Monster Hunter
43 posts

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 16, 2012

It isn't i saw it aswell and its just stopped before the blood actually flies in the air so it looks like its his head coming off.

Bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider, GTA5,Watch Dogs,Dead space 3...2013= the year of no girlfriends
Message 81 of 136 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Lol!! My OP was deleted!!! Too much offensive language.. Too funny
Message 82 of 136 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 20, 2012

waablammmo wrote:
Lol!! My OP was deleted!!! Too much offensive language.. Too funny

WAAAAAAABLLLAAAAMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hey buddy. Smiley Happy

Message 83 of 136 (330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 20, 2012

The colors make me happy...

Message 84 of 136 (309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 21, 2012

gta 5 or gta v

the year of no girl freinds  cool idea

Message 85 of 136 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2503 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2012

the language doesn't bother me. it's the graphic violence that puts this off my buy list. I don't need to see heads bursting in graphic detail. that's one of the things I loved about the UC universe. basically non graphic. there are already a billion graphic games on the market. Rare to find one that isn't. that's a niche.. it's a pity they're selling out this way to be just like everyone else.  it's better to be a special snowflake then a sheep in a herd.

as to the language being realistic for a touch post apocalyptic world.. Actually I am not sure of that. I highly doubt it actually. Tribalistic society tends to be more conformist than the one we are in now. odds are religions would be far more adhered to as they were in the 1800s and earlier. there might be violence. Probably would be. But the swearing if present would be dififerent than we know it and probably Less widely used than now.

People use shock words because there isn't much going on. It's really a sign of comfort and boredom. In a world full of harsh realities and desperate survilalism it's far more likely that people would lean towards gentleness as an offset for their reality (violent). So the high swear content is probably not realistic for that sort of situation. I don't really care about swearing personally. As I said gore is what I can't handle. If they have a gore toggle I migth consider this title... but I don't have hopes up.

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 86 of 136 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I would like to say something off topic to the "mature debate" Although I do agree it has very strong language with all them f-bombs but it is a Apocalyptic world and if I was in Joel shoes when a crazy wild man came running at me with a shovel I'd probably yell something harsh to. =/ So it is kinda realistic.

So anyway I just wanna say I'm pretty sure there is alot of blood in the game but thats not the most graphic as seen in trailers joel is being forced into some glass, drowned in a tank of water, and the infected, not sure about the humeys but they got there arms/legs/hands blown off by a explosion on the VGA trailer. So, I think the blood is the least of mature content in this game. Plus yea, the guy did NOT lose his head by the shotgun blast HOWEVER (and in my opinion more intense) There was a very large graphic hole left in his jaw area. Somewhat like the bandit he shot threw the roof of the head that throws the Molotov. Yea that's all.

Message 87 of 136 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I am very much looking forward to this. Regardless of the language or gore.  Naughty Dog never fails to deliver.

Message 88 of 136 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Well just like mostly everybody else has said. Using the F word expresses your emotion's a lot more clearly then any other word in the English langue mainly because it is shunned upon. It's the end of the world. Just maybe 100 people live. So I believe that the use of the F word is required.

But oldman have you ever seen the movie Saturday Night Fever with John Travolta? Since your 50 I'm going to say you have and that movie had EXCESSIVE f bombs but I don't recall anybody complaining about it, or saying their not going to watch it for the reason.

ND wants to make a mature game and get appeal to a wider crowd of fans. So they make a lot more mature and graphic game.

Other example. When Heavy Rain was about to be released. Everybody said that the game had excessive nudity, plus a "rape" scene. A lot of people said they wasn't going to ever buy it from just the hearsay. Which the game turned out to be one of the BEST put together games that was aimed at a very mature crowd and one of the best storyline's I have ever played in a game.

So if you want to be one of these people and live in the closest and want to deprive yourself of possible one of the best video games every. Go for it. But don't try and get other people to jump the fence with you and make them lose out on it.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 89 of 136 (175 Views)
Naughty Paw
11914 posts

Jan 29, 2013
The last thing people are going to be worried about during an apocalypse is swearing.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 90 of 136 (164 Views)