Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Oct 2, 2012
A-Likely-Story has given the best response to those saying they want a censorship toggle. It's hard to believe some people don't understand just how much work these kinds of details are.
Message 51 of 136 (575 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 16, 2012

All i have to say is why do people hate content filters. IT NOT AFFECTING YOU. PERIOD.

Message 52 of 136 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Oct 16, 2012
Yeah it is. It's been explained many times. Language filters are a huge amount of work and implementing them will either delay the release of the game or cause ND to sacrifice something else in the game.
Message 53 of 136 (490 Views)
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

Message 54 of 136 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1836 posts

Oct 22, 2012

loves_videogames wrote:

All i have to say is why do people hate content filters. IT NOT AFFECTING YOU. PERIOD.

It doesn't affect any of us directly. But it does affect the game which indirectly affects us because it takes up space, it's also complete BS why people would want a content filter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 55 of 136 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Here's the thing with this argument.

1. Saying that's the kind of language that would exist in a post-apocolyptic world is dumb. It could possibily not exist anymore after a generation or 2. It depends on who survives and who does not. Just because someone is a rough and tough person doesn't mean they swear a lot (those I'll admit most do).

2. The swearing doesn't really add to the game imo. Really, I think it's ND's attempt at thining out younger players  that plague CoD (which is also M-rated...look how well that workds ND). They are probably doing this because the story is more mature and they want players to understand the story and not just try to check out Ellie the entire game.

Now I say that the swearing doesn't add to the game because it doesn't. Period. Look at RE5, another Zombie shooter of recent, and there are on 2 F-bombs that I can remember and not a lot of swearing. That game sold pretty well and people are still playing it (or RE6 now)

What about GoW2 on 360. This game has a TON of swearing...but it never drew me into the game. I was just moving from place to place feeling down because locusts were around and I had to kill 'em. The swearing was only there because the studio thought it would make the marines/Gears sound more human since they were of a military background. In my opinion, they should have saved that money and invested it somewhere else in the game. The characters are still the same characters without the F-bombs. It's a game, not a movie. This isn't something you hire a babysitter for and go out and see one night. You get a game like this and play it in your own home with children around. Just because you are Mature and maybe the swearing doesn't bother you so much doesn't mean you want it in your house. 

Only a fool and a terrible parent would be ok with their child running around spouting the language in this game. Game companies should be taking this into accound when creating games. Games like TLOU cuts off not just younger games, but older gamers, married gamers, parent gamers...not all of course, but a percentage from each group is exiled from these games that they may wish to play because they actually have morals they are trying to teach their kids.

That's how I see it. 

The Old Republic = Every great game Sony never released...and did.
Message 56 of 136 (350 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Nov 15, 2012

WOW, my daughter said I needed to go back and read from my post, I was shocked at all the comments. Well, I thought I would add this in too.

I changed my mind (NOT) I’ll buy the game with no filter, play it on my surround sound and when my daughter has her friends over they can hear all the F-bombs, then I’ll invite them in to watch the graphics then her friends can go home and tell their parents what they heard and if they don’t like it they can keep their kid from being friends with mine. Yep, that’s what I’ll do, I’ll be just like you, INCONCIDERATE, DISRESPECTFULL and INTOLLERANT of those that don’t THINK, ACT, or SPEAK like you. And when my wife has her friends and their kids (9-10) over I can invite them in to hear the language and maybe they’ll even play the game with me (NOT). Then I can be even more like you and make fun of people too that work  at having a better environment at home than what we deal with in everyday life. Really guys …. Honestly … how would a filter option change your experience in the game? … It wouldn’t. And when is the best time to make suggestions on the game? …. When they’re making it of course … therefore I made my suggestion, it’s not like I asked to remove the language or graphics totally,( Although, I believe ND could make a best seller without it) and as far as expense goes, they’ll make plenty of money on this game with or without a filter. Say whatever you want , I still won’t buy it without a filter...... Have A Happy Day ;~)

Message 57 of 136 (325 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Seriously ? Your 50 years old , grow up. 

Its a survival of the fittest game. Zombies are trying to kill you, the last thing ppl are worried about is saying "excuse my french" Hopefully NaughtyDog ignores this topic & continues what they do best.

Message 58 of 136 (318 Views)
Fender Bender
3541 posts

Nov 15, 2012

OLDMAN543210 wrote:

WOW, my daughter said I needed to go back and read from my post, I was shocked at all the comments. Well, I thought I would add this in too.

I changed my mind (NOT) I’ll buy the game with no filter, play it on my surround sound and when my daughter has her friends over they can hear all the F-bombs, then I’ll invite them in to watch the graphics then her friends can go home and tell their parents what they heard and if they don’t like it they can keep their kid from being friends with mine. Yep, that’s what I’ll do, I’ll be just like you, INCONCIDERATE, DISRESPECTFULL and INTOLLERANT of those that don’t THINK, ACT, or SPEAK like you. And when my wife has her friends and their kids (9-10) over I can invite them in to hear the language and maybe they’ll even play the game with me (NOT). Then I can be even more like you and make fun of people too that work  at having a better environment at home than what we deal with in everyday life. Really guys …. Honestly … how would a filter option change your experience in the game? … It wouldn’t. And when is the best time to make suggestions on the game? …. When they’re making it of course … therefore I made my suggestion, it’s not like I asked to remove the language or graphics totally,( Although, I believe ND could make a best seller without it) and as far as expense goes, they’ll make plenty of money on this game with or without a filter. Say whatever you want , I still won’t buy it without a filter...... Have A Happy Day ;~)

As said before, it would take up time and effort that could have been made to make the game more stable technically (or other things), which I would rate is more important than having clean language. (What would the point be of having a game with a language filter, but freezes constantly?)
Do you feel me?

Message 59 of 136 (313 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Nov 15, 2012
What's it matter to you, it's not like you know when it's coming out anyway. Besides it will probably get delayed for other reasons. This gives them something to work on in another front other than polishing the graphics/etc.

OLDMAN is right though, people who don't get it simply don't understand that some families don't live the same way their's do and that ND has gone from semi-Teen games to UC series and now it's like they want to be like so many other studios who just produce a gritty game with pop culture in it hoping people will buy it. ND is better than this and they need to wake up. This game will NOT sell as well as UC with this language. Even if it's really good, they are locking players out of the game and it's only going to hurt them in the end.
The Old Republic = Every great game Sony never released...and did.
Message 60 of 136 (306 Views)