Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Drake is Joel?

Jan 20, 2013

I hope not. Of course, I do not have scientific evidence to be able to yell you that it is absolutely not, but I can only hope that it absolutey is not. I also extremely doubt that ND would even link these two games together, story wise, other than minor easter eggs for laughs and nostalgia.

Message 11 of 30 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
939 posts

Jan 20, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I hope not. Of course, I do not have scientific evidence to be able to yell you that it is absolutely not, but I can only hope that it absolutey is not. I also extremely doubt that ND would even link these two games together, story wise, other than minor easter eggs for laughs and nostalgia.

I wouldn't mind. As long as his past wasn't really mentioned and none of the old characters or traits he had from Uncharted returned. Obviously having everyone he knew die and the world enter an apocalypse would change him though. Make him much more serious. So I could see it happening. 

Message 12 of 30 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Nope.

ND have stated that this game does not take place in the same 'universe' as Uncharted.

Also, they have different names. One is called Nathan. The other is called Joel. Nathan. Joel. Nathan. Joel. Try saying them out loud. They are very different.
Message 13 of 30 (592 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Not likely.

Naughty dog is better than that, I'd bet you they are done with drake and will pass it off to others like they already did with the vita game. Naughty dog has a history of doing 3 games in a series then doing one terrible kart racer of the game and moving on to their next IP. So unless they are secretly working on a Uncharted Super Drift Special I'm thinking that Last of Us will be the first of a new trilogy of games.

photo Zoe_468x60_zps1ba57e00.jpg
visit my webcomic
Message 14 of 30 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jan 20, 2013

*Sigh*

They sound nothing alike...I can't believe this is even a thing.

Message 15 of 30 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jan 20, 2013

lol though. Just imagine.

"I saw this, before the outbreak..."

"Does he totally gut her by the end?"

"No-Nobody gets gutted its a dumb teen movie"

"Who dragged you to see it?"

"...... An old friend, Cutter was his name..."

lol.

Message 16 of 30 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3810 posts

Jan 20, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Nope.

ND have stated that this game does not take place in the same 'universe' as Uncharted.

Also, they have different names. One is called Nathan. The other is called Joel. Nathan. Joel. Nathan. Joel. Try saying them out loud. They are very different.

Thank you.

Message 17 of 30 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Interesting theory. Personally, I don't think it's the case, but it's a fascinating thought and it would be cool if it turned out to be that.

Imagine something like Joel saying "My name... is Drake" END GAME.

Props to you

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 18 of 30 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

mag-is-dead-rip wrote:

Not likely.

Naughty dog is better than that, I'd bet you they are done with drake and will pass it off to others like they already did with the vita game. Naughty dog has a history of doing 3 games in a series then doing one terrible kart racer of the game and moving on to their next IP. So unless they are secretly working on a Uncharted Super Drift Special I'm thinking that Last of Us will be the first of a new trilogy of games.

Uwotm8, CTR was amazing and JAK X was decent. And IIRC Naughty Dog stated this game will be a game on it's own without a sequel although I'm not completely if this is true or not. I'm 90% sure Naughty Dog's next game will be Uncharted 4 on the PS4.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 30 (552 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

mag-is-dead-rip wrote:

Not likely.

Uwotm8, CTR was amazing and JAK X was decent. And IIRC Naughty Dog stated this game will be a game on it's own without a sequel although I'm not completely if this is true or not. I'm 90% sure Naughty Dog's next game will be Uncharted 4 on the PS4.

Well I'm just basing my theory on their history. Personally I was let down a lot from Uncharted3 it was nothing compared to 2. I think the story has run its course and I'm so glad they are making a new IP. We don't get as many original non sequels as in the old days so I'm very psyched for Last of Us

photo Zoe_468x60_zps1ba57e00.jpg
visit my webcomic
Message 20 of 30 (546 Views)
0 Likes