Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 15, 2013

tomtix wrote:

I gotta agree with the OP mostly, I was expecting Joel to be in the DLC.

Even though they said "New character", I still had my hopes up that the DLC will take place after Joel's loss of his daughter, maybe a few weeks after and you play as someone else observing Joel's actions such as maybe Joel did an attempt to suicide as Joel did very brielfy hinted int he story. But nope! No new characters though which was odd on ND's part.

 

However, all i can hope is that this story DLC will be emontional on maybe a level just under Joel and Ellie's bond.

Besides, this may be the last chance we see Ellie if ND doesn't make a seqeuel for Ellie and Joel (I be mad if no LOU 2 in two years with Joel teaching ellie to swin. That was the next LOU game should be about, teaching ellie how to swim).


Aw, I'm already in the corner to cry about this you wrote eventually the next 13 days we have to wait for the PS4.

Anyway, if there will come a The Last Of Us 2 without Ellie and Joel of corse i won't buy it. Even if it's get a masterpiece.

I need to know more about them and only them. Riley is as interesting as a bag of rice in china for me. Sorry!

 

/cry on mode

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 11 of 50 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/13/2010
Offline
165 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

kleen_nexi wrote:

tomtix wrote:

I gotta agree with the OP mostly, I was expecting Joel to be in the DLC.

Even though they said "New character", I still had my hopes up that the DLC will take place after Joel's loss of his daughter, maybe a few weeks after and you play as someone else observing Joel's actions such as maybe Joel did an attempt to suicide as Joel did very briefly hinted into he story. But nope! No new characters though which was odd on ND's part.

 

However, all i can hope is that this story DLC will be emontional on maybe a level just under Joel and Ellie's bond.

Besides, this may be the last chance we see Ellie if ND doesn't make a sequel for Ellie and Joel (I be mad if no LOU 2 in two years with Joel teaching ellie to swin. That was the next LOU game should be about, teaching ellie how to swim).


Aw, I'm already in the corner to cry about this you wrote eventually the next 13 days we have to wait for the PS4.

Anyway, if there will come a The Last Of Us 2 without Ellie and Joel of corse i won't buy it. Even if it's get a masterpiece.

I need to know more about them and only them. Riley is as interesting as a bag of rice in china for me. Sorry!

 

/cry on mode


I know... I'm not sure whether to get my hopes up or not for the next last of us now.

I mean it's like Mass effect, Mass effect took three games to finish the 'journey' and I was happy-----SPOLIERS FOR MASS EFFECT--- with the ending despite its plotholes (Starchild),  I chose Syntheis and I cried a little with the exteneded cut knowing that all the characters I come to know and love are safe forever and can live forever thanks to Synthesis.

 

The Last of us is but one game, it's amazing that ND managed to produced a bond between Joel and Ellie where quite a few of us are caught up in their bond as well, all that in just one game. But they didn't realized the more stronger the bond is, the more we want it to it fills up like with the characters on Mass effect and that means more sequels!

 

So... Unless ND can just make one game with Joel and Ellie, I'll ditch my PC (Maybe not... need it for contact, games, study and soon... work) and Xbox 360 (if not, Xbox 1) to a river and  I will decorate the Playstation 4 with Last of us stickers and props tied to it.

 

 

EDIT again!: And literally I got no more story games to look to, the next Mass effect is possible but hard to induce myself to the story and the only game I got my heart in now is the Last of us now and I'm getting bored of genetic games like Call of duty or Halo (They ruined the Custom games so no fun now).

The call for a companion in a post-apocalypse is needed in order to survive and die together with.
Message 12 of 50 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 15, 2013

tomtix wrote:

kleen_nexi wrote:

tomtix wrote:

I gotta agree with the OP mostly, I was expecting Joel to be in the DLC.

Even though they said "New character", I still had my hopes up that the DLC will take place after Joel's loss of his daughter, maybe a few weeks after and you play as someone else observing Joel's actions such as maybe Joel did an attempt to suicide as Joel did very briefly hinted into he story. But nope! No new characters though which was odd on ND's part.

 

However, all i can hope is that this story DLC will be emontional on maybe a level just under Joel and Ellie's bond.

Besides, this may be the last chance we see Ellie if ND doesn't make a sequel for Ellie and Joel (I be mad if no LOU 2 in two years with Joel teaching ellie to swin. That was the next LOU game should be about, teaching ellie how to swim).


Aw, I'm already in the corner to cry about this you wrote eventually the next 13 days we have to wait for the PS4.

Anyway, if there will come a The Last Of Us 2 without Ellie and Joel of corse i won't buy it. Even if it's get a masterpiece.

I need to know more about them and only them. Riley is as interesting as a bag of rice in china for me. Sorry!

 

/cry on mode


I know... I'm not sure whether to get my hopes up or not for the next last of us now.

I mean it's like Mass effect, Mass effect took three games to finish the 'journey' and I was happy-----SPOLIERS FOR MASS EFFECT--- with the ending despite its plotholes (Starchild),  I chose Syntheis and I cried a little with the exteneded cut knowing that all the characters I come to know and love are safe forever and can live forever thanks to Synthesis.

 

The Last of us is but one game, it's amazing that ND managed to produced a bond between Joel and Ellie where quite a few of us are caught up in their bond as well, all that in just one game. But they didn't realized the more stronger the bond is, the more we want it to it fills up like with the characters on Mass effect and that means more sequels!

 

So... Unless ND can just make one game with Joel and Ellie, I'll ditch my PC (Maybe not... need it for contact, games, study and soon... work) and Xbox 360 (if not, Xbox 1) to a river and  I will decorate the Playstation 4 with Last of us stickers and props tied to it.

 

 

EDIT again!: And literally I got no more story games to look to, the next Mass effect is possible but hard to induce myself to the story and the only game I got my heart in now is the Last of us now and I'm getting bored of genetic games like Call of duty or Halo (They ruined the Custom games so no fun now).


Okay, if I'm getting it right and I'm sure as hell I am,

you're a die hard fan of Joel and Ellie too.

Like me.

I <3 you.

So anyway i'm sleepy but in be4 i forget,

you're right. 

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 13 of 50 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/22/2009
Online
5753 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 16, 2013
I'm so incredibly excited for this. Many of us were hoping to see the time Ellie spent with Riley. Can't wait!

Message 14 of 50 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 16, 2013

I'm still gonna get the DLC....

 

Though I wanted to see Sam and Henry's journey from Hartford to Pittsburgh as DLC.... I think they have a very interesting story to tell.

Message 15 of 50 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 16, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:
I'm so incredibly excited for this. Many of us were hoping to see the time Ellie spent with Riley. Can't wait!

Like I said, i have nothing against gamers who wanted to see that. At least some of us are happy right?


ccarino01 wrote:

I'm still gonna get the DLC....

 

Though I wanted to see Sam and Henry's journey from Hartford to Pittsburgh as DLC.... I think they have a very interesting story to tell.


Well I got the DLC, too. Payed for the Season Pass, so no matter what comes across I will for sure play it.

On the other Side would be Sam and Henry no new Characters also. So I would be disapointed here too.

I really wished Joel and Ellie meet >during< their Journey meet new Characters. 

Meens Naughty Dog added some more in the Main Story instand of adding a seperate chapter.

 

Anyway I think we all Fans of TLOU will enjoy the DLC, including me.

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 16 of 50 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/19/2013
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 16, 2013

i'm really disappointed...

hoped to see new characters or other characters to play with..

like sam and henry

Message 17 of 50 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
Registered: 07/08/2013
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 17, 2013

Personally, I didn't think we got enough of Ellie's backstory, even with the very short 4-issue comic book series they put out. This is supposed to be a dual-protagonist story but I feel more focus was put on Joel. We experienced first hand what his life was like before the outbreak, along with the tragic event which changed him forever. There are various hints pertaining to his past as a hunter, how his relationship with Tommy and Sarah's mom panned out etc. When it comes to Ellie's past, they're just giving smaller bits of exposition here and there. 

 

I'm happy with the direction they're going in. I don't think many of us truly understood the impact Riley had on Ellie, for most of us she was just some unknown, faceless character who Ellie mentioned in the last moments of the game. Riley's death was a significant event in Ellie's life, just like Sarah's death was to Joel. Experiencing that event first hand could give us more insight into why Ellie was so guilt-ridden in the core-game. It may not sound like a story they need to tell, but that's the nature of story-driven DLC. It's something that isn't quite essential to the main game's story, but rather it adds to it.

 

I wouldn't have minded if the DLC starred a new character, but frankly I'm just glad Ellie is returning. I mean, it's an easy choice for me: new character or Ellie? Hmm.. I'll go with Ellie (:  

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"Dope beats, dope rhymes. This Hip Hop ain't really that hard."
Message 18 of 50 (126 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
344 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 17, 2013

Tim-Son666 wrote:

i'm really disappointed...

hoped to see new characters or other characters to play with..

like sam and henry


FINALLY SAM AND HENRY I thought I was the only person who thought they were cool, I really like them more then Joel and ellie.


Google+ Facebook Twitter
This is one of the best videos ever, watch it
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Message 19 of 50 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/03/2013
Offline
108 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog first DLC...

Nov 17, 2013
No... Just, no... Well, that's just your opinion, but i am quite sure that nobody will agree with you on that...
Message 20 of 50 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes