Splicer
56 posts

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Why can't you ignore cusswords? Sure verbal bullying can kill people.. but seriosly.. You don't care about murders and blood everywhere.. psysical violence.. but some cusswords in a game.. that's too much for you animals. You are so SELFISH.

Be kind to each other.
Message 11 of 24 (372 Views)
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

OMG! how touchy is the world getting. It's a Mature title... If your precious, virgin ears can't handle curse words that go play a barbie game, and don't ruin the experience for the rest of us.

Message 12 of 24 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 28, 2012

I'd have to agree, not just because the game is rated M, but because of the content of the game. I'd like to imagine a bunch of violent squatters in a post-apocalyptic setting with few resources, don't exactly behave like gentlemen when it comes to their language. It would be the least of anyone's worries. No one would care if a little girl was using profanity, there's bigger issues going on in their time period than that...

Message 13 of 24 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Yeah, i just played a little of the Battlefield 3 campaign and man... that's full of f words. Smiley Very Happy

I just don't like when Ellie says that kinda stuff, i men, i recently watched that trailer with that new guy *searches at ND site* Bill, and Ellie said some pretty nasty things to him, he might deserve that, who knows, but she's still a "children", c'mon...

Message 14 of 24 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2012

To be honest, I skipped most of the thread since it's mostly whining about font color and silly bickering. 

However, I agree completely with the sentiment of the OPs post. It has swearing and will be rated accordingly. ND did their job. And if you're offended, this is not their problem. It's yours.

It's like going to an R rated movie and getting **bleep** because there is some swearing. Guess what, it was rated R. It is not their fault that you expect others to coddle you, protect your precious sensibilities, and explain the purpose of a rating system to you.

Start taking some responsibility for what you watch and play. 

Message 15 of 24 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
279 posts

Jul 30, 2012

I don't see why people want a language filter when they'll be shooting people in the face

Message 16 of 24 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Aug 3, 2012

This is for anyone to answer......

Is it definitely rated M? I think I'll buy it anyway, and I agree with this thread mostly, but is there any chance of it being T? Just curious, and what are your thoughts on what the specifications of it's ratings will be? (e.g.. Violence, Strong Language etc)

Message 17 of 24 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Aug 4, 2012

One of the trailers has the PEGI 18 notice on it so yeah, I'd say it's pretty definitely going to be an M.

Message 18 of 24 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Its crazy to hear a game still in development being judged so harshly like this for its choice of dialogue.  I agree that for the setting it is much needed in concern to the atmosphere but i dont see why Naughty Dog couldnt jsut add a filter to bleep those words out though I prefer those people jsut dont buy the game to begin with.

Message 19 of 24 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I've actually found that when replaying Uncharted 2 multiple times if they simple edited/changed the swearing dialogue in the game it would still have the same atmosphere because it's meant to be a "upper" type game where 'crap' is all you need to let the player know that bad things are about to happen.

In TLOU, that atmosphere is completely different. It's people who don't care anymore because society is gone. I wouldn't expect the game to have butterflies and the like, but I would like to see a filter than simply tones down the language to an UNCHARTED level where most of the f-bombs are replaced by other swear words. When a game has a lot of cussing in it's cutscenes that's 1 thing. I can skip that, but I really don't want to hear the what....7(?) F-bombs that were said during the 2 minute fight scene...that feels way too much like some company just wanting to be edgy. 

Again, I'm not expecting a Teen rating, just even the option to make the non-cutscenes have a minimal amount of f-bombs. 

That said, it seems like ND isn't the company to change their game in this way. Most companies aren't, even though it would help them sell more games.

The Old Republic = Every great game Sony never released...and did.
Message 20 of 24 (217 Views)
0 Likes