Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: No Sequel For The Last of Us!

Jun 24, 2013

I meant not JUST on PS4 i meant also for PS3 i dont plan on getting a PS4 anytime soon  so thats all I meant and im sure more people feel the same

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 97 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 3, 2013
How can they not do a sequel on Ellie and Joel. It finished on a heartbreaking lie. About everything Ellie believed in. There are so many things ND can go off. Who's to say all the fireflies are dead. In the game you only need to kill 1 of the surgeons to save her from her op. don't forget Marlene was like Ellie's mother. The combination of these things could make an amazing sequel that involves Ellie learning about Joel's lie and he's past.

This is only one way they can go off how TLOU ended. But it must involve Ellie and Joel. They cannot let are last memories of Joel and Ellie being a lie. She must find out about it and they must somehow pull through it so they know how much they mean to each other.
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 97 (166 Views)
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

Well, this game could have a sequel. But, I am uncertain if we could get as emotionally attached to the character/characters if they were some other than Joel and Ellie. Of course, we would also somewhat know what to expect if they were Joel and Ellie in a possible sequel.

My idea for sequel? Maybe something like what I posted in another thread, which I will copy paste from it to this post. It would remove most complaints of "why Joel/Ellie isn't in sequel" or "why do you use Joel and Ellie again". But it could be a cliché, I am not sure, so you guys can tell me if it is a (major) cliché.

Joel and Ellie arrive to Tommy's town.

Tommy and Maria greet Joel and Ellie and Tommy and Joel share a brotherly hug. Everything seems fine until 1 week later, Joel starts to receive flashbacks about some parts during the 20 year gap, some of the major events we've heard of. We could be able to play in these parts as Joel. It might begin to affect Joel's psyche, to experience such dramatic events in his life again, in his sleep.

We could be able to play e.g. when Joel was a hunter and when Joel/Tommy had a disagreement. The gameplay with the present is more like filler gameplay this time, and is not in major role this time, but we would still have Ellie which people would probably like.

But the question remains, will Joel be able to overcome his past traumas to live happily in the present with his new "daughter", Ellie? And will Ellie forgive his lies, if she truly found out?

Probably the most cliché thing you can think of, but hey. I would like your opinion. 

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 97 (160 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jul 3, 2013
O cmon. So your telling me if in 3 years at e3 they showed off next gen tlou2 with Joel and ellie you wouldn't be excited?
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 97 (149 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Jul 3, 2013

You have an opinon but others do too, and if they want a sequel they are allowed to make threads and comments on threads about them. If ND happen to make a sequel just don't buy it and don't play it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The worlds been hard on us…hard on him. Joel’s done some terrible things. He tells me that on this journey, you either hang on to your morals and die, or do whatever it takes to survive.”
— Ellie (The Last of Us)
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 97 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 3, 2013

VideoGameCzar wrote:

If you're like me, Lets tell the fine folks over at ND to leave this game alone. I'm sick of seeing un-needed sequels and this game doesn't need one and I will say this until I'm blue in the face!

I plan to post this on as many forums as I can...Some one, some where will have to see it.

@NoSequelForTLOU

Well, it's right thoughts, maybe. One part of myself agree with you (story is over Ellie and Joel deserved the rest), and one part of myself disagree with you. (Oh... I miss you Ellieeeeee!!!  And Joel.)

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 97 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Honestly Im sure Naughty Dog will make a sequel of this game with Troy and Ashley still the main characters. There most likley going to throw in some other characters which would be just fine for me but I can deffinetly see another part in Joels and Ellies journey.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 97 (139 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Skaggz1 wrote:

Honestly Im sure Naughty Dog will make a sequel of this game with Troy and Ashley still the main characters. There most likley going to throw in some other characters which would be just fine for me but I can deffinetly see another part in Joels and Ellies journey.

Troy and Ashley???

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 97 (132 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Zev_zevr wrote:

Skaggz1 wrote:

Troy and Ashley???

The names of the actors.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 97 (126 Views)
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I trust ND with a sequel and it can answer a lot of questions left un answered. Just imagine what they can do with ps4. 

photo TLOU1_zpsd19d635d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 97 (111 Views)