May 21 2013
By: FUIVT0PLAY Wastelander 671 posts

MP details and a season pass News

[ Edited ]
84 replies 1060 views Edited May 21, 2013

http://www.gamespot.com/news/last-of-us-multiplayer-news-imminent-6408575

It's all there, in an article from Gamespot.

Or here;

Naughty Dog says it will reveal mysterious multiplayer mode for postapocalyptic game soon, believes a DLC season pass would be a good idea.

Naughty Dog confirmed a multiplayer mode for The Last of Us last year, but has yet to give firm details about it. That stands to change soon, as the developer said today on the PlayStation Blogthat "multiplayer news is imminent." 

The comment comes from Naughty Dog community strategist Eric Monacelli, who added, "We will be talking about it very shortly if everything syncs up."

Last week, Naughty Dog lead artist Nate Wells talked up the multiplayer mode in Last of Us over Twitter, saying it is the "best ever conceived." Some multiplayer details were previously leaked.

Though Naughty Dog has not given details about what form multiplayer in The Last of Us will take, the developer has spoken out to say the mode will not be "tacked on."

"We don't approach [multiplayer] in any of our games as tacked on," the developer said last year. "And we also always have separate teams working on the different components so that we can maintain full focus on making [single-player] and [multiplayer] up to our standards."

Monacelli was also asked about the possibility of a downloadable content season pass for The Last of Us. He responded by succinctly stating, "Good idea!" 

Naughty Dog's last game, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, featured a DLC pass in the form of the $25 Fortune Hunter's Club offering.

Message 1 of 85 (1,060 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 21, 2013

Lol season pass, Naughty Dog has got some nuts to pull that one off again after the huge U3 scam.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 85 (1,041 Views)
Fender Bender
3654 posts

May 21, 2013

season passes are bad, here's why:

they raise the price of the DLC so it feels like the season pass is a bargain, but basically you're paying the normal price for all the DLC, and that is a problem, because I am forced to buy stuff I don't want for the normal price...

it's like those stores where you can buy clothes and then it says for instance on the price tag 40 dollar but now for only 25 dollar, while it never costed 40 dollars in the first place, they just want to trick people into buying it thinking it's on sale, so don't believe that crap, season passes are bad, no discussion about it...

Message 3 of 85 (1,040 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

May 21, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

season passes are bad, here's why:

they raise the price of the DLC so it feels like the season pass is a bargain, but basically you're paying the normal price for all the DLC, and that is a problem, because I am forced to buy stuff I don't want for the normal price...

it's like those stores where you can buy clothes and then it says for instance on the price tag 40 dollar but now for only 25 dollar, while it never costed 40 dollars in the first place, they just want to trick people into buying it thinking it's on sale, so don't believe that crap, season passes are bad, no discussion about it...

I've been at Wal-Mart before, looked at pudding, said it was on sale for $1.95. Lifted up the sale sticker, original price, $1.95.

Message 4 of 85 (1,033 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

May 21, 2013

Yeah, that's right Naughty Dog. The majority of your fans agree that the FHC (U3 Season Pass) was a HUGE scam. It's such a bad move that you guys never even tried to fix it. If you guys did perhaps you wouldn't have lost my trust.

Message 5 of 85 (1,026 Views)
Naughty Paw
11911 posts

May 21, 2013
^I didn't think FHC was a scam

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 6 of 85 (1,022 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

May 21, 2013

"The Last of Us will not have a season pass"

A few months later

"The Last of Us will have a season pass"

</Naughty Dog>

Message 7 of 85 (1,017 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11911 posts

May 21, 2013
^Are you referring to that Arne post on Neogaf?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 8 of 85 (1,009 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

May 21, 2013

Well it was a scam. They implied FHC had 4 mappacks while it only had 3 mappacks and 1 single adventure map sold as a "mappack" as well. In my world a pack consists of several components and not just one.

Message 9 of 85 (1,008 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

May 21, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^I didn't think FHC was a scam

Aren't the Season passes always like $5 off or something, than if you bought all DLC individually? I didn't buy the season pass for Gears 3, but I ended up buying all the DLC at some point becuase it gave me maps, characters, forification upgrades, and skins, and Raam's Shadow was like a 6 hour DLC campaign, playable in 4 player co-op.

Message 10 of 85 (1,002 Views)
0 Likes