Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/21/2012
Offline
185 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 2, 2012

mario507 wrote:

A-Likely-Story wrote:

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:
That type of language is nothing but verbal defecation used by those not having the education or brain cells to speak proper English.

That is, without doubt, one of the most ignortant and ludicrous statements I have read in a long time. I have no motivation to rebut such a sentiment; its absurdity speaks entirely for itself.

 

But, quickly, I will say the words that constitute this "verbal defecation" are all definitive words in the English language, and thus are, in fact, as you say ,"proper English." Guess you'll just have to go create a new language, one free of such filth. That way, your ears may never again behold such excrement, and our ears must never again be a receptacle for yours. Win-win!

 


  He was just giving an opinion, there was absolutely no reason to be disrespectful like that. What are you trying to prove? That you're a close-minded, ignorant **bleep** that can't take another opinion besides your own? Well you're doing a scintillating good job right now. Now I could give billions of reasons why a language filter is only beneficial, and everyone in the game saying the f-bomb every millisecond is superfluous. I'm not going to bother though since your so narrow-minded.

 

  


What?! An opinion??? That guy just claimed that an entire group of people are uneducated because they curse, which is, without a doubt, one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

 

 

Message 71 of 136 (419 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 05/04/2010
Offline
2480 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 2, 2012

mario507 wrote:

A-Likely-Story wrote:

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:
That type of language is nothing but verbal defecation used by those not having the education or brain cells to speak proper English.

That is, without doubt, one of the most ignortant and ludicrous statements I have read in a long time. I have no motivation to rebut such a sentiment; its absurdity speaks entirely for itself.

 

But, quickly, I will say the words that constitute this "verbal defecation" are all definitive words in the English language, and thus are, in fact, as you say ,"proper English." Guess you'll just have to go create a new language, one free of such filth. That way, your ears may never again behold such excrement, and our ears must never again be a receptacle for yours. Win-win!

 


  He was just giving an opinion, there was absolutely no reason to be disrespectful like that. What are you trying to prove? That you're a close-minded, ignorant **bleep** that can't take another opinion besides your own? Well you're doing a scintillating good job right now. Now I could give billions of reasons why a language filter is only beneficial, and everyone in the game saying the f-bomb every millisecond is superfluous. I'm not going to bother though since your so narrow-minded.

 

  


It's not an opinion when you state things that really aren't true, is it?

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 72 of 136 (416 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 07/22/2012
Offline
55 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

mario507 wrote:

A-Likely-Story wrote:

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:
That type of language is nothing but verbal defecation used by those not having the education or brain cells to speak proper English.

That is, without doubt, one of the most ignortant and ludicrous statements I have read in a long time. I have no motivation to rebut such a sentiment; its absurdity speaks entirely for itself.

 

But, quickly, I will say the words that constitute this "verbal defecation" are all definitive words in the English language, and thus are, in fact, as you say ,"proper English." Guess you'll just have to go create a new language, one free of such filth. That way, your ears may never again behold such excrement, and our ears must never again be a receptacle for yours. Win-win!

 


  He was just giving an opinion, there was absolutely no reason to be disrespectful like that. What are you trying to prove? That you're a close-minded, ignorant **bleep** that can't take another opinion besides your own? Well you're doing a scintillating good job right now. Now I could give billions of reasons why a language filter is only beneficial, and everyone in the game saying the f-bomb every millisecond is superfluous. I'm not going to bother though since your so narrow-minded.

 

  


He claims an entire huge group of people lack brain cells because they use a few words that he doesn't, and then you have the audacity to call me a "close-minded, ignorant **bleep**" without providing so much as a single example of me displaying such behavior, and I'm the disrespectful one?

 

Do tell, what reasonings for a language filter still hold up? This entire thread is filled with legitimate counterarguments, none of which I have seen rebutted by anything but "I don't like mean words so ND should waste time on this feature for me."

Message 73 of 136 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/28/2009
Offline
153 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 3, 2012

A-Likely-Story wrote:

mario507 wrote:

A-Likely-Story wrote:

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:
That type of language is nothing but verbal defecation used by those not having the education or brain cells to speak proper English.

That is, without doubt, one of the most ignortant and ludicrous statements I have read in a long time. I have no motivation to rebut such a sentiment; its absurdity speaks entirely for itself.

 

But, quickly, I will say the words that constitute this "verbal defecation" are all definitive words in the English language, and thus are, in fact, as you say ,"proper English." Guess you'll just have to go create a new language, one free of such filth. That way, your ears may never again behold such excrement, and our ears must never again be a receptacle for yours. Win-win!

 


  He was just giving an opinion, there was absolutely no reason to be disrespectful like that. What are you trying to prove? That you're a close-minded, ignorant **bleep** that can't take another opinion besides your own? Well you're doing a scintillating good job right now. Now I could give billions of reasons why a language filter is only beneficial, and everyone in the game saying the f-bomb every millisecond is superfluous. I'm not going to bother though since your so narrow-minded.

 

  


He claims an entire huge group of people lack brain cells because they use a few words that he doesn't, and then you have the audacity to call me a "close-minded, ignorant **bleep**" without providing so much as a single example of me displaying such behavior, and I'm the disrespectful one?

 

Do tell, what reasonings for a language filter still hold up? This entire thread is filled with legitimate counterarguments, none of which I have seen rebutted by anything but "I don't like mean words so ND should waste time on this feature for me."


  First off, I want to apologize for my earlier post. I admit I was being a bit too harsh. I promise I'll be more civilized from now on. I also want to clear things up with me saying about SOUTHBAMADUDE's post, I was mentioning hist first post being an opinion. He has the right to disagree with the "filthy language." 

 

 

  Anyway, I honestly can't give a reason that Naughty Dog MUSTS or ABSOLUTELY NEEDS to put in a language filter. But I also don't see why Naughty Dog SHOULD NEVER or MUST NOT either. If you think that a language filter is a waste of time, fantastic, more power to you. But  do respect those that have different views on the subject at hand. Everyone has different standards when it comes to cursing. Some think it's OK and others not so much. If that wasn't then case this thread wouldn't exist. It doesn't make them children, wusses, or needing to face reality. A language filter would only beneficial, it would not detract from the gameplay experience. There is no solid release day yet so it's not like they have no time left to do so.

 

 

 

  

Message 74 of 136 (365 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 07/22/2012
Offline
55 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

mario507 wrote:

A-Likely-Story wrote:

mario507 wrote:

A-Likely-Story wrote:

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:
That type of language is nothing but verbal defecation used by those not having the education or brain cells to speak proper English.

That is, without doubt, one of the most ignortant and ludicrous statements I have read in a long time. I have no motivation to rebut such a sentiment; its absurdity speaks entirely for itself.

 

But, quickly, I will say the words that constitute this "verbal defecation" are all definitive words in the English language, and thus are, in fact, as you say ,"proper English." Guess you'll just have to go create a new language, one free of such filth. That way, your ears may never again behold such excrement, and our ears must never again be a receptacle for yours. Win-win!

 


  He was just giving an opinion, there was absolutely no reason to be disrespectful like that. What are you trying to prove? That you're a close-minded, ignorant **bleep** that can't take another opinion besides your own? Well you're doing a scintillating good job right now. Now I could give billions of reasons why a language filter is only beneficial, and everyone in the game saying the f-bomb every millisecond is superfluous. I'm not going to bother though since your so narrow-minded.

 

  


He claims an entire huge group of people lack brain cells because they use a few words that he doesn't, and then you have the audacity to call me a "close-minded, ignorant **bleep**" without providing so much as a single example of me displaying such behavior, and I'm the disrespectful one?

 

Do tell, what reasonings for a language filter still hold up? This entire thread is filled with legitimate counterarguments, none of which I have seen rebutted by anything but "I don't like mean words so ND should waste time on this feature for me."


  First off, I want to apologize for my earlier post. I admit I was being a bit too harsh. I promise I'll be more civilized from now on. I also want to clear things up with me saying about SOUTHBAMADUDE's post, I was mentioning hist first post being an opinion. He has the right to disagree with the "filthy language." 

 

 

  Anyway, I honestly can't give a reason that Naughty Dog MUSTS or ABSOLUTELY NEEDS to put in a language filter. But I also don't see why Naughty Dog SHOULD NEVER or MUST NOT either. If you think that a language filter is a waste of time, fantastic, more power to you. But  do respect those that have different views on the subject at hand. Everyone has different standards when it comes to cursing. Some think it's OK and others not so much. If that wasn't then case this thread wouldn't exist. It doesn't make them children, wusses, or needing to face reality. A language filter would only beneficial, it would not detract from the gameplay experience. There is no solid release day yet so it's not like they have no time left to do so.  


Apology accepted. Not often you find that on a message board, so respect.

 

I understand that he has the right to disagree with the language, but others also have the right to disagree with his opinion. Some posters on both sides crossed the line, though.

 

Having said that, I don't care how other people live their lives, nor would I care if ND actually did add in a language filter. My whole point is that (assuming there is, in fact, no language filter already), it's a bit of an absurd request to ask for one for a multitude of reasons, many which can be found in this thread. I am honestly still dumbfounded at the request itself...I've never, ever seen an outcry for such censorship in a game, and it baffles me even more considering this is a game that is clearly meant for a mature audience.

 

Also, even though I'm no game developer, just because there's no set release date (as far as we the fans know) that doesn't mean ND isn't pressed for time. I'd bet they have some sort of internal goal, or at least a timeframe in which they're aiming to release TLOU. Even if they don't, there could be a number of factors that have them on a pretty tight schedule (e.g., pressure from higher-ups in the company or fans, fiscal considerations, the desire to just get the game out there to the players). A language filter would be beneficial to some players, yes, but would it be beneficial to the developers themselves? Very, very unlikely.

Message 75 of 136 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5547 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 3, 2012
As A-Likely-Story has mentioned before, the costs and resources involved with making a filter wouldn't be worth it for them. They'd have to re-record most of the voice overs, as well as reproduce the cutscene animations to time them properly with the new voice work.

The cost and time involved would be astronomical, it certainly wouldn't be worth it. If they haven't made a filter already, I can guarantee they aren't going to.
Message 76 of 136 (342 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 5, 2012

I love popping in here just to see how this particular thread is going.... never a dissapointment Smiley Wink

Message 77 of 136 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/04/2010
Offline
2480 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 5, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

I love popping in here just to see how this particular thread is going.... never a dissapointment Smiley Wink


You son of a...

 

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 78 of 136 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Offline
1934 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 5, 2012

SOUTHBAMADUDE wrote:
That type of language is nothing but verbal defecation used by those not having the education or brain cells to speak proper English. Personally I prefer not to have someone defecate in my ear. But, if that's what you love, then have at it.

 

You're almost acting like everyone is very intellectual on this planet, where do you live? In your basement? This planet is filled with idiots that swear, kill, steal, r@pe etc.. etc.. that's what human beings do. Welcome to the real world kid. If you can't handle that it's your problem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 79 of 136 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 12/15/2012
Offline
43 posts
 

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Dec 16, 2012

Injuries do realistically show up. Joel hits a guy in the face and one half of his face splurts blood everywhere. Joel also gets punched in the face and gets a big nosebleed.

Bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider, GTA5,Watch Dogs,Dead space 3...2013= the year of no girlfriends
Message 80 of 136 (215 Views)
0 Likes