Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

Re: Please ND, no Focused Mode in competitive MP

Feb 6, 2013

Personally, I don't care about the multiplayer. 

Message 11 of 12 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Please ND, no Focused Mode in competitive MP

Feb 6, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

cvbxsta wrote:

Personally I think it could work, if done properly

Instead of HUD Radar, you have focus mode. Which fits with the games tone better than an onscreen radar does

And since Focused mode is based solely on sound, it would force methodical tactical play and increase the tension more than a constant radar

Haha radar! Only awful multiplayer games have those. We don't really need a 'replacement' for a radar because that kind of thing doesn't belong in this game anyway.

However, yes, maybe revealing sounds would encourage stealthy playstyles.

I understand what they're trying to do with this system though, which is to try to best incorperate a players footsteps with where they are in the map. We can do this in real life pretty easily, judging vibrations coming from various forms of movement and pin-pointing where exactly they came from. However putting your ear on a wall or on the ground and seeing a batman style view of where the enemy is, eh, I'm not sure how much I'd like that in MP. I'd rather hear footsteps, or a gun shot, and travel towards that direction, and hunt from there. Instead of immediately knowing where that guy is because I can see through walls. MP can encourage stealthy playstyles without this mechanic IMO.

Agreed.

Message 12 of 12 (51 Views)
0 Likes