Oct 13 2012
By: stentryk Survivor 2480 posts

No release date at NY CC? Really?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 349 views Edited Oct 13, 2012

*sigh* Naughty Dog... You didn't say at it at E3 - the biggest media event of the year! - You didn't say it at gamescom - the biggest gaming event of the year - you didn't say it at San Diego Comic Con and you didn't say it at New York Comic Con.

How can you NOT announce the release date at all these events? It's been almost a year since the game was announced!

I'm getting tired of the same information told over and over again, how bullets are scarce, how the power of balance works, how the AI works...

Just tell us. Just do it. No more clues, no more riddles, no more games, just tell us.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 1 of 10 (349 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Re: No release date at NY CC? Really?

Oct 13, 2012

stentryk wrote:

*sigh* Naughty Dog... You didn't say at it at E3 - the biggest media event of the year! - You didn't say it at gamescom - the biggest gaming event of the year - you didn't say it at San Diego Comic Con and you didn't say it at New York Comic Con.

How can you NOT announce the release date at all these events? It's been almost a year since the game was announced!

I'm getting tired of the same information told over and over again, how bullets are scarce, how the power of balance works, how the AI works...

Just tell us. Just do it. No more clues, no more riddles, no more games, just tell us.

I totally agree. I don't understand their logic. It will be a year this December since the debut trailer and we still don't know a release date or MP news. We also still don't know anything about the infected. I don't know when theyr'e planning on revealing this stuff. I'm tired of the same old crap they say in every gaming convention. Yeah, yeah, we get that it takes 20 years after a pandemic, Ellie and Joel are the main characters, nature has retaken the cities, the balance of power, etc. ND, tell us the real news people want to hear.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5545 posts

Oct 13, 2012
It'll likely be because they don't know yet.

They set a release date for U3 and had to rush it out, and we all know the end result of that.

I'd rather they took all the time they need to design and develop it to a great standard than release an unfinished product.

But yeah, I am as excited and impatient for it as you guys are Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10 (323 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Don't listen to this guy ND, take your time.

ND announced the release date for UC3 too soon and that's why UC3 was rushed. I don't want them to repeat the same mistakes and I think they don't want to either.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 4 of 10 (314 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5545 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Kudos for repeating what I said! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Why is it such a big deal to people to have a concrete release date so far in advance? You know the game is coming, and you want it to be as great as it can be, so why bother? Would you rather Naughty Dog give you some target date way in advance, one that it's quite possible they won't make, and then be disappointed (or even angry) when they miss it, or a solid date that they know they'll make because they waited until the proper time to tell you?

Message 6 of 10 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

The Last Guardian

Message 7 of 10 (266 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1406 posts

Oct 14, 2012

They know the game has massive hype, so there isn't a need to tell you a firm date as of yet. Don't worry yourself with it anyway. The game won't be out until at least March 2013 or so. They don't wanna put all their eggs in one basket I would assume.

Gaming died with the PS2
Gaming in 2016 is a casual scrub's dream
Thank you for ruining a once great hobby
Message 8 of 10 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Please, Naughty Dog, take your time. Make this game as big and awesome as you can Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 10 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Oct 15, 2012
If I had to guess, I'd say we'll get a multiplayer trailer with a release date announcement at the VGA's. Naughty Dog has a history of making big announcements at the VGA's.
Message 10 of 10 (206 Views)
0 Likes