Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2013
By: DevilsHazard111 Splicer 91 posts

ND should just delete Listen Mode or everyone will always know where you are

[ Edited ]
8 replies 340 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

And to top it off, there's a Mini Radar that exploites your position as soon as your fire or Sprint.

Im okay with the Mini Radar since it has a justified purpose....but Listen Mode too?

Whats going to be the actual point of Stealth? IF the game is hellbent on exposing your position to the player?

They should make the recover time longer everythime you utilize Listen Mode to prevent spamming.

I don't know, just my 2 scents

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (340 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18236 posts

Re: ND should just delete Listen Mode or everyone will always know where you are

Jun 4, 2013
There's a whole stealth class that allows you to avoid being seen in Listen Mode altogether. That and the fact that if you take it slow and steady, Listen Mode won't be able to detect you.

If you want to avoid Listen Mode, just play stealthily and you won't be bothered by it.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (330 Views)
Sackboy
344 posts

Re: ND should just delete Listen Mode or everyone will always know where you are

Jun 4, 2013

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

And to top it off, there's a Mini Radar that exploites your position as soon as your fire or Sprint.

Im okay with the Mini Radar since it has a justified purpose....but Listen Mode too?

Whats going to be the actual point of Stealth? IF the game is hellbent on exposing your position to the player?

this again?

safsaf

sub sig

sig url -

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (312 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Jun 4, 2013

A Listen Mode thread a day....

is annoying. Please add DAG's answer to the FAQ if it's not there.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (300 Views)
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 4, 2013

stop complaining baby mama

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1630 posts

Jun 5, 2013
*Sigh* Again..........Too much realism takes away from the game, and enjoyment all together. I'm sure there will be a "No listen mode playlist" go play that, or deal with it.

It's not such a simple operation to delete listen mode. The majority of the game's code would have to be re-written, and that would call for the game being delayed 3 or 4 more months.

The game has already gone gold, nothing is changing. Don't like it? Don't play it. And don't give me that **bleep** about "Ohhh but I wanna play it, it looks cool, they should cater to the 'hardcore' fans."

Play it as is, or **bleep**.

I don't know, just my 2 scents.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Listen mode only lasts 2-3 seconds man, you cant just hold it down forever
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
There's a whole stealth class that allows you to avoid being seen in Listen Mode altogether. That and the fact that if you take it slow and steady, Listen Mode won't be able to detect you.

If you want to avoid Listen Mode, just play stealthily and you won't be bothered by it.

This..... i like 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

They should make the recover time longer everythime you utilize Listen Mode to prevent spamming.

I don't know, just my 2 scents

I believe there's a booster(?) you can pick that would cancel out the enemy's minuscule ability to use Listen Mode.

As far as I'm concened, IDGAF about listen mode. I could only guess that campers would be irritated by it lol. Quickest solution is you've got to move about.

Liam knows Listen mode.

Spoiler
Taken

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (147 Views)
0 Likes