Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Re: Network Pass Confirmed.

May 23, 2013
Dude I am in this for the SP!! MP is just a bonus!! How many of us are saying the SP looks ok but MP should be killer?! Not many !!
Message 41 of 53 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

May 23, 2013
And co-op in this game like SP would be killer!!
Message 42 of 53 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

May 23, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

Who cares? If you like the the game, than support the people who make the **bleep** game and buy it new.

XBox One needs you.

XBox One needs a lot of things my friend. Care to elaborate why it needs me?

Message 43 of 53 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

May 23, 2013

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

Who cares? If you like the the game, than support the people who make the **bleep** game and buy it new.

XBox One needs you.

XBox One needs a lot of things my friend. Care to elaborate why it needs me?

Because Microsoft have technically blocked used games.

well.. You have to buy the game.. Twice in theory. You buy it from the store, technically your buying a case and a disc that do nothing until you pay Microsoft some money.

Message 44 of 53 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Is Microsoft the only vidoegame campany that gets hurt by used game sales? I'm pretty sure Sony would have done the same thing if it didn't anticipate all the backlash. I just don't get why it's so blasphemous that people who work on something for years get paid for it.

Message 45 of 53 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3516 posts

May 24, 2013

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

Is Microsoft the only vidoegame campany that gets hurt by used game sales? I'm pretty sure Sony would have done the same thing if it didn't anticipate all the backlash. I just don't get why it's so blasphemous that people who work on something for years get paid for it.

because you can sell anything you used except games, if I buy a movie I can sell it, if I buy a cd I can sell it, but if I buy a game, I can't, sure they lose a lot of money because of it, but I blame the developers themselves, if they make quality games I won't sell them after I played them, Naughty Dog's games are awesome, I will always want to play them again after I finished them, so I keep them and won't sell them, but if you give me a not so awesome game, I will get rid of it after I finished it, or if I know before I buy the game that it's not so good, I will buy it used, it's that simple...

and I am not really against blocking used games, but more by the means that they block them, for instance I have not much against online passes, because online passes are usually for the multiplayer, and for multiplayer you should have an internet connection anyway, but with the xbox one, you need an internet connection to verify if your game is not a used game, and that's nonsense, so I understand that if you buy a game used, you have to put down an additional 10 bucks for an online pass if you want to play multiplayer, which is fine by me, but with the xbox one, you have to pay the full price again plus the price for the fact that you bhought your game used, that's insane, also I can't even let my friends play my games, while with an online pass I can, you exchange games for the single player anyway, not for the multiplayer, so again online passes aren't the problem, and the last problem with the xbox one, you can't even play your game on all accounts on your own console, because the game is connected to your account, so if your brother or sister or parents have their own accounts, and they all like the game, you have to buy 4 copy's, lovely!

Message 46 of 53 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

May 24, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:
you can't even play your game on all accounts on your own console, because the game is connected to your account

On the bright side, this measure could curb alt abuse in MP games.

Yeah, I despise alts for many reasons...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 47 of 53 (155 Views)
Naughty Paw
11469 posts

May 24, 2013
^That's what I loved about MGO. Each console had only one account and one character

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 48 of 53 (149 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

While I can actually afford to buy whatever I want in terms of games...

Blocking used games simply should not happen. It's BS.

Some people simply cannot afford to be buying new games every few weeks, on top of that. I very rarely buy anything used, but sometimes you can't find what you want new so you have no option.

Imagine the year is 2020... You want to buy games for your old XBOX One.. Um.. yeah thats going to be expensive when it really shouldn't be for what will be a redundant console more than likely by that time. even if it isn't i'm sure the point is there.

I had to buy Black Ops 2 used... It wasn't an option new.. It wasn't in any of the stores I went to new.

Network Passes and Online Passes are just as bad though.. Especially on old games which have a severe lack of players. If they are going to do that they should disable it after a certain amount of time.

Message 49 of 53 (113 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

May 25, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Network Passes and Online Passes are just as bad though.. Especially on old games which have a severe lack of players. If they are going to do that they should disable it after a certain amount of time.

Agreed. Mortal Kombat did that.

You could also say that F2P negated the online pass, since you can play Competitive games and even get the Thrillseeker trophy for free.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 50 of 53 (88 Views)
0 Likes