Feb 22 2013
By: LiLJohnR10 Survivor 2305 posts

Multiplayer/Singleplayer Idea - Real Effects to Damage?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 299 views Edited Feb 22, 2013

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this, but I think it would be cool if certain parts of you body are disabled a bit if you get damaged in a ceratin way...

- Like if you get shot in the leg, you start limping and you're unable to climb things. Or shot in both legs, you might have to start crawling on the ground, but can still aim.

- Or if you get shot in an arm or both, your aiming reticle won't be as acurate or could start wiggling a little.

- And maybe if you get shot in the chest/stomach, you can only be able to rarely jog at some points, then just walk due to the pain it causes.

You could probably heal yourself eventually?

Stuff like that would be pretty cool..

Message 1 of 6 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11888 posts

Re: Multiplayer Idea - Real Effects to Damage

Feb 22, 2013
In multiplayer, this can get annoying if done too much.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 6 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Re: Multiplayer Idea - Real Effects to Damage

Feb 22, 2013

As cool as that sounds I only really see it working in the Singleplayer. It would get really annoying in competive multiplayer.

Message 3 of 6 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Re: Multiplayer/Singleplayer Idea - Real Effects to Damage?

Feb 22, 2013

I'm Sure Lot's of companies have though about doing this... 

But I Think it's just a little too hard to make and it will take alot of time and effort..

and it's a big gamble to make, cause you aren't sure if this will work good gameplay wise

Message 4 of 6 (229 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah... it's not just abou making it look good. They also need to make it work well in terms of gameplay.

The usual solution is making the character look generally weak if he has low health, like in Dead Space, for instance.

The game 'The Deadliest Warrior' has this system the OP suggests. I dunno if it's just because of it, but the game utterly sucks.

Message 5 of 6 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this, but I think it would be cool if certain parts of you body are disabled a bit if you get damaged in a ceratin way...

- Like if you get shot in the leg, you start limping and you're unable to climb things. Or shot in both legs, you might have to start crawling on the ground, but can still aim.

- Or if you get shot in an arm or both, your aiming reticle won't be as acurate or could start wiggling a little.

- And maybe if you get shot in the chest/stomach, you can only be able to rarely jog at some points, then just walk due to the pain it causes.

You could probably heal yourself eventually?

Stuff like that would be pretty cool..

This would only work if bullets were truly, truly rare - otherwise small mechanics like these get annoying real fast. But if the gameplay doesn't revolve around traditional kill based objectives like TDM or whatever, and bullets/guns actually are so rare that they could only be used in desperate times, then yeah I could see this work. You'd be immobilized based on where you were hit until you found time to bandage yourself up or have a buddy do it.

Message 6 of 6 (196 Views)
0 Likes