Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Jul 14, 2012
Option 1: don't buy the game
Option 2: buy the game, plug in some headphones so that you can't subject your family to swear words but still subject them to murder and violence, as it seems you're happy to do.
Option 3: shut up.
Message 21 of 136 (662 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jul 15, 2012
Hey don't drag religion into this. This is a game forum. Not the Bible thread.
Message 22 of 136 (622 Views)
Wastelander
638 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Okay so from what we've seen so far, it does seem like profanity is overused. Maybe. Think about it, if you were fighting for your life against those zombie-like things every day of your life, you or anyone else probably wouldn't care what or how much profanity is being said. Atleast I know that I wouldnt. lol

Message 23 of 136 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10994 posts

Jul 16, 2012

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 24 of 136 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jul 16, 2012

I think some profanity is okay. Well, not okay, but I tolerate it, at least. But with the amount of profanity that Naughty Dog is putting in this game, it's like they're putting it in for profanity's sake. Like, they're trying to be cool or something, but actually I think it sounds like a complete joke and is a lame substitue for good script writing. With the E3 trailer, it's like sometimes they used the F word for every word of the sentence. It's so much realistic profanity that it becomes unrealistic.

They used a language filter (and violence filter as well), on Call of Duty Black Ops. And I enjoyed the game much more than I thought I would because of that. The least Naughty Dog could do is add a language filter. Just silence the profanity, like in Call of Duty. A simple enough task for a boost in sales.

And it makes me laugh that the people who are defending the strong language on this game so far sound like a bunch of 12-14 year olds. And trust me, I've seen many different personalities on the internet over the last 13 years, I know what a 12-14 year old sounds like on the internet.

Message 25 of 136 (577 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Perhaps people are acting in such a way that you perceive as childish because they are so bewildered as to why someone would get offended by language but not by graphic violence. In most peoples eyes, murder and brutality is far more disturbing than cuss words. And so people are acting dismissive (what you are mistaking for childish) because this is really a ridiculous complaint.

But good effort on the Internet psychology there, pops.
Message 26 of 136 (570 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jul 17, 2012

calcunnon wrote:
Perhaps people are acting in such a way that you perceive as childish because they are so bewildered as to why someone would get offended by language but not by graphic violence. In most peoples eyes, murder and brutality is far more disturbing than cuss words. And so people are acting dismissive (what you are mistaking for childish) because this is really a ridiculous complaint.

But good effort on the Internet psychology there, pops.

There is no reason to be rude we're all on this forum together so we all might as well get along. Anyway, I'll tell you why people can be offended by language but not graphic violence. It's because they are two separate things one is physical the other is mental, simple as that. I have a friend who curses like a sailor but he's squeamish so can't watch, hear, or see blood because he'll literally throw up. It's all personal preference. Just because some people think profanity and graphic violence is fine and dandy doesn't mean it's fine for everyone else. That's why some people ask for a language filter, violence filter, or even both.

Message 27 of 136 (558 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Jul 17, 2012
I wasn't being rude.

I guess people have the right to find swearing more offensive than violence.

And everyone else has the right to find that f*cking ridiculous.
Message 28 of 136 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I really think people need to re-evaluate what is offensive. People cuss in stressfull life threatening situations and that is a fact. If you don't want to hear it don't buy the game. I am sure they wont change it because you think the language is abusive. Yes violence and language are two different things but seriously which one is more offensive? I guess that question depends on if you value human life or not.  Besides I think the OP was just trolling anyway.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 29 of 136 (514 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Jul 17, 2012
I don't know about you guys but I've never gone to the cinema to watch a Certificate 18 movie and requested that they bleep out all the swear words. I kind of expect a lot of swearing when I pay for a movie of that certificate.
Message 30 of 136 (501 Views)
0 Likes