Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, I just want to say...

Jun 11, 2013
My dream is that Naughty Dog was morphed into one single Hot-Babe entity, so I could have relations with it Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 25 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 11, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Uncharted 2 = Over 6 million

Uncharted 3 = Over 6 million

That's a lot to me.

Same as Gears Of War series, Battlefield 3, Red Dead Redemption and many more  sell.

Are those numbers for sure? I thought they were 3-4 million each?

Yep, I got it from VGchartz. The most reliable gaming charts site. Actually not so reliable because they miscount sales and they are always  two weeks behind. That is why I wrote over before the number.

And last E3 Naughty Dog stated that the Uncharted series sold over 17 million units.

Ok, that's awesome. I will trust ND recounting from Last E3 then....VGchartz is kinda hard to take accurate

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 12 of 25 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 12, 2013

How about having some realistic expectations? 7-9 million is hard to pull off even for multiplatform games let alone an exclusive.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 13 of 25 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Jun 12, 2013

chaystic wrote:

How about having some realistic expectations? 7-9 million is hard to pull off even for multiplatform games let alone an exclusive.

I agree, good to see a grounded and down to earth response for once.

Message 14 of 25 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I actually don't think 7-9 mill is that unrealistic for an exclsuive. Nintendo's and MS's do it (or close to it) quite often. Up to now it's been unrealistic for PS3 exclusives.

That's what I really hate. Every time we talk about any other game having "good sales", we usually mean 5-6 million+. But whenever we're talking about a PS3 exclusive, we always say "It sold pretty well...for a PS3 exclusive." That usually only means around 2, maybe 3 mill.

I hope that TLOU will be the game to change that, and it's in a pretty good position to do so. PS3's install base is over 70 million (probably the most active it'll ever be before next gen starts), this game has received tons of marketing, has perfect scores everywhere, and it's in a nice little launch window with absolutely no notable competition. Only thing really working against it is that it's a new IP. So I think it could very well happen.

Message 15 of 25 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

I would love this to be the game that puts them in the 5-6 million plus range....gonna do my part.

UC2 & 3 both sold over 6 million.

Their Crash games sold even better

Jak series were 3 - 4 million sellers

They have always been the second best selling Sony developers from PS1 days.

Message 16 of 25 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I actually don't think 7-9 mill is that unrealistic for an exclsuive. Nintendo's and MS's do it (or close to it) quite often. Up to now it's been unrealistic for PS3 exclusives.

That's what I really hate. Every time we talk about any other game having "good sales", we usually mean 5-6 million+. But whenever we're talking about a PS3 exclusive, we always say "It sold pretty well...for a PS3 exclusive." That usually only means around 2, maybe 3 mill.

I hope that TLOU will be the game to change that, and it's in a pretty good position to do so. PS3's install base is over 70 million (probably the most active it'll ever be before next gen starts), this game has received tons of marketing, has perfect scores everywhere, and it's in a nice little launch window with absolutely no notable competition. Only thing really working against it is that it's a new IP. So I think it could very well happen.

Nintendo games are the only games that sell on their system lol.

Halo is the only Microsoft exclusive that Sells over 8 million.

Atleast get your facts right man, GT5 has sold 10.5 million, UC2 & 3 both outsold Gears of War 3, God of War 3, LBP & MG4 all sold over 5 million just off the top of my head.

Message 17 of 25 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Well firstly, Nintendo's exclusives sell millions easily yet are nowhere near as expensive to make as PS3 or 360 games. And they do it with the same franchises over and over. They're laughing straight to the bank.

And I said "5-6 million+". Every Gears game excluding the most recent one have done 6 mill. Forza 3 did 5 mill. Fable 3 did 5 mill. And I already mentioned Nintendo's games. Of course there are exceptions on the PS3 side; that's why I said "usually." But GT5, MGS4, and God of War 3 are from hugely popular IP's carried over from PS2 & 1, so obviously they'd sell well. Majority of Sony's exclusives, even one's that are incredible, just don't sell as well as they should.

LBP took 5 years to reach 5 mill when Gears of War 3 did that in just 2. And LBP2 for some reason hasn't even reached 3 mill. Killzone 2 & 3 are under 3 mill. Resistance 2's under 2.5 and Resistance 3's barely past 1 mill. Ratchet & Clank: TOD's been out for over 6 years yet is only at 2.5 mill, and its sequel has yet to reach 2 mill. Heck even Uncharted 2's sales should have been better: Gears of War 3 did 6 mill in 2 years while Uncharted 2 did it in 4. And I don't even need to mention Sony's great games that were sales flops like Starhawk, Heavenly Sword, ModNation Racers, and MAG. My point is that PS3 exclusives tend to underperform compared to other platforms.

And what's with the hostility all of a sudden? I'm not saying TLOU better sell 7-9 million or else it's a failure. I'm just saying ND's an amazing developer and it's about time more people realized that, so I hope they do absolutely ridiculous numbers with TLOU. That's all.

Message 18 of 25 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2394 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Naughty Dog already has the top tier status as a developer after U2 was launched.
My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 19 of 25 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 12, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Well firstly, Nintendo's exclusives sell millions easily yet are nowhere near as expensive to make as PS3 or 360 games. And they do it with the same franchises over and over. They're laughing straight to the bank.

And I said "5-6 million+". Every Gears game excluding the most recent one have done 6 mill. Forza 3 did 5 mill. Fable 3 did 5 mill. And I already mentioned Nintendo's games. Of course there are exceptions on the PS3 side; that's why I said "usually." But GT5, MGS4, and God of War 3 are from hugely popular IP's carried over from PS2 & 1, so obviously they'd sell well. Majority of Sony's exclusives, even one's that are incredible, just don't sell as well as they should.

LBP took 5 years to reach 5 mill when Gears of War 3 did that in just 2. And LBP2 for some reason hasn't even reached 3 mill. Killzone 2 & 3 are under 3 mill. Resistance 2's under 2.5 and Resistance 3's barely past 1 mill. Ratchet & Clank: TOD's been out for over 6 years yet is only at 2.5 mill, and its sequel has yet to reach 2 mill. Heck even Uncharted 2's sales should have been better: Gears of War 3 did 6 mill in 2 years while Uncharted 2 did it in 4. And I don't even need to mention Sony's great games that were sales flops like Starhawk, Heavenly Sword, ModNation Racers, and MAG. My point is that PS3 exclusives tend to underperform compared to other platforms.

And what's with the hostility all of a sudden? I'm not saying TLOU better sell 7-9 million or else it's a failure. I'm just saying ND's an amazing developer and it's about time more people realized that, so I hope they do absolutely ridiculous numbers with TLOU. That's all.

Name 5 Xbosx exclusives that sell over 5 million other than Gears & Halo??? 

And please dont mention Forza where it's a bundled game that stalled at 3 million until it was as I mentioned mass bundled with every 360 for a year the samething happened with Fable. Why don't you go check how badly the last Forza game sold that was released last year.

Gears 3 hasn't crossed 6 million & the most recent one barely sold 1 million.

LOL so now you GT, God of War & MGS4 doesn't count? i'll have you know GT5 is on track to outsell GT4, Gow of War sold more than the PS2 games & MGS4 sold more than MGS3 that was on PS2 so clearly so clearly your argument is a bit flawed since the PS2 had a 140 million base yet the PS3 with a smaller install base managed to expand these franchises.

LBP should have flopped yet it didn't whether it took 5 years is irrelevant it still sold more than 80% of every Xbox exclusive same with UC2 & 3... Heck even the GT Demo sold 6 million more than any Forza lol.

The problem with you is you think a game must sell 6 million in 6 months sorry but most PS3 games sell over a period of time. 

Starhawk isn't a mainstream game, Heavenly Sword came out when the PS3 had less than 10 million sold but it sold 2 million , Modnation Racers & MAG both sold over a million I don't see how that can be considered bad

Hostility?? Where? 

ND is amazing and everyone knows dude, other than COD, BF, GTA, Fifa & Assasins Creed most other games don't sell above 5 million... so your 7-9 figure is simply ridiculous especially since this genre doesn't get those kinda sales, either way the game will do well. 

Message 20 of 25 (107 Views)
0 Likes