Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Offline
1934 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

Jan 20, 2013

mag-is-dead-rip wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

mag-is-dead-rip wrote:

Not likely.

Naughty dog is better than that, I'd bet you they are done with drake and will pass it off to others like they already did with the vita game. Naughty dog has a history of doing 3 games in a series then doing one terrible kart racer of the game and moving on to their next IP. So unless they are secretly working on a Uncharted Super Drift Special I'm thinking that Last of Us will be the first of a new trilogy of games.


 Uwotm8, CTR was amazing and JAK X was decent. And IIRC Naughty Dog stated this game will be a game on it's own without a sequel although I'm not completely if this is true or not. I'm 90% sure Naughty Dog's next game will be Uncharted 4 on the PS4.


Well I'm just basing my theory on their history. Personally I was let down a lot from Uncharted3 it was nothing compared to 2. I think the story has run its course and I'm so glad they are making a new IP. We don't get as many original non sequels as in the old days so I'm very psyched for Last of Us

 


Yeah, I agree that Uncharted 3 was pretty much inferior compared to Uncharted 2 storywise.  Although I think the major reason why is because of TLOU, they didn't have as many people working on Uncharted 3 as on Uncharted 2.

With that said I'm still really curious how TLOU will turn out and I've already pre-ordered it. Naughty Dog is in my opinion the best Developers team ever and has always amazed me and many others with their games.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 30 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 07/07/2009
Offline
32 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

Jan 20, 2013

Your argument is absolutely INVALID !

Drake is around 35 by this day, UC3 drake has BLUE EYES, Joel has brown !

Drake has Brown hair, Joel has Black hair.

News paper is just easter egg accidentaly left by ND.

Drake looks nothing like Joel ! Their face structure is completly different.

 

Your therory is crazy and *hitty Smiley Very Happy

Next time research instead of posting bull*hit.

Youtube Raew CZ
Message 22 of 30 (474 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/30/2008
Offline
1160 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

Jan 21, 2013

QLL3 wrote:

Your argument is absolutely INVALID !

Drake is around 35 by this day, UC3 drake has BLUE EYES, Joel has brown !

Drake has Brown hair, Joel has Black hair.

News paper is just easter egg accidentaly left by ND.

Drake looks nothing like Joel ! Their face structure is completly different.

 

Your therory is crazy and *hitty Smiley Very Happy

Next time research instead of posting bull*hit.


I bet you he'll propose that maybe Nathan Drake had a total makeover prior to the outbreak. Haha.


Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 23 of 30 (446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

Feb 17, 2014

I really enjoyed reading this it's well thought out however i did find something that kinda disproves it. There's a scene in TLOU in a toy store. If you walk around and look on the shelves you'll find an uncharted board game. This suggests uncharted is just a video game series like it is in the real world. Pretty solid theory otherwise. I think perhaps Joel is an alternate version of drake and he is who drake would become if the events of the last of us happened in the uncharted universe. P.S. I CANT WAIT FOR UNCHARTED ON THE PS4!!maxresdefault.jpg

Message 24 of 30 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/05/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

Feb 17, 2014
When Ellie asks Joel why he didn't attend a college he says he had Sara when he was pretty young so unless Drake has a little girl and still has time to plunder I don't think your theory could hold true. Sorry to crush your dream buddy :/
Message 25 of 30 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
1335 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

Feb 17, 2014

captawesome44 wrote:
When Ellie asks Joel why he didn't attend a college he says he had Sara when he was pretty young so unless Drake has a little girl and still has time to plunder I don't think your theory could hold true. Sorry to crush your dream buddy :/

I smell a future plot twist! Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 30 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
3086 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

carby21 wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Lol.

 

How about NOOOOO.


Is there any evidence you have that completely disproves this theory?


its a non-falsifiable suggestion and id even know if that works because its obvious it isn't true.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 27 of 30 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
3086 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

And Joel doesn't look like drake
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 28 of 30 (314 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/04/2016
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

Jul 4, 2016
I have recently started this game and noticed rite off the back the connection between the 2 characters... I would also like to point out that his daughter had blond hair joel has brown my theory is he gets with Elena (haven't got past the second game yet so just thinking here) and has a kid which explains why joels daughter has blond hair. So yeah that'sy theory I agree completely with carby21
Message 29 of 30 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
Registered: 03/11/2014
Online
5515 posts
 

Re: Drake is Joel?

Jul 4, 2016

Please make sure a thread is current/active before responding and necrobumping which is against the forum rules. Thread is now locked

Message 30 of 30 (189 Views)
0 Likes