most goods these days are made in China.


*sigh* allow me to educate you yet again, not evrything produced in China is cheaply made. China is used to produce products because of their very profitable production costs (*cough* sweatshops *cough* ) I've purcahsed models from Triforce before, so it's not me being my lil "gullible" self.

 

BLfR6AqCEAEV-O8.jpgBLfSTupCcAAx5GA.jpg



.
Message 18 of 31 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

May 30, 2013

Yes, you are gullible if you think that a statue is worth $200, especially when a Chinese worker is getting paid $150/month and makes hundreds of statues per month.

I would agree with you only if we were talking about American workers.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 19 of 31 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
Registered: 12/20/2012
Offline
2673 posts
 

Re: Post-pandemic edition...

May 30, 2013
Message 20 of 31 (38 Views)
Reply
0 Likes