Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

I've heard this complaint about video games a lot more than "violence" these days. Seriously. And I don't disagree with it. You people have a valid point/complaint.

I remember back when "Mortal Kombat" came with a option to turn the blood and fatalities off.
This generation (and the next) should give an option for people who don't want to hear the wordy-dirds coming out of the character's mouths. Put in a censor option (funny bleeps or just muted) that blocks out any curse words they say.

That way people who want to experience these great stories/games can do so, without having their ears filled with excessive bad language.

Also, to all the people who keep bringing up "you're okay with violence/not okay with cussing?" arguement..

You do know the game is not all about killing, right? ND has already said that there are plenty of ways to play it.

And that in many situations, you can sneak and avoid killing.

So.. I guess we can see who all plans on going on a massacre, right? hahaha

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 121 of 136 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Feb 13, 2013
It seems as though the people against the swearing and violence keep making awful arguments for their reasoning.
Message 122 of 136 (292 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Its because they are all 11 and their perents wont let them play 18's.

You probably have nothing better to do than finish reading my sig....
Message 123 of 136 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Guys, check out the Uncharted 3 Harlem Shake Remix we did dedicated to The Last Of Us!

Message 124 of 136 (256 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Feb 14, 2013

What happens when there's a violent book you want to read? Do you e-mial the author demanding a childrens version? I can't believe some people live such sheltered lives...

Message 125 of 136 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Cbrezzy that Harlem Shake tribute is excellent, haha
Message 126 of 136 (241 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Feb 16, 2013
If you are an adult and you can't take cursing then you have serious issues. It's hilarious how society can make an certain sound that we create with our voice "bad", no matter how we say it.
Message 127 of 136 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Indeed, you are truely sissy among sissies. For that I may laugh at your emborasment you brought upon yourself. Sadly this isn't hand written letter. So, you can't fold it up and put away back in your purse next to your tampons.
Message 128 of 136 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:
Indeed, you are truely sissy among sissies. For that I may laugh at your emborasment you brought upon yourself. Sadly this isn't hand written letter. So, you can't fold it up and put away back in your purse next to your tampons.

If the OP is in fact legit, and not trolling. I don't see what they have to be embarrassed about. It is a reasonable suggestion.
If somebody wants a censored option in a game for bleeps and green blood, just so they can experience the story without the excessive swearing/realistic gore, I think it's awesome. It means they want to play the game in spite of those things.

Unlike those people who will buy TLOU/think it's cool because of those things.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 129 of 136 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

LET THIS THEAD DIE ALREADY!!

And don't say I just bumped it myself, because I didn't, it was on the top of the front page already -_-

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 130 of 136 (126 Views)
0 Likes