Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Re: My opinions for Multiplayer, other good ideas welcome!

Sep 7, 2012

AidsInYoMouth wrote:

RandomGuyChris wrote:

AidsInYoMouth wrote:

Some ideas are good, others aren't.

You are asking for a Multiplayer like Uncharted even though you say you don't want it to be that way.

You've been mistaken I ask for the little things (good stuff) from Uncharted like Machinima Mode, Custom Game, Buddy System (which I dont really care if they add it or not), Cinema Mode, Nathan Drake (skin), and Good Graphics from the Campaign to the MP. Nothing big that changes the Gameplay style or anything, its just the little things. I didn't say bring back Loadouts, AK47s etc like that.

I'm sorry, didn't express myself the correct way. What I was trying to say is that you are asking for Team Deathmatch, for example. The only competitive modes I can see working are Elimination and the Capture the 'Supplies' one. The other ones just won't fit like Team Deathmatch or else.

Yeah I was thinking hard bout' it thanks for your suggestion I took it out xD

Message 21 of 48 (1,616 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Regarding the graphics, it's not as if ND just decided to make the MP graphics worse than the SP graphics just for a laugh. They had to do it to reduce lag and/or framerate issues. TLoU is such a beautiful game I doubt the multiplayer will be able to carry those sort of graphics.

Message 22 of 48 (1,615 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

calcunnon wrote:

Regarding the graphics, it's not as if ND just decided to make the MP graphics worse than the SP graphics just for a laugh. They had to do it to reduce lag and/or framerate issues. TLoU is such a beautiful game I doubt the multiplayer will be able to carry those sort of graphics.

Actually highly think they can do it, in the SP of Uncharted 3 the graphics were worse than the E3 trailer, especially the Chloe on the bus (if you know what I'm talking bout'), but thats not the point I honestly think ND can do it. I think they were rushed to release the game considering how good the graphics were in Uncharted 2's MP, Uncharted 3's MP graphics were worse. I think ND can raise the bar of Graphics further & further each game. I mean look how good the SP graphics in The Last of Us are. imagine if this happened --> Uncharted-3-Chloe-E3-Trailer-Comparison.jpg

I'm sure this won't happen with The Last of Us graphics if it did, it would be very very sad. So I'm sure ND can keep raising the bar even in MP multiplayer

Message 23 of 48 (1,611 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Sep 7, 2012
The reason U3's multiplayer has downgraded graphics is because of character customisation and large maps. It's not that they were lazy or rushed the game out - it was an intentional choice they made in order to reduce lag. Of course they 'can' do it - all they'd have had to do was export everything with the same settings as the single player. But they decided to keep lag down, instead.

I think TLoU multiplayer needs large maps because otherwise there's no sense of exploration. And for that, I'm willing to sacrifice the graphics slightly. And I don't care about character customisation, so maybe having set character models will help bump the graphics up a bit.
Message 24 of 48 (1,596 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

RandomGuyChris wrote:

I'm talking about this ---> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/NDI-READ-TLOU-Mulitplayer/m-p/38067889... very simple thread that I made at first telling ND my opinion of MP (same concept as our threads) but I decided to make it more in-depth. You took the pictures from my thread and put it on yours as well -_-,  I didn't copy paragraphs from yours I got mine from the old Noggin (that'd be kind of dumb if I copied and pasted) plus mine is WAY more in-depth than your is, the only thing I took from yours that I noticed mine was missing was quarintine dudes that you had in your thread. Grr I hate SMH to many people use it, Smiley LOL. Ima make a new one RME, Rolling My Eyes, oh wait Im copying somebody again woops -_-.

Well, that thread you made before me was barely explaining anything. And adding pictures to mine really isn't all that copying you. And yours is quite a bit more detailed but not extrememly, and like I said, even when I edited stuff in, you copied that as well.

Like... my stealth idea, the plunder type mode, interactible stuff (with different objects), etc..

LOL. Smiley Indifferent

Message 25 of 48 (1,580 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Sep 8, 2012

RandomGuyChris wrote:
The Last of Us are. imagine if this happened --> Uncharted-3-Chloe-E3-Trailer-Comparison.jpg

LOL that looks horrible.

Message 26 of 48 (1,579 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Sep 8, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

RandomGuyChris wrote:
The Last of Us are. imagine if this happened --> Uncharted-3-Chloe-E3-Trailer-Comparison.jpg

LOL that looks horrible.

IKR, if that happened in The Last of Us (which I doubt it will) it'd be a very sad day in gaming history.

Message 27 of 48 (1,574 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

RandomGuyChris wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

RandomGuyChris wrote:

LOL that looks horrible.

IKR, if that happened in The Last of Us (which I doubt it will) it'd be a very sad day in gaming history.

Oh god I didn't think it looked that bad nice thread btw, I like most of your ideas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 48 (1,518 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

Damnnn, it was kinda shocking to see the huge difference between the trailer and in-game cinematics. Is chloe on the bus the only one that looked awful compared to the e3 trailer or there is more? Interesting find.Hope you post some more of it. But even with that, U3 is still the one of (if not) the best looking games this gen, whether it be cutscene or in-game.

As for the OP:

I disagree with totally removing perks/kickbacks system in the game.. I kind of like it as it puts deeper customization of characters and there is some strategic part in choosing w/c kickback/perks works best with each other. Just make it well balanced, and the perks/kb effect should not be vague and be more specific/narrowed. I could live w/o it too, whatever is awesome nd just do it lol.

As for loadouts (if nd is not doing what OP said).  I wish its like CS, no loadouts, everybody  is given x amount of money at the start of the game to buy stuff w/in a specific amount of time before spawning. And the faction you are on determines the guns w/c you have access. Or have this a separate mode. But i would prefer if this will be the default in all competitive mode kind of games (that is if ND is planning on putting a compet. mp similar to cod or u3). I remember CS was so fun because of this, yeah its the same map over and over again, but you are open to buy diff long guns, side arms, grenades, armor etc everytime you spawn (or near your base) so it sorta keeps things fresher for the player and you want to play more and more because lots of weapon combinations work for you and you want to keep discovering more of it. 

Have charater accessory match (or be in a part of a set) like in dark souls. I dont care if the accessory has a perk/effect or not (i prefer no effect, its just an accessory to customize looks, spec effects is what perks/kickbaks is for), looks should be the priority in accessory lol.

Idk, i think the way to fix the melee in this game is to not to put melee at all loljk (im still thinking about it).

props to OP, that is some good stuff. I wish too see those in game.

+============================================================+
Message 29 of 48 (1,494 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Nope, anything unrealistic like power-ups should definitely not be in the game. If the player can magically spawn a gun in their hands, ND have done it wrong.
Message 30 of 48 (1,481 Views)
0 Likes