Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 11 2013
By: IceColdKilla44 Gaming Beast 1773 posts

Naughty Dog, I just want to say...

[ Edited ]
24 replies 843 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

...that I hope you guys make an absolute KILLING with The Last of Us in sales. I'm talking 7-9 mill at least.

Why, might you ask? Well it's not so much about the $$ (although it's certainly a plus). I just think it's about time Naughty Dog received the worldwide acclaim they've deserved for years now. When Uncharted 2 came out, gathered 10/10's across the board, and swept pretty much all GOTY awards, it annoyed me to no end that so many of my PS3 owning friends still scratched their heads and said "Uncharted...wah?" whenever I talked about the game.

Then Uncharted 3 came out and had somewhat similar success. But yet again, it seemed like I was the only person in my school talking about it. Even the people who called themselves PS3 'fanboys' were still too focused on BF3 or Skyrim to even give this game a shot.

So now here's The Last of Us, the game that pretty much all of the press are calling the top dog for GOTY. And I feel like general interest in this game has soared thanks to the early reviews (at least among my group of friends). Heck, I myself was originally going to hold off on TLOU until later in the summer because I already have a huge gaming backlog....but once I saw the perfect scores rolling in, I said 'screw it' and put down my pre-order. Naughty Dog's made fantastic games since the Crash Bandicoot days and I'm not about to stop supporting them now. Which is why I'll try convincing every PS3 owning friend I know to get this game.

So...yeah, sorry about the rant (is this even a rant?), but I just really really want this game to turn Naughty Dog into a household name like Bungie, Valve, and Rockstar. As far as I'm concerned, it's long overdue.

Keep doing your thing, ND. And best of luck with TLOU!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (843 Views)
Gaming Beast
1816 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, I just want to say...

Jun 11, 2013

People that scratch their heads when they hear about Naughty Dog titles are casuals. I think that's a good thing, this way Naughty Dog tries to be unique instead of appealing to the mass. Saleswise is Naughty Dog always doing a great job they are a beloved company among the people that've been with PlayStation for years. They do get worldwide acclaim just not by the huge mass but by the more serious gamers. Some of my friends like gaming as well but just casual games like Call of Duty or FIFA.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (808 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1204 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I would love this to be the game that puts them in the 5-6 million plus range....gonna do my part.

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (745 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Uncharted 2 = Over 6 million

Uncharted 3 = Over 6 million

That's alot to me.

Same as Gears Of War series, Battlefield 3, Red Dead Redemption and many more  sell.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I hope they make lots of money off it so they can make a sequel or a brand new IP.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (696 Views)
Naughty Host
8273 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (680 Views)
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jun 11, 2013
^^AKyemeni you know just what to say lol
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (641 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1204 posts

Jun 11, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

That's alot to me.

Same as Gears Of War series, Battlefield 3, Red Dead Redemption and many more  sell.

Are those numbers for sure? I thought they were 3-4 million each?

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

That's alot to me.

That's extremely impressive especially considering these are exclusive titles....

Naughty Dog is the best!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (626 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

That's a lot to me.

Yep, I got it from VGchartz. The most reliable gaming charts site. Actually not so reliable because they miscount sales and they are always  two weeks behind. That is why I wrote over before the number.

And last E3 Naughty Dog stated that the Uncharted series sold over 17 million units.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (512 Views)
0 Likes