Reply
Jul 15 2012
By: FreshRevenge Treasure Hunter 4786 posts
Offline

M is for Mature not Immature!

[ Edited ]
23 replies 874 views Edited Jul 15, 2012

Lately I have seen many threads or people making complaints over the language in the demos. People want a language filter? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds. It is a game that has mature content.

 

Now if Naughty Dog feels inclined to do something different by adding a tone different than their last game than why should we complain? So they feel that the written dialog has some cuss words since it is a different type of game than Uncharted.

 

Now we have games that depict murder over and over again but no one is complaining to game companies to tone that down. Well we have some people that do. Why don't we have a filter or guns sounds? The sound of a gun goes off and usually means something bad is going to happen at the other end of that bullet. So what is the difference between a bad word or a bad bullet? They both make offensive sounds to cause damage to a person visual perceptance or their auditory senses. 

 

So you are the protagnist with the gun and you fire it off and you watch the enemy on the screen get harmed and they fall over and portray the motion of being dead. Yet if the protagnist uses a cuss word that is auditory it is perceived as being offensive? Does that make any sense to you?

 

So people who can't handle listening to some swear words really shouldn't be able to handle to listen to gun sounds.

 

This excuse that the game will get a larger audience if they have a language filter is so silly. There are 8 Billion people on this earth and I am sure there are enough people on this earth that can handle a few swear words! So using that as an excuse is well just silly.

 

So I think people really need to reevaluate the term Mature when they purchase the game and really think before they purchase it. Gamers have been numb to violence for many years, I think language is something they need to get numb to as well and just get over it. Also there is that option not to buy the game. I am sure Naughty Dog that has made AAA games are not going to do something that isn't a reflection of their creative talent.

 

People do need to drop it and just decide to either buy the game or not buy the game. I am full support of their decision to have some swear words to create a different atmosphere than previous games!

 

 

 

 

 photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 1 of 24 (874 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/11/2012
Offline
1042 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

Jul 15, 2012
I agree, people need to put their priorities in order. Would anybody find God of War more brutal if Kratos were swearing at the deasts he mutilates? It makes no sense buying a M-Rated game and complain about implied things as violence or language
Message 2 of 24 (871 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/28/2009
Offline
153 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

FreshRevenge wrote:

Lately I have seen many threads or people making complaints over the language in the demos. People want a language filter? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds. It is a game that has mature content. Yeah, it is an "M" rated game that's the whole reason why people are asking for a language filter is it not?

 

Now if Naughty Dog feels inclined to do something different by adding a tone different than their last game than why should we complain? So they feel that the written dialog has some cuss words since it is a different type of game than Uncharted. LOL. There were a lot more than a "few" swear words. People were yelling out the f-bomb every second in the E3 demo.  I also heard it a few times in the Meet Bill trailer and that was just a conversation no violence at all.

 

Now we have games that depict murder over and over again but no one is complaining to game companies to tone that down. Well we have some people that do. Why don't we have a filter or guns sounds? The sound of a gun goes off and usually means something bad is going to happen at the other end of that bullet. So what is the difference between a bad word or a bad bullet? They both make offensive sounds to cause damage to a person visual perceptance or their auditory senses.  There is a filter for a gun it's called a "suppressor". The "bad" stuff you call it is always a misuse of a firearm. People use guns for target practice or for sports like skeet. So you're saying those activities are offensive? So I guess fireworks are offensive also because they make a similar sound. The difference between a swear word and a "bad bullet" is that a bad bullet doesn't exist unless you're talking about a bullet not firing properly ,and a swear word is an offensive word used commonly out of anger or frustration.  How do they both make offensive sounds? Hypothetically, let's say that there are two guys and one girl. One of guys cusses the girl out and the other guy simply shoots a bullet from his gun into the air. Who do you think the girl will actually be angry at? Exactly.

 

So you are the protagnist with the gun and you fire it off and you watch the enemy on the screen get harmed and they fall over and portray the motion of being dead. Yet if the protagnist uses a cuss word that is auditory it is perceived as being offensive? Does that make any sense to you? Yes, it does make sense because swear words are offensive.

 

So people who can't handle listening to some swear words really shouldn't be able to handle to listen to gun sounds.  People can tolerate swear words. They hear them at ,school ,work , and etc. so why should they have to hear them in their own home?  I'm honestly not offended by profanity but gets so tiring to hear them over and over that they have become obnoxious and redundant to me. Again, a gun sound is a simple explosion of gun powder. Yes, guns do kill but it's the act of the person doing it not the gun sound itself.

 

This excuse that the game will get a larger audience if they have a language filter is so silly. There are 8 Billion people on this earth and I am sure there are enough people on this earth that can handle a few swear words! So using that as an excuse is well just silly. No, there are almost 7 billion people in the world but it doesn't really matter anyway because not all people on Earth have have a PS3. Not all of the people that have PS3s are going to get The Last of Us. I guess roughly around 4 to 6 million sales. So why not try to give what people want to get more sales? Imagine you have a lemonade stand. You have a pretty good business making decent money, but some people ask for pink lemonade before they make a purchase at your stand. So why not sell pink lemonade to get more profit? What is so silly about getting more sales and money?

 

So I think people really need to reevaluate the term Mature when they purchase the game and really think before they purchase it. Gamers have been numb to violence for many years, I think language is something they need to get numb to as well and just get over it. Also there is that option not to buy the game. I am sure Naughty Dog that has made AAA games are not going to do something that isn't a reflection of their creative talent.   No, not all gamers are numb to violence.  I have a friend, who is 17 years of age, who is against violence so he usually plays puzzle games like Portal. Just because you think it's fine to cuss doesn't mean the same rules apply to everyone else. I hardly find cussing in dialogue to be "creative" more like being lazy and thinking it's the cool thing to cuss left and right.

 

People do need to drop it and just decide to either buy the game or not buy the game. I am full support of their decision to have some swear words to create a different atmosphere than previous games!   TLOU already has a different atmosphere by a different cast and location. So if all the profanity in Uncharted was taken out would it have a completely different atmousphere? So by your logic The Last of Us and the Uncharted series have the same atmosphere because they both have profanity in them.

 

 

 

 


 

Message 3 of 24 (837 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2006
Offline
4786 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

mario507 wrote:

FreshRevenge wrote:

Lately I have seen many threads or people making complaints over the language in the demos. People want a language filter? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds. It is a game that has mature content. Yeah, it is an "M" rated game that's the whole reason why people are asking for a language filter is it not? 

 

Again if you can't handle a few swear words just don't play the game !

 

Now if Naughty Dog feels inclined to do something different by adding a tone different than their last game than why should we complain? So they feel that the written dialog has some cuss words since it is a different type of game than Uncharted. LOL. There were a lot more than a "few" swear words. People were yelling out the f-bomb every second in the E3 demo.  I also heard it a few times in the Meet Bill trailer and that was just a conversation no violence at all.

 

who cares how many F bombs are in it, it is a Mature game, don't expect Rainbows and Butterflies in this game!

 

Now we have games that depict murder over and over again but no one is complaining to game companies to tone that down. Well we have some people that do. Why don't we have a filter or guns sounds? The sound of a gun goes off and usually means something bad is going to happen at the other end of that bullet. So what is the difference between a bad word or a bad bullet? They both make offensive sounds to cause damage to a person visual perceptance or their auditory senses.  There is a filter for a gun it's called a "suppressor". The "bad" stuff you call it is always a misuse of a firearm. People use guns for target practice or for sports like skeet. So you're saying those activities are offensive? So I guess fireworks are offensive also because they make a similar sound. The difference between a swear word and a "bad bullet" is that a bad bullet doesn't exist unless you're talking about a bullet not firing properly ,and a swear word is an offensive word used commonly out of anger or frustration.  How do they both make offensive sounds? Hypothetically, let's say that there are two guys and one girl. One of guys cusses the girl out and the other guy simply shoots a bullet from his gun into the air. Who do you think the girl will actually be angry at? Exactly.

 

You have never been in War zone kid. Guns actually kill people, this isn't some target practice exercise.  I am making the point that how is killing in a video game any different than some vocal vibrations? Words don't actually kill people.

 

So you are the protagnist with the gun and you fire it off and you watch the enemy on the screen get harmed and they fall over and portray the motion of being dead. Yet if the protagnist uses a cuss word that is auditory it is perceived as being offensive? Does that make any sense to you? Yes, it does make sense because swear words are offensive.

 

And murdering makes sense, Ever hear of the saying Bricks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.

 

So people who can't handle listening to some swear words really shouldn't be able to handle to listen to gun sounds.  People can tolerate swear words. They hear them at ,school ,work , and etc. so why should they have to hear them in their own home?  I'm honestly not offended by profanity but gets so tiring to hear them over and over that they have become obnoxious and redundant to me. Again, a gun sound is a simple explosion of gun powder. Yes, guns do kill but it's the act of the person doing it not the gun sound itself.

 

Again don't buy the game, Guns don't kill people but people do. Use your logic there for a moment it is the words that come out of person's mouth so what is  the difference again? A person pulls the trigger. A person uses their vocal cords to mumble a word that sounds like a bad word.

 

This excuse that the game will get a larger audience if they have a language filter is so silly. There are 8 Billion people on this earth and I am sure there are enough people on this earth that can handle a few swear words! So using that as an excuse is well just silly. No, there are almost 7 billion people in the world but it doesn't really matter anyway because not all people on Earth have have a PS3. Not all of the people that have PS3s are going to get The Last of Us. I guess roughly around 4 to 6 million sales. So why not try to give what people want to get more sales? Imagine you have a lemonade stand. You have a pretty good business making decent money, but some people ask for pink lemonade before they make a purchase at your stand. So why not sell pink lemonade to get more profit? What is so silly about getting more sales and money?

 

Oh I am 1 billion off, it does not matter. Don't compare a kids lemonade stand to multi million dollar company. Not all people like lemonade anyway!

 

So I think people really need to reevaluate the term Mature when they purchase the game and really think before they purchase it. Gamers have been numb to violence for many years, I think language is something they need to get numb to as well and just get over it. Also there is that option not to buy the game. I am sure Naughty Dog that has made AAA games are not going to do something that isn't a reflection of their creative talent.   No, not all gamers are numb to violence.  I have a friend, who is 17 years of age, who is against violence so he usually plays puzzle games like Portal. Just because you think it's fine to cuss doesn't mean the same rules apply to everyone else. I hardly find cussing in dialogue to be "creative" more like being lazy and thinking it's the cool thing to cuss left and right.

 

Your 17 year old friend which means you must be around the same age. You haven't had time to become numb to it. This logic fails. I play Portal but Portal isn't a Mature game whereas The Last of Us is, you are comparing Apples and Oranges. Try again!

 

People do need to drop it and just decide to either buy the game or not buy the game. I am full support of their decision to have some swear words to create a different atmosphere than previous games!   TLOU already has a different atmosphere by a different cast and location. So if all the profanity in Uncharted was taken out would it have a completely different atmousphere? So by your logic The Last of Us and the Uncharted series have the same atmosphere because they both have profanity in them.

 

People can cuss in two different settings, it does not make it the same atmosphere!

 

 

 

 


 


 

 photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 4 of 24 (810 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4327 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

Jul 16, 2012
I haven't read all posts in this thread, sorry. Just you should know that this section was originally locked to forumers. The link below should give you a proper place to discuss this. Plus, there's more people over there.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/24815
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 5 of 24 (507 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/28/2009
Offline
153 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

FreshRevenge wrote:

mario507 wrote:

FreshRevenge wrote:

Lately I have seen many threads or people making complaints over the language in the demos. People want a language filter? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds. It is a game that has mature content. Yeah, it is an "M" rated game that's the whole reason why people are asking for a language filter is it not? 

 

Again if you can't handle a few swear words just don't play the game !

 

Never said I couldn't.

 

Now if Naughty Dog feels inclined to do something different by adding a tone different than their last game than why should we complain? So they feel that the written dialog has some cuss words since it is a different type of game than Uncharted. LOL. There were a lot more than a "few" swear words. People were yelling out the f-bomb every second in the E3 demo.  I also heard it a few times in the Meet Bill trailer and that was just a conversation no violence at all.

 

who cares how many F bombs are in it, it is a Mature game, don't expect Rainbows and Butterflies in this game!

 

I don't see why there can't be any rainbows and butterflies. Smiley Very Happy

 

Now we have games that depict murder over and over again but no one is complaining to game companies to tone that down. Well we have some people that do. Why don't we have a filter or guns sounds? The sound of a gun goes off and usually means something bad is going to happen at the other end of that bullet. So what is the difference between a bad word or a bad bullet? They both make offensive sounds to cause damage to a person visual perceptance or their auditory senses.  There is a filter for a gun it's called a "suppressor". The "bad" stuff you call it is always a misuse of a firearm. People use guns for target practice or for sports like skeet. So you're saying those activities are offensive? So I guess fireworks are offensive also because they make a similar sound. The difference between a swear word and a "bad bullet" is that a bad bullet doesn't exist unless you're talking about a bullet not firing properly ,and a swear word is an offensive word used commonly out of anger or frustration.  How do they both make offensive sounds? Hypothetically, let's say that there are two guys and one girl. One of guys cusses the girl out and the other guy simply shoots a bullet from his gun into the air. Who do you think the girl will actually be angry at? Exactly.

 

You have never been in War zone kid. Guns actually kill people, this isn't some target practice exercise.  I am making the point that how is killing in a video game any different than some vocal vibrations? Words don't actually kill people.

 

I think I can confidently bet my soul you've never been in a warzone either, kid. I know guns kill people I was just giving examples to show how ridiculous gun sounds can actually offend somebody. You actually think murdering someone is the same thing as swearing. Woah really? Yes, indirectly words can kill people. You've never heard of all the victims that committed suicide from cyberbullying or verbal abuse?

 

 

So you are the protagnist with the gun and you fire it off and you watch the enemy on the screen get harmed and they fall over and portray the motion of being dead. Yet if the protagnist uses a cuss word that is auditory it is perceived as being offensive? Does that make any sense to you? Yes, it does make sense because swear words are offensive.

 

And murdering makes sense, Ever hear of the saying Bricks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.

 

Read my response above of how words can kill people.

 

So people who can't handle listening to some swear words really shouldn't be able to handle to listen to gun sounds.  People can tolerate swear words. They hear them at ,school ,work , and etc. so why should they have to hear them in their own home?  I'm honestly not offended by profanity but gets so tiring to hear them over and over that they have become obnoxious and redundant to me. Again, a gun sound is a simple explosion of gun powder. Yes, guns do kill but it's the act of the person doing it not the gun sound itself.

 

Again don't buy the game, Guns don't kill people but people do. Use your logic there for a moment it is the words that come out of person's mouth so what is  the difference again? A person pulls the trigger. A person uses their vocal cords to mumble a word that sounds like a bad word.

 

Just because violence and profanity both come from the human body does not make it the same thing. Violence is physical and profanity is mental.

 

This excuse that the game will get a larger audience if they have a language filter is so silly. There are 8 Billion people on this earth and I am sure there are enough people on this earth that can handle a few swear words! So using that as an excuse is well just silly. No, there are almost 7 billion people in the world but it doesn't really matter anyway because not all people on Earth have have a PS3. Not all of the people that have PS3s are going to get The Last of Us. I guess roughly around 4 to 6 million sales. So why not try to give what people want to get more sales? Imagine you have a lemonade stand. You have a pretty good business making decent money, but some people ask for pink lemonade before they make a purchase at your stand. So why not sell pink lemonade to get more profit? What is so silly about getting more sales and money?

 

Oh I am 1 billion off, it does not matter. Don't compare a kids lemonade stand to multi million dollar company. Not all people like lemonade anyway!

 

Why can't I compare them, they are both a form of business.

 

So I think people really need to reevaluate the term Mature when they purchase the game and really think before they purchase it. Gamers have been numb to violence for many years, I think language is something they need to get numb to as well and just get over it. Also there is that option not to buy the game. I am sure Naughty Dog that has made AAA games are not going to do something that isn't a reflection of their creative talent.   No, not all gamers are numb to violence.  I have a friend, who is 17 years of age, who is against violence so he usually plays puzzle games like Portal. Just because you think it's fine to cuss doesn't mean the same rules apply to everyone else. I hardly find cussing in dialogue to be "creative" more like being lazy and thinking it's the cool thing to cuss left and right.

 

Your 17 year old friend which means you must be around the same age. You haven't had time to become numb to it. This logic fails. I play Portal but Portal isn't a Mature game whereas The Last of Us is, you are comparing Apples and Oranges. Try again!

 

You missed the point entirely. You said "Gamers have been numb to violence for many years" so I gave you an example why that's not true for everyone.

 

People do need to drop it and just decide to either buy the game or not buy the game. I am full support of their decision to have some swear words to create a different atmosphere than previous games!   TLOU already has a different atmosphere by a different cast and location. So if all the profanity in Uncharted was taken out would it have a completely different atmousphere? So by your logic The Last of Us and the Uncharted series have the same atmosphere because they both have profanity in them.

 

People can cuss in two different settings, it does not make it the same atmosphere!

 

It depends. Let's take Uncharted for example, isn't Nathan Drake trying to fight for his life while he gets the treasure in the end? Yes. Isn't Joel and Ellie trying to survive the infected and the people that are trying to kill them.? Yes. Sure they're in different settings but they are going through the same thing.

 

 

 

 


 


 


 

Message 6 of 24 (504 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2006
Offline
4786 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

Jul 16, 2012

mario507 wrote:

FreshRevenge wrote:

mario507 wrote:

FreshRevenge wrote:

Lately I have seen many threads or people making complaints over the language in the demos. People want a language filter? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds. It is a game that has mature content. Yeah, it is an "M" rated game that's the whole reason why people are asking for a language filter is it not? 

 

Again if you can't handle a few swear words just don't play the game !

 

Never said I couldn't.

 

Now if Naughty Dog feels inclined to do something different by adding a tone different than their last game than why should we complain? So they feel that the written dialog has some cuss words since it is a different type of game than Uncharted. LOL. There were a lot more than a "few" swear words. People were yelling out the f-bomb every second in the E3 demo.  I also heard it a few times in the Meet Bill trailer and that was just a conversation no violence at all.

 

who cares how many F bombs are in it, it is a Mature game, don't expect Rainbows and Butterflies in this game!

 

I don't see why there can't be any rainbows and butterflies. Smiley Very Happy

 

Now we have games that depict murder over and over again but no one is complaining to game companies to tone that down. Well we have some people that do. Why don't we have a filter or guns sounds? The sound of a gun goes off and usually means something bad is going to happen at the other end of that bullet. So what is the difference between a bad word or a bad bullet? They both make offensive sounds to cause damage to a person visual perceptance or their auditory senses.  There is a filter for a gun it's called a "suppressor". The "bad" stuff you call it is always a misuse of a firearm. People use guns for target practice or for sports like skeet. So you're saying those activities are offensive? So I guess fireworks are offensive also because they make a similar sound. The difference between a swear word and a "bad bullet" is that a bad bullet doesn't exist unless you're talking about a bullet not firing properly ,and a swear word is an offensive word used commonly out of anger or frustration.  How do they both make offensive sounds? Hypothetically, let's say that there are two guys and one girl. One of guys cusses the girl out and the other guy simply shoots a bullet from his gun into the air. Who do you think the girl will actually be angry at? Exactly.

 

You have never been in War zone kid. Guns actually kill people, this isn't some target practice exercise.  I am making the point that how is killing in a video game any different than some vocal vibrations? Words don't actually kill people.

 

I think I can confidently bet my soul you've never been in a warzone either, kid. I know guns kill people I was just giving examples to show how ridiculous gun sounds can actually offend somebody. You actually think murdering someone is the same thing as swearing. Woah really? Yes, indirectly words can kill people. You've never heard of all the victims that committed suicide from cyberbullying or verbal abuse?

 

 

So you are the protagnist with the gun and you fire it off and you watch the enemy on the screen get harmed and they fall over and portray the motion of being dead. Yet if the protagnist uses a cuss word that is auditory it is perceived as being offensive? Does that make any sense to you? Yes, it does make sense because swear words are offensive.

 

And murdering makes sense, Ever hear of the saying Bricks and stones may break my bones but words may never hurt me.

 

Read my response above of how words can kill people.

 

So people who can't handle listening to some swear words really shouldn't be able to handle to listen to gun sounds.  People can tolerate swear words. They hear them at ,school ,work , and etc. so why should they have to hear them in their own home?  I'm honestly not offended by profanity but gets so tiring to hear them over and over that they have become obnoxious and redundant to me. Again, a gun sound is a simple explosion of gun powder. Yes, guns do kill but it's the act of the person doing it not the gun sound itself.

 

Again don't buy the game, Guns don't kill people but people do. Use your logic there for a moment it is the words that come out of person's mouth so what is  the difference again? A person pulls the trigger. A person uses their vocal cords to mumble a word that sounds like a bad word.

 

Just because violence and profanity both come from the human body does not make it the same thing. Violence is physical and profanity is mental.

 

This excuse that the game will get a larger audience if they have a language filter is so silly. There are 8 Billion people on this earth and I am sure there are enough people on this earth that can handle a few swear words! So using that as an excuse is well just silly. No, there are almost 7 billion people in the world but it doesn't really matter anyway because not all people on Earth have have a PS3. Not all of the people that have PS3s are going to get The Last of Us. I guess roughly around 4 to 6 million sales. So why not try to give what people want to get more sales? Imagine you have a lemonade stand. You have a pretty good business making decent money, but some people ask for pink lemonade before they make a purchase at your stand. So why not sell pink lemonade to get more profit? What is so silly about getting more sales and money?

 

Oh I am 1 billion off, it does not matter. Don't compare a kids lemonade stand to multi million dollar company. Not all people like lemonade anyway!

 

Why can't I compare them, they are both a form of business.

 

So I think people really need to reevaluate the term Mature when they purchase the game and really think before they purchase it. Gamers have been numb to violence for many years, I think language is something they need to get numb to as well and just get over it. Also there is that option not to buy the game. I am sure Naughty Dog that has made AAA games are not going to do something that isn't a reflection of their creative talent.   No, not all gamers are numb to violence.  I have a friend, who is 17 years of age, who is against violence so he usually plays puzzle games like Portal. Just because you think it's fine to cuss doesn't mean the same rules apply to everyone else. I hardly find cussing in dialogue to be "creative" more like being lazy and thinking it's the cool thing to cuss left and right.

 

Your 17 year old friend which means you must be around the same age. You haven't had time to become numb to it. This logic fails. I play Portal but Portal isn't a Mature game whereas The Last of Us is, you are comparing Apples and Oranges. Try again!

 

You missed the point entirely. You said "Gamers have been numb to violence for many years" so I gave you an example why that's not true for everyone.

 

People do need to drop it and just decide to either buy the game or not buy the game. I am full support of their decision to have some swear words to create a different atmosphere than previous games!   TLOU already has a different atmosphere by a different cast and location. So if all the profanity in Uncharted was taken out would it have a completely different atmousphere? So by your logic The Last of Us and the Uncharted series have the same atmosphere because they both have profanity in them.

 

People can cuss in two different settings, it does not make it the same atmosphere!

 

It depends. Let's take Uncharted for example, isn't Nathan Drake trying to fight for his life while he gets the treasure in the end? Yes. Isn't Joel and Ellie trying to survive the infected and the people that are trying to kill them.? Yes. Sure they're in different settings but they are going through the same thing.

 

 

 

 


 


 


 


Your comment about me not being in a Warzone is far from the truth. I was part of OIF in Iraq part of an Infantry Regime stationed out of Ft Lewis Washington. I know how to fire a real life M-4 and M-16, M-9 a 50 Cal, an 60m, 81m, 120m mortar system and few other combat weapons. I have seen blood and guts. So pardon me if I find people bellyaching over a few swear words somewhat stupid!

 photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 7 of 24 (489 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/06/2011
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Relax Freshrevenge just relax. I was just kidding. i didn't read a book since school ended, so im not a bookworm. Also dont call me a dam weasel. Im a person who doesnt care about any of that crap about word color and so much more. ByeSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 24 (485 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

Jul 17, 2012

I think if a game is Rated M for mature you know what to expect. If the devs want to put in a language filter more power to them. I get what the op is saying, but it's not the gun or the bullet, but the violent act. I really think peoples idea of what is offensive is really messed up when they are complaining about language in a game that is nothing but constant violence a killing from beginning to end. Maybe they need to re-evaluate what is really offensive. Most games that are action oriented and have lots of bad language I believe are trying to convey the stress of the situation. I know when things go wrong in my life and it is a stressfull emergency situation I have been prone to cussing in those situations so for me cussing in these types of situations in game really makes it more believable for me. After all if someone is shooting at you are you going to talk like Ned Flanders, or George Carlin?  BTW I am so excited for this game and it makes me happy I switched from the Xbox to the PS3 if only for this game.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 9 of 24 (453 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Offline
1934 posts
 

Re: M is for Mature not Immature!

Jul 18, 2012

Yeah kinda ironic, you can shoot the crap out of people in Uncharted, yet they can't stand a few cuss words. It's the atmosphere of the game if you don't like it, why would you be interested in this game in the first place? This reminds me of South Park the movie. Americans whining about cussing, yet the movies they make are violent.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 24 (436 Views)