Feb 04 2013
By: calcunnon Treasure Hunter 5546 posts

Please ND, no Focused Mode in competitive MP

11 replies 293 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

This sounds like another Situational Awareness waiting to happen. Please don't include it. Being able to see enemy locations through terrain ruins a multiplayer. Don't let it happen.

Message 1 of 12 (293 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Please ND, no Focused Mode in competitive MP

Feb 4, 2013

I really don't think ND would be stupid enough to implement another SA variant. And especially not in this kind of game

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 2 of 12 (286 Views)
Sackboy
354 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I'm pretty sure it will make its way into the MP.  ND always finds a way to screw their stuff up. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 3 of 12 (279 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 4, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it will make its way into the MP.  ND always finds a way to screw their stuff up. 

^ This.

Let's be realists: ND loves casuals and their money. Majority = casuals.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 4 of 12 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5546 posts

Feb 4, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

harrisj16 wrote:

^ This.

Let's be realists: ND loves casuals and their money. Majority = casuals.

They certainly do. They love those people that spend the occasional hour or two every month on their multiplayer. Key demographic.

Message 5 of 12 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Personally I think it could work, if done properly

Instead of HUD Radar, you have focus mode. Which fits with the games tone better than an onscreen radar does

And since Focused mode is based solely on sound, it would force methodical tactical play and increase the tension more than a constant radar

Now preferably the competitive multiplayer is more about realistic survival and lack of supplie like single player and not a generic deathmatchs

Message 6 of 12 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2394 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Hardcore survival playlists is what this game mp neeeds. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 7 of 12 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5546 posts

Feb 4, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:

Instead of HUD Radar, you have focus mode. Which fits with the games tone better than an onscreen radar does

And since Focused mode is based solely on sound, it would force methodical tactical play and increase the tension more than a constant radar

Haha radar! Only awful multiplayer games have those. We don't really need a 'replacement' for a radar because that kind of thing doesn't belong in this game anyway.

However, yes, maybe revealing sounds would encourage stealthy playstyles.

Message 8 of 12 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 4, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

cvbxsta wrote:

Haha radar! Only awful multiplayer games have those. We don't really need a 'replacement' for a radar because that kind of thing doesn't belong in this game anyway.

However, yes, maybe revealing sounds would encourage stealthy playstyles.

I understand what they're trying to do with this system though, which is to try to best incorperate a players footsteps with where they are in the map. We can do this in real life pretty easily, judging vibrations coming from various forms of movement and pin-pointing where exactly they came from. However putting your ear on a wall or on the ground and seeing a batman style view of where the enemy is, eh, I'm not sure how much I'd like that in MP. I'd rather hear footsteps, or a gun shot, and travel towards that direction, and hunt from there. Instead of immediately knowing where that guy is because I can see through walls. MP can encourage stealthy playstyles without this mechanic IMO.

Message 9 of 12 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Feb 6, 2013
you know there's that one booster that is over powered c:
Message 10 of 12 (131 Views)
0 Likes