https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 841 of 857 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Re: *Join The Cause!* The Last of Us Censorship Compared! [NSFW]

Jul 6, 2014

It's time to revive this thread because REMASTERED version is gold and due in a few weeks.. BUT, does anyone know if it's UNCENSORED for EU this time around or will we get screwed again?

Canon 1Ds
Message 842 of 857 (642 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Jul 6, 2014

bent_toe wrote:

It's time to revive this thread because REMASTERED version is gold and due in a few weeks.. BUT, does anyone know if it's UNCENSORED for EU this time around or will we get screwed again?

Don't expect ND to tell you the truth. Here's why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_(public_relations)#Techniques

Just order the NA version and ignore SCEE: http://www.play-asia.com/the-last-of-us-remastered-paOS-13-49-en-70-7ojd.html

Message 843 of 857 (637 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 18, 2014

I was wondering since I live in Europe, and made US account to preorder TLOU Remastered digitially. Ofcourse censorship and price difference was a big factor, but does that mean that I will be stuck playing against other US players, or I can play with players from EU despite having different  version of the game? I'm curios if the servers are region free or locked?

Message 844 of 857 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2119 posts

Jul 18, 2014

Zmajebani wrote:

I was wondering since I live in Europe, and made US account to preorder TLOU Remastered digitially. Ofcourse censorship and price difference was a big factor, but does that mean that I will be stuck playing against other US players, or I can play with players from EU despite having different  version of the game? I'm curios if the servers are region free or locked?

a US account doesn't restrict you to playing matches with just players from there. You'll still be finding EU players.

Message 845 of 857 (515 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2014
Can I clarify this for future purchases.. If I buy a US copy of a game on PS4 (any future game) can I straight away play it on a UK account or do I have to play it on a US account?

I would have bought TLOU remastered if they had switched up the AI gameplay on SP meaning you would have to learn new ways through the game. A graphic update only on an already graphically beautiful game isn't worth a rebuy to me.
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: *PS4 Version Censored Too!* The Last of Us Censorship Compared! [NSFW]

Jul 29, 2014
Hey everyone. Guess who's back Smiley Happy
Seems PS4 version is censored too.
Check out thread post for details.
Message 847 of 857 (423 Views)
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jul 29, 2014

bialy0021 wrote:

lets say some state in US had a strict censorship laws and because of that scea decided to release a censored version in the whole US because its less hassle... yeah, you get the picture.

No.  Not really the same at all.  But it's a nice try.

They simply wouldn't sell the game in that state.

We had this entire conversation in the months after the game came out.  Nothing has changed.

If you're outside the US, if you have bought the game anyway, then they really don't give a **bleep** about your opinion, do they?

Get the **bleep** over it.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 848 of 857 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Jul 29, 2014

Ramify wrote:

Welcome back Ramify. Perfect timing for TLOU Remastered.

I've ordered the NTSC disc version this time around. I can't wait to play the game how the developers intended it be played. This censorship ruling is once again beyond a joke. 

Reading your OP again brought back lots of good memories.  Good work in bringing some stuff to light and at least trying to make a difference... endure and survive.

Message 849 of 857 (392 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 30, 2014

AST2008 wrote:

Ramify wrote:

Welcome back Ramify. Perfect timing for TLOU Remastered.

I've ordered the NTSC disc version this time around. I can't wait to play the game how the developers intended it be played. This censorship ruling is once again beyond a joke. 

Reading your OP again brought back lots of good memories.  Good work in bringing some stuff to light and at least trying to make a difference... endure and survive.

Thanks AST2008! I really appreciate your encouragement  Smiley Happy

Enjoy your uncensored copy.

Message 850 of 857 (345 Views)
0 Likes