Feb 07 2013
By: arsenal9124 First Son 4 posts

Multiplayer Ideas? when do you think we will get info?

21 replies 672 views Edited Feb 7, 2013

hey people i just wonder what would like the multipler be like and do you know any info on when are we going to get some multiplayer info? like i dont know an event like e3? 

for me the multiplayer should be something like a small mmo like dayz but i really see hard that happening i just hope it isnt something like team deathmatch sort of stuff and to have scare weapons and ammo...

what do you think?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Multiplayer Ideas? when do you think we will get info?

Feb 7, 2013

I hope we get to run around with unlimited ammo in our PAK-80s.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (664 Views)
PlayStation MVP
17009 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Competitive is a side thought and a fully fledged Co-op mode is made. A Co-op mode that let's the player control the Infected and try to kill Joel/his friends would be nice if ND would be able to perfect it and not have it flop like the mess Co-op Hunter was.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Feb 7, 2013
Posted this a while back but these are my MP ideas:

My suggestions are Scavengers (competetive) and Survivors (cooperative).

Scavengers would be set during the earlier days of the outbreak. The two teams would be groups of hunters and the goal would be to gather more supplies than the other team. Not amount of kills, but amount of gathered supplies would lead to success. The mechanics of single player would still apply: there would be no regenerative health, players could start with guns but no bullets and would have to scavenge ammo from the map, supplies would be needed to craft medkits and other tools.

But the key element would be the AI-driven Infected that roam the map. They are truely neutral and attack anyone. Sound and gunshots will attract tthem so matches would be more tactical as any random shots could lead to death. Teams could use bait to lure the clickers to attack the other team. Stealth, subterfuge, and silent weapons like bows would be the key to staying alive the longest and gathering the most supplies.
----
In Survivors, a team of two to four players are placed on a large open map. They have certain objectives to complete and then must escape. Maybe they have to gather supplies or parts then make it to a car or find the way to lower a bridge to cover a river and escape. But like in the campaign, gangs of hunters and clickers inhabit the map. These AI enemies would be randomly generated as would the conditions of the map: time of day, weather, etc. And as with single player, supplies and ammo would scare.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (626 Views)
Fender Bender
2318 posts

Feb 7, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
Posted this a while back but these are my MP ideas:

My suggestions are Scavengers (competetive) and Survivors (cooperative).

Scavengers would be set during the earlier days of the outbreak. The two teams would be groups of hunters and the goal would be to gather more supplies than the other team. Not amount of kills, but amount of gathered supplies would lead to success. The mechanics of single player would still apply: there would be no regenerative health, players could start with guns but no bullets and would have to scavenge ammo from the map, supplies would be needed to craft medkits and other tools.

But the key element would be the AI-driven Infected that roam the map. They are truely neutral and attack anyone. Sound and gunshots will attract tthem so matches would be more tactical as any random shots could lead to death. Teams could use bait to lure the clickers to attack the other team. Stealth, subterfuge, and silent weapons like bows would be the key to staying alive the longest and gathering the most supplies.
----
In Survivors, a team of two to four players are placed on a large open map. They have certain objectives to complete and then must escape. Maybe they have to gather supplies or parts then make it to a car or find the way to lower a bridge to cover a river and escape. But like in the campaign, gangs of hunters and clickers inhabit the map. These AI enemies would be randomly generated as would the conditions of the map: time of day, weather, etc. And as with single player, supplies and ammo would scare.

I had the exact same idea as your scavenger idea, kudos! I would absolutely love to see this gamemode! My personal playstyle with my buddies, I already know, would be to pick a room, or cabin, or cave, and post up there. Send teams of two out to scavenge while the rest protect the fort. What is your opinion on respawn in this sort of gamemode? I personally think that in a scavenger type game, permadeath is the only way to do it. The objective is to scavenge supplies in order for your faction live the longest, respawns wouldn't really make sense.

To go along with your survivors idea, I think it would be cool if there was an objective based gamemode, where two teams needed to say, repair a car to leave the city like you said, but both teams had the same objectives and needed to beat the enemy team to said objectives. The objectives could work in stages (if you die during a stage you cannot respawn until your team completes the stage) - if one team completes the stage before your team, then you have to catch up. You'd always have the option of finding and raiding the enemy team's "stash" for whatever items you're missing, in order to catch up and put the enemy team behind. Giving good reason to play as a team and leave a few players to guard your team's stash while others go out and scavenge for the supplies they need. All this would be going down while clickers would be in random places around the map an ammo a scarce.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (612 Views)
Sackboy
349 posts

Feb 7, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

I hope we get to run around with unlimited ammo in our PAK-80s.

Yea, yea good idea. Oh,  and make it 1HK, and give it the ability to shoot through any object. Also give it ROF, clip size, reload speed, and accuracy mods, and make it so they can all be equipped at the same time. And there you go, a perfectly balanced MP. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I guarantee u 100% that all of u will be disappointed when u see the multi..u say why? cuz I was VERY disappointed once I saw it <hint:mess with Google time line and u might find some surprises>

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/moesoulman/dark_zps855e1df8.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (554 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6179 posts

Feb 8, 2013
^ PICS OR **bleep**

2pac.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Feb 8, 2013
once a team scavenges supllies, that team now has more supplies at their base (ammo, bandages) for use by the team
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (534 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 8, 2013

so where did you get actually to see multiplayer info? how did you do it? or you are just trolling with my feelings?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (490 Views)
0 Likes