Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 04 2012
By: BrushYourTeeth PlayStation MVP 76 posts

Mo-Cap Performances as Unlockable Cutscenes

[ Edited ]
5 replies 131 views Edited Sep 4, 2012

A couple weeks ago, when Naughty Dog unveiled the Performance Capture video of the first meeting of Ellie, Joel, and Bill, I put forward an idea: What if the mo-cap performances could be played over the cutscenes (or side-by-side) as an unlockable feature? So far, as of writing, 68 others liked my idea (it's the top comment on the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODxqtwkdegU) and I was wondering how others felt about it. If we get enough buzz, maybe Naughty Dog will consider something of the like. What do you all think?

BrushYourTeeth on PSN and Twitter
Owner of Mynock Manor "A place where geek-focused news and ramblings come shaken, not Chewie,"
Message 1 of 6 (131 Views)
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Re: Mo-Cap Performances as Unlockable Cutscenes

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

Good idea! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 2 of 6 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 4, 2012

I love that idea!

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 3 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Sep 7, 2012

This sound like a great idea for say a collector's edition or GOTY edition.  Its doubtful something like that would come with a regular purchase. I could be wrong. I would like to see that though. I love to watch game development!

Message 4 of 6 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Definately, considering they've already done that in the Uncharted games (maybe not U3) I think it's likely we'll get a few in TLoU.

Message 5 of 6 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
76 posts

Sep 12, 2012

SlimJimOO9 wrote:

Definately, considering they've already done that in the Uncharted games (maybe not U3) I think it's likely we'll get a few in TLoU.

They had more BTS stuff on Youtube for Uncharted 3, especially in the mo-capping department. Otherwise they've always been great with BTS for all other aspects of development.
BrushYourTeeth on PSN and Twitter
Owner of Mynock Manor "A place where geek-focused news and ramblings come shaken, not Chewie,"
Message 6 of 6 (55 Views)
0 Likes