Reply
Jan 24 2013
By: NoRoomForTheSane First Son 15 posts
Offline

Please Do's for MP

7 replies 237 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

   While the "Please Do Not's" thread does have some posting about what they want, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where you could flesh out more about what you DO want instead of what you do not, e.g. multiplayer modes, character types, level of customization,weapon types/limits, ect. 

   For me, I would love to see a competitive MP mode with two teams facing off on a map, but with respawning Clickers being thrown into the fray as well, forcing players to be more tactical and careful about their attacks

Message 1 of 8 (237 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/02/2012
Offline
14 posts
 

Re: Please Do's for MP

Jan 24, 2013
But would adding a respawn-type game to a *survival* shooter really make much since?
Message 2 of 8 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11897 posts
 

Re: Please Do's for MP

Jan 24, 2013
Not everything has to be no respawn. If we had objective playlists, we need respawns to an extent. Fun needs to part of the experience and it's not fun to look at someone camping in a corner, waiting to respawn.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 8 (217 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5547 posts
 

Re: Please Do's for MP

Jan 24, 2013

Mattotastic wrote:
But would adding a respawn-type game to a *survival* shooter really make much since?

 

Personally, I'd love each mode to be no-respawn-only, but realistically, most gamers aren't going to buy in to that. I want players to be encouraged to play with a survival mindset, and so a good compromise could be to make respawn times quite long, like 30 seconds or something. Poeple would be less likely to run around like maniacs, and plan their strategy properly.

Message 4 of 8 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/18/2012
Offline
258 posts
 

Re: Please Do's for MP

Jan 24, 2013

     Like I said before, a small enclosure where everyone fends for themselves/teams up surviving against eachother and map hazards. The main goal would to be get a car/helicopter/boat or be the last one standing. No respawn on this mode until the match is over.

     To solve the problem everyone seems to be on the fence about, just have in the match options "respawn" or "no respawn".

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 5 of 8 (193 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Please Do's for MP

Jan 24, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

Mattotastic wrote:
But would adding a respawn-type game to a *survival* shooter really make much since?

 

Personally, I'd love each mode to be no-respawn-only, but realistically, most gamers aren't going to buy in to that. I want players to be encouraged to play with a survival mindset, and so a good compromise could be to make respawn times quite long, like 30 seconds or something. Poeple would be less likely to run around like maniacs, and plan their strategy properly.


Or perhaps, depending on the game mode, make the re-spawns objective based. If you die while your team is accomplishing a mission, you can't respawn until your teammates finish that mission.

 

Message 6 of 8 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5547 posts
 

Re: Please Do's for MP

Jan 24, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

Mattotastic wrote:
But would adding a respawn-type game to a *survival* shooter really make much since?

 

Personally, I'd love each mode to be no-respawn-only, but realistically, most gamers aren't going to buy in to that. I want players to be encouraged to play with a survival mindset, and so a good compromise could be to make respawn times quite long, like 30 seconds or something. Poeple would be less likely to run around like maniacs, and plan their strategy properly.


Or perhaps, depending on the game mode, make the re-spawns objective based. If you die while your team is accomplishing a mission, you can't respawn until your teammates finish that mission.

 


Respawning dependant on teamwork! That's a sick idea, I love it.

 

Message 7 of 8 (185 Views)
First Son
Registered: 01/22/2013
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: Please Do's for MP

Jan 25, 2013

My main thing for a survival mode is I would want the hazards (bandits, clickers, military, ect.) to have a respawn themselves. This would make it so you couldn't just go out and kill all the A.I. enemies off first to make it easier. Maybe an uneasy alliance mode as well, where you dont get points for kills, but are instead working as a team to reach a certain objective. The hitch being that only one person can win, so at some point you will have to betray your team. The trick of the game would be to figure out when to betray them and try to do it before they betray you so that you can be the one to win. It would be even better if there were no weapons, so you had to try to lure people away to kill them so you weren't over powered by the rest.

Message 8 of 8 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes