Feb 03 2013
By: xKakashi209x Lombax Warrior 97 posts

Pandemic edition just how limited?

14 replies 321 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

I'm starting to wonder now if its truly limited and having seconds thoughts of just picking it up in the future for a lower price and get the SE one instead. Can you change your pre order to SE edition instead? 

photo TLOU1_zpsd19d635d.jpg
Message 1 of 15 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Re: Pandemic edition just how limited?

Feb 3, 2013
You're never going to get that at a lower price. You'll only be able to get it on eBay for much more than retail price. Get it now whilst you can.
Message 2 of 15 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I agree. The art book will be available far after release. You can get it off amazon anytime after the game is release. Once post pandemic is release and it's gone, ebay's gonna skyrocket. Get it while you can. You can trust the statue will be amazin. Have you seen Triforce's Arkham City and Gears Of War collectibles? They're amazing.

Message 3 of 15 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Actually I haven't seen the statue for those games. It's one of my biggest issues if the statue doesn't live up to it. I'll check it out though.
 photo TLOU1_zpsd19d635d.jpg
Message 4 of 15 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 3, 2013

They're amazing. There's a batman glove with batarang. FOR $750. $160 IS A STEAL FOR A TRIFORCE PRODUCT

Message 5 of 15 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
78 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Unfortunately Triforce did the Max Payne 3 Statue. It is not good. It's not only lousy and very waxy looking, but it doesn't even look like Max which is why I'm worried about Ellie. She does not look right from the picture we've seen.

Message 6 of 15 (264 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 4, 2013

When you zoom in on her face it's just pixels. The image is too low res to see the fine details so can't properly judge yet. Remember Max Payne 3 statue is only worth about $20. This is worth $200

Message 7 of 15 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Well the MP statue is "worth" whatever someone is willing to pay which may be $20 now, but sold separately at release it would never retail for only $20. I was trying to check but couldn't find any details if the Max Payne statue was ever available separately, other than a youtube video that said it was available separately for 60 pounds. I couldn't actually find any evidence of that though so I don't know what it's stand alone retail price was.

Regardless I hope you are right but fear you are wrong. This is easily my most wanted game of the year and I really hope they don't screw this up. I'll love the game no matter what but I hope I'll be able to feel the same about the statue.

Message 8 of 15 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

tommy7154 wrote:

Unfortunately Triforce did the Max Payne 3 Statue. It is not good. It's not only lousy and very waxy looking, but it doesn't even look like Max which is why I'm worried about Ellie. She does not look right from the picture we've seen.

I have the mp3 CE and I just learned from your comment they were made by triforce. Kinda surprised and worried by it actually because the max's statue is pretty bad, but the platform he is standing on is pretty good quality.. if its worth mentioning. They made the Gears of war statue included in the epic edition and that one looks pretty darn good.

I don't know how limited its going to be but Gears of war epic edition (w/ statue made by Proj triforce) is still available and actually is discounted in some retailers now. The difference between that and the TLOU PPE is that the PPe is retailer exclusive. They might produce PPe in excess but your odds of getting it lower than MSRP is pretty slim. It can get sold out before GS decides to drop its price.

+============================================================+
Message 9 of 15 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I totally agree with calcunnon, on ebay it's being sold start from $300-500. So it's better get it now than get it later for double or triple the price.
Message 10 of 15 (181 Views)
0 Likes