Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 05/04/2010
Offline
2480 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 7, 2012

4. Health Bar

I guess this is good for the atmosphere but I will greatly miss having regenerating health.

I really like that the health isn't regenerative because with non-regenerative health there's more focus on the consequences. I. E. if you run out in the open and get punched in the face, you lose health and that's a consequence. Regenerative health works the best with Uncharted, though, since it's this Hollywood action movie experience


And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 20 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
9691 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 7, 2012

I added a new section

8. Changable story?

This is more ore less a question than a "problem"

Message 21 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/23/2010
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 8, 2012

Hey Goldhawk, I totally understand what you mean. I had a similar idea that I think could make the game feel even more real that I hope Naughty Dog thinks about.

Killing shouldn't feel non-chalant in this game. Murder is serious, it's final, and straight up scary. I'm hoping they add an element to the game that makes characters act like real people when it came down to killing someone or being killed.

What I was thinking is characters crawling into fetile positions, some hiding in closets or whatever, and you could hear them beg for mercy, or even whimpering during combat or exploring. Why do you have to hunt everybody in a building? If you killed most of their team, I would imagine at least one or two would be cowards and run, or just be so scared they'd start to cry. Think about it, everyone is trying to survive.

What this would add to the game would be realism, and make gamers uncomfortable when it came to your decisions. Do you really feel comfortable pulling the trigger. Maybe spare someone's life and go on with your journey. Maybe they will backstab you. Killing should feel uncomfortable, because most of these people probably were not used to killing before the apocalypse. I just think it's something to think about for the gameplay. It would be chilling, and add an atmosphere to the game that's different than most games out today.

Just a thought.

Message 22 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
9691 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 8, 2012

popnlocke wrote:

Hey Goldhawk, I totally understand what you mean. I had a similar idea that I think could make the game feel even more real that I hope Naughty Dog thinks about.

1. Killing shouldn't feel non-chalant in this game. Murder is serious, it's final, and straight up scary. I'm hoping they add an element to the game that makes characters act like real people when it came down to killing someone or being killed.

2. What I was thinking is characters crawling into fetile positions, some hiding in closets or whatever, and you could hear them beg for mercy, or even whimpering during combat or exploring. Why do you have to hunt everybody in a building? If you killed most of their team, I would imagine at least one or two would be cowards and run, or just be so scared they'd start to cry. Think about it, everyone is trying to survive.

3. What this would add to the game would be realism, and make gamers uncomfortable when it came to your decisions. Do you really feel comfortable pulling the trigger. Maybe spare someone's life and go on with your journey. Maybe they will backstab you. Killing should feel uncomfortable, because most of these people probably were not used to killing before the apocalypse. I just think it's something to think about for the gameplay. It would be chilling, and add an atmosphere to the game that's different than most games out today.

Just a thought.

1. Yeah, when Joel throws the molotov at that guy, you hear Ellie say "oh my god Joel" or something like that....so my guess is that Joel is hardened...like he's seen this stuff before and knows what needs to be done. 

I like when he goes to snap the guy's neck and the guy getting his neck broken claws at his face.  Where in Uncharted they just sit back and take it.  Now that you mention it, everyone in every game just sits there while getting meleed...

2. I don't think it would get to this.  "hiding in closets." They don't seem like the kind of people who would kill just anyone, the'd only kill people who are bad. 

As for whimpering, that would be cool.  Making realistic pain sounds would really add realism to the game. 

I love when you break that guy's neck, and that guy walks down into the hallway and sees you and he's like "what the F@#$!?" I would so totally say that lol.

Running away would be something new...that'd be pretty cool. 

3. That depends on how long the world has been like this.  If it happened recently then yeah, everyone would be scared of killing and act as you say.  But if the world has been like this for years, people will get used to it.  Killing is in our nature, look at society during the BC and early AD times.  Tons of killing. 

Message 23 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
9691 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 8, 2012

OP updated with point #9. 

Message 25 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 9, 2012

  Im not worried about much with this game, its going to be epic but the only thing that bugs me is the hud... I mean I was under the impression the game was going to  immerse the player yet they go with an ugly health bar and uncharted styled aiming reticules. When I watch the most recent e3 gameplay video, it all looked great until I seen big white aim reticules, kinda took me away from the game... Wish they would have went with a more in game style aiming system. I mean im sure (sure hope so) the menus and hud will be improved until release. I mean, Joel carries a backpack that he can interact with. IMO if you can only carry so many items, they should all be shown in game rather then on HUD like (med kits) in a third person game such as this. Or maybe when you go to select an item in the bag, the game will actually shows the items in the bag rather then a menu and if you equip anything, it will show up on the characters body so you know what you are using... Its 2012, enough with menus! lol

Message 26 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
9691 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 9, 2012

Furyan-IV wrote:

  Im not worried about much with this game, its going to be epic but the only thing that bugs me is the hud... I mean I was under the impression the game was going to  immerse the player yet they go with an ugly health bar and uncharted styled aiming reticules. When I watch the most recent e3 gameplay video, it all looked great until I seen big white aim reticules, kinda took me away from the game... Wish they would have went with a more in game style aiming system. I mean im sure (sure hope so) the menus and hud will be improved until release. I mean, Joel carries a backpack that he can interact with. IMO if you can only carry so many items, they should all be shown in game rather then on HUD like (med kits) in a third person game such as this. Or maybe when you go to select an item in the bag, the game will actually shows the items in the bag rather then a menu and if you equip anything, it will show up on the characters body so you know what you are using... Its 2012, enough with menus! lol

I couldn't agree more.  The reticles and health really threw me off.  Everything was fancy and decorated but the health and aiming system really feel out of place.

My cousin has a really small and insignificant complaint.  He saw the gameplay and said there weren't enough zombies, and said it's going to be trash because that 7 minute gameplay didn't have zombies and had like 100 random enemies (though there's only like 5)

Message 27 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/04/2010
Offline
2480 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 9, 2012

The "F-bomb" is fine. It's by far the most used curse word and The Last of Us focuses very much on realism, so I think it should stay

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 28 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: My issues with TLoU

Jun 10, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Furyan-IV wrote:

  Im not worried about much with this game, its going to be epic but the only thing that bugs me is the hud... I mean I was under the impression the game was going to  immerse the player yet they go with an ugly health bar and uncharted styled aiming reticules. When I watch the most recent e3 gameplay video, it all looked great until I seen big white aim reticules, kinda took me away from the game... Wish they would have went with a more in game style aiming system. I mean im sure (sure hope so) the menus and hud will be improved until release. I mean, Joel carries a backpack that he can interact with. IMO if you can only carry so many items, they should all be shown in game rather then on HUD like (med kits) in a third person game such as this. Or maybe when you go to select an item in the bag, the game will actually shows the items in the bag rather then a menu and if you equip anything, it will show up on the characters body so you know what you are using... Its 2012, enough with menus! lol

I couldn't agree more.  The reticles and health really threw me off.  Everything was fancy and decorated but the health and aiming system really feel out of place.

My cousin has a really small and insignificant complaint.  He saw the gameplay and said there weren't enough zombies, and said it's going to be trash because that 7 minute gameplay didn't have zombies and had like 100 random enemies (though there's only like 5)

Na, he shouldn't worry because this game will be huge, there will be so many areas to tackle multiple ways that each time you play, it could be different, lead you on different paths, and trust me, the infected enemies will be a major threat. but im not watching any more gameplay footage until I play this game... I don't want anything getting spoiled. Trust me, it will be worth it...

Message 29 of 29 (28 Views)
Reply
0 Likes