Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/28/2013
Offline
167 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jul 3, 2013

xKakashi209x wrote:

I trust ND with a sequel and it can answer a lot of questions left un answered. Just imagine what they can do with ps4. 


Maybe feature of this game lies in the fact that questions remain without answers?

Message 61 of 97 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/25/2013
Offline
150 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

VideoGameCzar wrote:

If you're like me, Lets tell the fine folks over at ND to leave this game alone. I'm sick of seeing un-needed sequels and this game doesn't need one and I will say this until I'm blue in the face!

 

 

I plan to post this on as many forums as I can...Some one, some where will have to see it.

 

 

@NoSequelForTLOU


Hear, hear!

Ok so the first thing i thought after the ending of the game is that the story ended here and there should be no more ONLY for ONE reason: We feel whatever we feel about this whole game (or experience more likely), because of it's conclusion. Not only because of the way it ended, but because it ended. I feel like i lost something after it ended like my best friends...


That's the power of the game. That power will be stripped if ever a sequel is released for it. Here's a simple test to prove it:

 

1. Imagine knowing that no sequel will ever be released. EVER........EVER. What do you feel? Think about what you feel, write it down, i don't care. Get into this feeling.*

 

 

 

*feel the power of the game now?!

 

WAIT before continuing...are you feeling it? Are you sure? Continue.

 

2. Imagine knowing that a sequel will be released. What do you feel?**

 

 

 

**that power of the same game that gave you this deep, satisfying feeling is starting to fade because we hope for something else-the sequel. If the sequel sucks, then goodbye The Last of Us series, goodbye first game, goodbye literature in gaming! If the sequel is better...Smiley Surprised my new deity will be Naughty Dog and i'll have a statue of a dog in my bedroom, with candles lit and pray to it and sacrifice lambs...

But i think a sequel that powerful is nearly impossible to make.

 

But really VideoGameCzar...in Naughty Dog don't we trust?!Smiley Wink

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 62 of 97 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jul 3, 2013

I COMPLETELY agree. This game is a masterpiece--absolutely no need to make a sequel.

 

Here's where I come down on this--IF ND does decide to make a sequel...It CANNOT feature Joel OR Ellie. Those characters are done.

 

Instead, ND could tell any one of the thousands of other stories before the 20 years after the infection. Hell, they could make a game about 40 years after the infection, or make a game about one of the smaller characters we already met.

 

TL;DR: Making another game with Joel, OR Ellie, would be an absolute travesty.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 63 of 97 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/28/2013
Offline
167 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

HpVale

Personally at this moment I feel first option, that game will be never continued, but it's allows me to live with dreams, and represent both Ellie and Joel live peacefully together in Jackson city. Both Joel and Tommy talk to each other in the evenings on the porch, looking at how Ellie learns to play guitar, while sitting under a large tree.

 

I mean ENOUGH of pain and suffering for Ellie and Joel! They deserve to be happy.

Message 64 of 97 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/25/2013
Offline
150 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jul 3, 2013

Zev_zevr wrote:

HpVale

Personally at this moment I feel first option, that game will be never continued, but it's allows me to live with dreams, and represent both Ellie and Joel live peacefully together in Jackson city. Both Joel and Tommy talk to each other in the evenings on the porch, looking at how Ellie learns to play guitar, while sitting under a large tree.

 

I mean ENOUGH of pain and suffering for Ellie and Joel! They deserve to be happy.


Totally agree! The ending lets us dream on!. Imagine what life is for them.

We gotta be strong, gotta be strong and say NO TO SEQUEL!

 

3v25cz.jpg

 

But i really can't help myself. I know what's best for this game - TO BE LEFT ALONE

And i know what is best for me (and probably many others too) - SEQUEL WITH ELLIE AND JOEL

You know what? I might just go Joel-ish style, selfish style and say make a sequel. I can't sacrifice you right now!

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 65 of 97 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/28/2013
Offline
167 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Sequel with Ellie and Joel, means more pain and tests for Ellie and Joel. I'd like to see a sequel with different characters (Tommy's story for example, maybe after Joel and Ellie left Jackson city, a new adventure starts for Tommy?) So game will start in fall, and ends at summer (maybe we will see Ellie and Joel again in Jackson city in summer) Well, I guess you understand what kind of sequel I want.

Message 66 of 97 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/25/2013
Offline
150 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jul 3, 2013

Zev_zevr wrote:

Sequel with Ellie and Joel, means more pain and tests for Ellie and Joel. I'd like to see a sequel with different characters (Tommy's story for example, maybe after Joel and Ellie left Jackson city, a new adventure starts for Tommy?) So game will start in fall, and ends at summer (maybe we will see Ellie and Joel again in Jackson city in summer) Well, I guess you understand what kind of sequel I want.


Yep i get it!...I just want my two best friends back because they are the ones i lost...

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 67 of 97 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/01/2013
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jul 3, 2013

HPVale wrote:

Zev_zevr wrote:

Sequel with Ellie and Joel, means more pain and tests for Ellie and Joel. I'd like to see a sequel with different characters (Tommy's story for example, maybe after Joel and Ellie left Jackson city, a new adventure starts for Tommy?) So game will start in fall, and ends at summer (maybe we will see Ellie and Joel again in Jackson city in summer) Well, I guess you understand what kind of sequel I want.


Yep i get it!...I just want my two best friends back because they are the ones i lost...


Strange, very strange, when I played, I feared that one of them will die, but they are alive, are both alive, but why do I have the feeling that I lost them?

Message 68 of 97 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/08/2009
Offline
322 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jul 3, 2013

I disagree. Has Naughty Dog ever deliver something that was "dissapointing?" Each sequel improves on the last. Just look at the jump from Uncharted 1 to 2. If they can do that with The Last of Us, I'd LOVE a sequel.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 69 of 97 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/28/2013
Offline
61 posts
 

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jul 3, 2013

I think it needs to have a second game. The story ended like it needed more. It would be good anyways, come on Naughty Dog made uncharted 3!

Message 70 of 97 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes