Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 11 2012
By: OLDMAN543210 First Son 12 posts

OMG .... Abusive language

135 replies 2586 views Edited Jul 11, 2012

“OMG”

The profanity in this next game is abusive, after watching the trailer I’m afraid I have contracted a disease, it’s called “macular degeneration of the Gluteus maximus”, in English …. That means …. I just can’t see my butt paying to have that kind of language coming into my home. As good as the graphic are and the story may be, the language is way too much so I won’t be adding this game to my collection. I’ve read some of the other post, and if that kind of language is the world you live in I feel sorry for you, but it’s not the world I or most mature adults live in. And as a 50 yr old man, the excessive language is not a sign of maturity, it’s abusive. And the people asking for a filter, surely they see it as to much also. ND, you guys do excellent work, but why would you use this excessive language then put a mature rating on for just the “mature” adult to buy it but have a 14 yr old girl as a main character? Mmmmmmmm …little strange if ya ask me …. But keep up the good work, ill just have to pass on this game if there’s no filter.

Message 1 of 136 (2,586 Views)
Sackboy
562 posts

Re: OMG .... Abusive language

Jul 11, 2012

Indeed.

I understand, but please not the language isn't really senseless. Back in your time, this might not have been as common, but it is now, and if we are in this post apocolyptic enviornment, where every day you fight just to live another day, there would be lanugage. I do support a filter though. Please not, even without all the language, this game would still be rated M. It has blood splater. For some reason if any blood comes out slpattering on floors or wall ,or such, it gets an M rating. This game might have gore too.

Some people think at then end of the E3 demo his head get's blown off, but it doesn't. So it may not have gore. A lot of blood comes out, but his head isn't blown off. But I do think I saw a bullet hole in joel's stomach.

Message 2 of 136 (2,568 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jul 11, 2012
The strong language is there because these characters live in a lawless, harsh world without scruples. ND aren't just throwing it in to ramp up the age classification of the game - its because that's probably how the post-apocalyptic world would be.
Message 3 of 136 (2,560 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

The strong language is part of this world where humanity has been decimated. Only the toughest of the thoughest can survive in this world. It's only realistic. 

Btw most people don't get offended by this language at all. Especially not in a game.

Not buying this game simply because of the word f*ck is just stupid. I'm sorry but it is. 

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 4 of 136 (2,550 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Jul 11, 2012

I think that offensive language is overused these days in video games. It appears as though developers think that if they talk like us we'll relate to the characters for example, we probably would scream all the profanities under the sun if we had been shot in the stomach, but there are plenty of great, relatable characters who don't swear when they're in trouble. That isn't the only way to relate us to characters. I understand the overusage of swearing as part of character development, but when it gets to the stage that every character is speaking with offensive language it's just too much. It adds nothing to the story.

That being said, it DOES add a touch of realism when it isn't overused, and I don't think too many people will be offended. I wouldn't be, I swear like a sailor when I'm mad. Who doesn't? :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 136 (2,545 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Jul 12, 2012

So...you guys have no problem with a man having his skull brutally blown off form a shotgun but a couple of f bombs is where you draw the line?

Message 6 of 136 (2,503 Views)
Sackboy
562 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Sigh.... I'm pretty sure his head isn't blown off. I've ran that part in slow motion, a lot of blood splatters on the floor, but I'm pretty sure his head isn't blown off.

Message 7 of 136 (2,496 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Sigh.... I'm pretty sure his head isn't blown off. I've ran that part in slow motion, a lot of blood splatters on the floor, but I'm pretty sure his head isn't blown off.

Trust me.

Message 8 of 136 (2,495 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Jul 12, 2012

OLDMAN543210 wrote:

“OMG”

The profanity in this next game is abusive, after watching the trailer I’m afraid I have contracted a disease, it’s called “macular degeneration of the Gluteus maximus”, in English …. That means …. I just can’t see my butt paying to have that kind of language coming into my home. As good as the graphic are and the story may be, the language is way too much so I won’t be adding this game to my collection. I’ve read some of the other post, and if that kind of language is the world you live in I feel sorry for you, but it’s not the world I or most mature adults live in. And as a 50 yr old man, the excessive language is not a sign of maturity, it’s abusive. And the people asking for a filter, surely they see it as to much also. ND, you guys do excellent work, but why would you use this excessive language then put a mature rating on for just the “mature” adult to buy it but have a 14 yr old girl as a main character? Mmmmmmmm …little strange if ya ask me …. But keep up the good work, ill just have to pass on this game if there’s no filter.

ILL BUY THE GAME IF I CAN MERCILESSLY BLOW PEOPLES HEADS OFF WITH A SHOTGUN, BURN THEM TO DEATH WITH A MOLOTOV COCKTAIL, AND RUN THEM DOWN WITH CARS, BUT IF IT HAS ANY SWEARING IN IT THEN I DEFINITELY NOT BE BUYING IT.

THAT'S NOT SOMETHING A MATURE ADULT LIKE ME WOULD PLAY

Message 9 of 136 (2,473 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jul 13, 2012

The whole arguement where " You don't don't like to hear language but you like to see a guy get his head blown off" is completely stupid. Profanity and intense violence are two different things and are treated as such. A friend of mine cusses like a sailor ,but he's squeamish so he can't watch movies or play games with guts spilling out everywhere. No, profanity doesn't make any game realistic, it's childish and superfluous. So I guess games like GTA 4 are SUPER realistic especially when someone spouts the F-bomb just when you bump into someone?

Message 10 of 136 (2,436 Views)