01/15 8:33am - Updated w/ 4th and 5th post and links added. And Neil Druckmann's twitter response.
Link to the thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503482 (Secretarial Dog's post are at pg 14 onwards) Thanks EDSTA713 !
... that Joel was first called Ethan in the process of writing the script of TLOU? After a meeting with the other team from Naughty Dog Amy Hennig noticed that Ethan & Ellie sounds like Nathan & Elena, so they changed Ethans name.
... that there are no traditional Boss fights. More like Boss-similar fights.
... that there are no day-night changes.
... that there will be a New+ Game.
... there is no skill tree or leveling in Singleplayer but maybe somewhere else.
... that the cordyceps virus are human exclusive and are not effecting animals in order to keep the wilderness.
- the journey of Joel & Ellie leads towards San Francisco
- the military quarantine is called "The Zone"
- you can interact with doors
- Quicktime Events are going to be in cutscenes
- the opponents are also detecting sounds that do not come from us. So if you for example shut off the radio in a deserted fast food, you could alert enemies nearby the dinner.
- scars, flaws and scratches are realistically represented on the enemy in an a battle.
Can we confirm this info?? I mean, is it legit? More curious than doubtful btw.
I think what it means is that there is no day-night cycle, though events/segments will still indeed take places at all different times of day.
eh, I'm already content that the qte cutscene is your reward animation while the main challenge is in approaching the enemy in the first place.
Chaos Theory was pretty good about this, where you could look under doors, open them slowly or bash them in and knock people out behind them.
I can't wait for this game... Keep feeding us more information. Pretty please!
- the Cordyceps-Virus is not an abstruse experiment by the US Government which has been transformed then into a catastrophe.
- story about Joel & Ellie begins and ends in TLOU no matter if they life or die. If a sequel to this game is provided, it will happen without Joel & Ellie.
- you can dodge strokes from enemies in Gameplay and counter with a stroke to the stomach or distribute an uppercut. All this happens not in fast paced Uncharted style moves.
- you can only kill the infected aka clickers if you shoot them with guns or set traps and of course run/hide and seek to get away from them. You can not kill them with your fists, or the knife, bricks, sticks or whatever material in your hands.
- you have to forage for food.
- you can snipe with the Mosin-Nagant.
- first weapons Joel & Ellie start with in the campagne are
the revolver and a flick knife, just like shown in the first trailer
- cutscenes are created by a team who previously worked on Michael Bays movie Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
Wait, what? Why would they outsource their in-engine cutscenes? Don't they have dedicated teams whose entire jobs is to create them at ND?
How does it happen then?
Originally Posted by Secretarial Dog:
Like I posted earlier, Quicktime Events are only presented in cutscenes. An actual example from the Game: Some enemie trashes you trough a window. Image gets blurry, Joel is looking for something to serve as a weapon. He sees a shard of glass from the window, a Quicktime Event prompts up and if you press at the right time, Joel would ram it down the enemies throat. This is how Quicktime Event works in TLOU.
I think it was confirmed once that the player can initiate stealth/crouching, (that it isn't entirely dependent on context like it is in Uncharted) but can you confirm this?
Sounds cool, the more interactive the world the better! I'm note so sure what to think about the clickers, I mean why can't you melee them? Soo, if this informations true that means the Mosin is comfirmed right? QTE's in cutscenes may not be so bad, but if it's like AC3 QTE when you fight an animal I'm going to be dissapointed.
On an unrelated note, I'm still dissapointed that the choke hold in the extended demo was the same as the one in the E3 demo gameplay.
what happens if you choose not to do the QTE ? Does joel die or an alternate scene plays out.
I know in space ace (laser disc game) you had different options in which to do instead of only one option like in dragons lair.
So it takes guns to kill the Infected?! Hmm, that really doesn't make sense I mean they are regular people. If someone gets infected with the virus you can still kill them by breaking their head open with a brick or an axe. It's just the way it goes. Destroy the brain, you destroy the host. As far as the QTE's go, I'm glad they will only be in the cutscenes. I just suck a getting them right. Also, Mosin Nagant?! Meh, I can do without. I'm hoping they are better weapons than that.
Guys, Neil Druckmann, creative director, has largely dismissed this info: "'It's some old info from a GI podcast we did a year ago. Some of the points in that thread are false though (QTE cutscenes???)." https://mobile.twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/291043928499691521
Not all of it. Only the QTE's in cutscenes. Here is the link to the thread for those who want it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503482&page=14
But he said that most of the Info has come from a GI podcast last year. I remember him talking about new game plus, but I dont think he said anything about how to kill the Infected, or day-night cycle etc. Here's the link: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2012/03/01/special-edition-podcast-the-last-of-us.asp...
I had already heard the podcast back then and decided to make a little segment on my TLOU YouTube channel. I didn't hear them say how to kill them neither.